Decided on a 1911

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

I have been wanting a .45 for a while and have flipped,flopped between 1911 or polymer, well I decided to try and find a Springfield Loaded Full Size Parkerized.From what I have read this gun is a solid 1911 platform.Any input?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me
Other than the Parkerized finish, sounds like a good enough choice.

What finish do you prefer, stainless? I have never owned a stainless weapon,I guess I am cheap. I was thinking the stainless would prob be about $100 more.I am hoping to find one for around $750-$800.Is this a close estimate or wishful thinking?

Edited by 10mm4me
What finish do you prefer, stainless? I have never owned a stainless weapon,I guess I am cheap. I was thinking the stainless would prob be about $100 more.

Yeah, I'm more of a stainless fan when it comes to 1911's, but that's just me. In my experiences, the stainless continues to look good for a longer period of time.

I went to Guns & Leather and finally held a Springfield 1911 Hi cap and fell in love with it.

Maybe they still have it and maybe you should buy it so I can quit worrying about how I am going to explain to my wife about another gun purchase. she may even shoot me with it:D That gun felt real good in my hand. If you don't want a hi cap, I'll end up

buying it unless it's already found a home.

I went to Guns & Leather and finally held a Springfield 1911 Hi cap and fell in love with it.

Maybe they still have it and maybe you should buy it so I can quit worrying about how I am going to explain to my wife about another gun purchase. she may even shoot me with it:D That gun felt real good in my hand. If you don't want a hi cap, I'll end up

buying it unless it's already found a home.

I've been thinking about a SA Loaded 1911 for some time now, but I thought they were all either 7+1 or 8+1. How many are in the high-capacity model you refer to?

Thanks, B

Guest hi im drummer03
Yeah, I'm more of a stainless fan when it comes to 1911's, but that's just me. In my experiences, the stainless continues to look good for a longer period of time.

+1.

As for the OP.My dad bought the SA Loaded Fullsize in stainless about 2 months ago.When he took it to the range it was jamming 2-3 rounds per 2 mags.He has to send it in to SA. They made some adjustments,he has took it out since then and FTE's. Under 800 SA is tough to beat.

As for the Hi Cap the SA come with 7+1 mags.You can get aftermarket ones that hold more.

Are you getting a Fullsize or Champion?

Have you looked at the Dan Wesson Pointman 7?

If it is a true "hi cap", its probably a 1911 slide on a Para Ord frame kit. Which is a wicked setup. I have a Para P14 stainless on order right now, and I'm very excited. I ordered the 15+1 factory mags for it, just waiting for the gun. 16 rounds of .45acp will really ruin a zombie's day.

I have been wanting a .45 for a while and have flipped,flopped between 1911 or polymer, well I decided to try and find a Springfield Loaded Full Size Parkerized.From what I have read this gun is a solid 1911 platform.Any input?

In my opinion they are the best guns on the market today.

Don't think you'll go wrong with a SA. I have had a LW Loaded Champion Operator for about a year, and after a few FTF and a break in period, it has been a great pistol. Good crisp trigger and very accurate. The only issue I've had was not the fault of the gun, had some old mags with weak springs that needed replacing. Otherwise it's great.

I think Magic's right about the stainless finish for resale.

Check out the "sticky" on the park. finish at the 1911forum.com you'll understand the work involved in maintaining a parked. finish, for me it's worth it, to the average guy not so much. Good choice in the "Loaded". I had one for 4yrs. great gun, it was SS. I sold it after deciding I wanted a "parked" 1911, got a Mil-Spec. There's just something about a "parked" 1911 that is soooooo right!! Everyone needs one.:P