Romantic, Quiet, Mid Priced Restaurant in Nashville

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you are a fan of Thai food, but my friends father owns a restaurant in Cool Springs called Jasmine. It is an absolute favorite of my wife and I. Without our discount most meals are easily under $50.

Guest HexHead
Not sure if you are a fan of Thai food, but my friends father owns a restaurant in Cool Springs called Jasmine. It is an absolute favorite of my wife and I. Without our discount most meals are easily under $50.

Jasmine is the BEST Thai restaurant in middle TN, bar none. Good call.

Guest HexHead
Any time I've been to the Carabbas in Hendersonville it's been enjoyable. Not too loud, and the foods great. I believe they have one in Nashville.

+1 on Carrabbas, and there's one in Green Hills. For a mid-priced Italian restaurant they are far better than Maggiano's. Maggiano's sucks. I won't even attend free luncheons there.

I guess a bunch of you guys are clueless what good Italian food is. And it is damn hard to find in Nashville.

I'd rather go to Olive Garden than Maggiano's.

It really depends on your definition of mid priced. I'd say that is under 20 a head, but that's just me.

Yellow Porch is excellent and quite romantic.

Sonobana is less romantic but the best deal in town when it comes to quality Japanese food that is fairly priced.

Sole Mio is pretty decent Italian as is Finezza. The former is probably more romantic.

Please don't take your wife to some lame chain restaurant for a romantic dinner. There is so much better out there, and at great prices.

Nashville Originals - Independent, locally-owned restaurants

You may want to check out that site. I can vouch for mambu, caffe nonna, tayst, and a few others. Some are very pricey while others are more hangouts than nice places to take someone for dinner.

Edited by SavageSig
Guest mustangdave

Best Italian in town...IMHO...its a tic above mid priced though..Antonio's in Bellvue...I may have to check out Jasimine...I like me some good Thai. Bucca De Peppo...Is pretty good Italian FAMILY style dinning too.

Best Italian in town...IMHO...its a tic above mid priced though..Antonio's in Bellvue...I may have to check out Jasimine...I like me some good Thai. Bucca De Peppo...Is pretty good Italian FAMILY style dinning too.

My one experience with Bucca de Peppo left me rather nonplussed. They tried to serve us with dirty plates?

They brought us the family style courses, got those all set up, and then handed us a stack of dishes to serve ourselves and then left. The dish on top was clean. All of the others were not.

Now, I'm a little fussy when it comes to what I eat off of, but I generally don't send plates or utensils back with minor water stains or even very small food stains. If it looks like it's been through the dishwasher, I'm OK with it. These plates, however, were absolutely filthy. A couple had unidentifiable juices pooled on the bottom, just disgusting. Not sure how it happened, but it did.

What really took the cake was how unapologetic the manager was. Took 5 minutes to replace the plates, and the staff tried to act like it was no big deal. Sorry, but being served dirty dishes sort of ruins my appetite, because obviously your kitchen is not running right.

And so long as we're on the subject of Thai, any of you guys remember Salathai? I was so sad when they closed down to make way for the current crop of crap on West End: Jason's Deli, Five Guy's, Jack in the Box. I don't know about Jasmine (I will definitely check it out), but if you want authentic Thai on a budget, Thai Kitchen is the place to go. They serve american stayle Thai, but if you say Thai Style Basil Chicken instead of just Basil Chicken, for instance, you get a blazingly hot, delicious and authentic meal. And a fried egg on top, because apparently that's the way Thais do it. All for about 5 bucks, sometimes under, depending on what you order.

Guest Drewsett

I serve at Stoney River in Cool Springs...I would consider us "mid-priced", most guests will spend about $100 bucks on dinner, but that includes alcohol, apps, and dessert. I DO have people make it out with 50-60$ tabs as well, but they aren't drinking or eating anything but entrees.

The quiet part is the kicker....don't come in on a Friday or Saturday night, but if you come in any other time, we can make sure you have a quiet romantic evening...heck if you check out the menu online and decide you want to come to Stoney just drop me a PM and we can see about special arrangements (we have private rooms with tables, tables next to a big fireplace, etc.)

EDIT: Oh, also...if you ask for me I have a limited supply of $20 off dinner for two coupons that I can see making their way onto your bill (just make sure you tell me you're from TGO)

Edited by Drewsett
added info
Guest HexHead

I was at the Stoney River on West End for a luncheon about a week or so ago. When you order a steak "medium" there's a fair amount of latitude before the cook completely ****s it up. The waitress even said "warm pink center" when I place my order. There was no hint of pink in there. I won't go back.

If a supposed steakhouse restaurant can't even get "medium" right, they're worthless.