Militia's ??

I think you need to get a better perspective on the militia thing. What you have said is total Bull ****.

Obviously you must have missed the arrests and convictions of several members of several militia groups like West Virginia Mountaineer Militia, Oklahoma Constitutional Militia, Arizona Viper Militia, North American Militia, Washington State Militia, San Joaquin County Militia, Georgia Republic Militia, Twin Cities Free Militia, etc............ The list goes on and on.

Almost all, if not all, of those arrests and convictions were involving illegal weapons and explosivies.

There have been numerous arrests and conviction of militia members who had plans to blow up federal buildings, IRS buildings, and I even recall several militia members being arrested in the mid-late 90's for plans to attack Fort Hood - A F'ING US MILITARY BASE! Not only that, but they planned on carrying out this attack during the Freedom Festival, with tens of thousands in attendance, many of them being our own servicemen/women. IIRC, they were arrested within a day or two (maybe the same day of the planned attack) while camping just miles from Fort Hood.

So, please excuse me for being just a little suspicious of many militia groups.

As I said in my original post, "I am not against militias". But I do think that anyone who has intentions of joining such a group should do plenty of research before getting involved with a particular group.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if there were more militias that didn't have some kind of "agenda". I'd like to have a group that would practice various skills a few times a year and be in contact in case of an emergency whether it be a natural disaster, mainland attack, or government subjugation. I don't want to have meetings to talk about how Obama is Satan's messenger, or how Blacks and Mexicans are ruining White Christian America, or how Muslims are going to blow us all up because they hate our freedom.

I only know of one militia in TN.

1sttnrifles.net

They dont seem to be trouble(so dont get on there trying to start crap),just some like minded people sharing ideas.

I know of this group but not a member. They seem like stand up people who are willing to teach survival skill of all types. Christian based and non racial!!! I would suggest checking out their web site and do some reading and if you have questions, contact them and talk about their beliefs and yours!!!! COOP

• 2 months later...
Guest HvyMtl

My suggestion? Get to know your neighbors. See who are reliable, and own firearms. Loosely organize, in case something happens: House fire, crime, natural disaster, etc.

You know, kinda what they used to have to do before the invention of the automobile...

So, no real need to join a militia...

I've heard of a group called the TN Constitutional Militia. The person I heard about it from probably wouldn't like it if I told you anything about him. I asked him a bit about joining, but since I'm in school to become a cop I didn't look into it further since police can't be part of a militia as far as I know.

I've heard of a group called the TN Constitutional Militia. The person I heard about it from probably wouldn't like it if I told you anything about him. I asked him a bit about joining, but since I'm in school to become a cop I didn't look into it further since police can't be part of a militia as far as I know.

Tennessee Constitutional Militia | 16th. Volunteer Field Force 3rd. Brigade M.E.T.

??

Pretty secretive.

So secret, that there's an application on there and no directions of where to send it. Matter of fact, no contact info whatsoever except for a "guest book" page. Not even an email link.

- OS

I was reading up on some Tennessee militia's and there really does not seem to be much info available online. Anyone know anyone in a militia? I was wondering If these peoe are nut jobs or if there would be any benefit in getting involved with one in for survival?

Feeling it necessary to be in an armed militia for "survival" passes for nutjob imo.

Guest WestTN_reb

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Now, you check most every state constitution in this country, and you will find a similar Militia Act included. This act, like Tennessee's details what is the national militia (National Guard), the organized state militia (TN State Guard), and the unorganized militia (pretty much everyone else with a gun). Therefore, while the actions of some who have formed militias may be illegal, the institution itself is not.

Guest marine77

There is also United States Code that describes what the militia is, and

like was said before, just about all of you, wether you know it or not, are

the militia.