Militia's ??

I was reading up on some Tennessee militia's and there really does not seem to be much info available online. Anyone know anyone in a militia? I was wondering If these peoe are nut jobs or if there would be any benefit in getting involved with one in for survival?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malitias are a great idea, unfortunately many of them allow complete morons to join their ranks.

If you can find one that doesn't participate in illegal activity in one form or another, count your lucky stars. Most have good intentions, but all too often lack the ability to conduct business without breaking some sort of law(s).

Many of these malitias can own as many firearms as their hearts desire (even full-autos), so I'm always amazed at the news stories about those who illegally posses full-autos, explosives, etc.

I am not oppsed to malitias, and may even consider joining one if I knew they were law-abiding. I have no desire to go to prision for being associated with someone or a group who can't operate in a legal manner.

Many of these malitias can own as many firearms as their hearts desire (even full-autos), so I'm always amazed at the news stories about those who illegally posses full-autos, explosives, etc.

I can own as many firearms as I want (even full autos) if I have enough money.

Guest milkman

I have to agree with what's been said.

I want to add that there are groups that watch Militias, i.e. ADL and SPLC. They believe, (correctly in many cases), that Militias are poorly disquised hate groups. Getting yourself on their radar will get you on the Three Letter Government Agencies Radar.

The idea is a good one, a group of people with common interests watching out for one another, but the excution of the idea often turns into something that if not illegal is hovering near the line of being illegal.

Guest forrestcav

look for a constitutional based militia. the good one's try not to allow white supremeists and race haters in. (although our own goverment does).

PM me if you want more info.

Guest forrestcav
I only know of one militia in TN.

1sttnrifles.net

They dont seem to be trouble(so dont get on there trying to start crap),just some like minded people sharing ideas.

I'm with you Jack. They and the guys in it all seem to be stand up guys. with a military structure and christian based system. Go to the web site and check them out.

I believe any able bodied male (and female) in times of need is what makes up a militia. Poorly trained (usually) and arms himself to respond to defend his home, neighbors and community. Hopefully if needed and pressed into service a leader could emerge (hopefully with training) to coalesce around.

In a civil war, King's men desert, or turn their units back upon the royal cause. Volunteers step forward from the most unlikely of places. All are motivated by a common thread -- the burning desire in many human hearts to be free. I say many, not all, because there are some folks who just prefer being slaves.

Yet there are many man and women out there who are preparing to resist. Some are riflemen, some are logistics officers, some are trainers, some are spies, and some are intelligence analysts. Many, many of these are veterans. This is what keeps the more intelligent of our domestic enemies up at night (few they may be) -- they realize that they don't know what they don't know. They don't know how thoroughly they are penetrated now, or will be in the future as people are mobilized by events, by folks who will resist their future grab for absolute power. They do not know how many potential Ned Broy's their own ranks contain.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/01/rattlesnake-versus-copperhead.html

Sipsey Street Irregulars

Edited by TNZ71
Guest forrestcav

that is what is refered to as the unorganized militia. meaning no money, no pay, and possibly no trained officers.

Tennessee state guard is an organized unit under the command of the governor.

1st tn rifles is classified as an unorganized militia.

Good friend of mine met with the Tn State Guard one Saturday. They are NOT allowed to carry a weapon. In the event of being called by the Gov, they are responsible for directing traffic and handing out food. It was stressed they would NOT be allowed to carry a weapon for any reason, even their personal handgun and even if they had a carry permit. Not my idea of a Militia.

Malitias are a great idea, unfortunately many of them allow complete morons to join their ranks.

If you can find one that doesn't participate in illegal activity in one form or another, count your lucky stars. Most have good intentions, but all too often lack the ability to conduct business without breaking some sort of law(s).

I am not oppsed to malitias, and may even consider joining one if I knew they were law-abiding. I have no desire to go to prision for being associated with someone or a group who can't operate in a legal manner.

I think you need to get a better perspective on the militia thing. What you have said is total Bull ****.

No, I served in the Virginia Line under Washington and he had better quality soldiers than you think. We even brought our own rifles when we mustered in.

From what I've seen of the Tennessee Guard I wouldn't trust any of them with a baton, let alone a firearm.