Yet another attempt at intimidation

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Sounds just like the"jack booted Gestapo tactics" reminiscent of the Third Reich, prior to the beginning of WW II. :drama:

He can probably kiss that handgun gone. IMHO :bat:

Crazy stuff. Out of curiosity, in Tennessee, when you are pulled over by LEO and they run your license, does the system show if you have a HCP? I've volunteered that info to LEOs once when I received a speeding ticket and once when I was rear ended, but I figured they knew anyway.

Crazy stuff. Out of curiosity, in Tennessee, when you are pulled over by LEO and they run your license, does the system show if you have a HCP? I've volunteered that info to LEOs once when I received a speeding ticket and once when I was rear ended, but I figured they knew anyway.

You license and HCP numbers are the same and show the same, so yes it does.

Personally... I just don't volunteer any information at all. It is entirely possible to be very polite and courteous, and still not be forthcoming with information. Because, you see, none of that information will be used with your best interests in mind if you are the subject of the encounter... that's simply the job, to gain enough information to make an arrest. Just never lie, and never be belligerent.

In TN, we are required to produce our permit when asked... but there is no requirement to affirm whether or not we are using it at the time (is my understanding of the way the TCA is written).

Traffic stop raises gun rights question, Mayor responds - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana |

"It's a choice of words that Mayor Glover tells KSLA News 12 he does not regret. "I'm perfectly comfortable with the conversation and what I said and and how I said it."

And Shreveport City Attorney Ed Jones says the Mayor wasn't wrong. "I don't think the law ever mentions a 'suspension of rights,' like the mayor said, but what the mayor said was correct, they are suspended at that point. his right to travel down the road he was on certainly had been suspended."

Baillio claims he was profiled because of the stickers on the back of his truck window. One says, "Armed We Are Citizens, Un-Armed We Are Subject!" Another says, "Celebrate Diversity," depicting an array of ammunition.

"They may have played a role," agrees Jones, "but certainly if you have 'This vehicle protected by Smith & Wesson' it's legitimate question: 'Do you have a weapon in the vehicle?'

"Well I answered that question honestly and he...disarmed me," says Baillio in the recorded telephone conversation, to which Glover replies, "Which would be appropriate and proper action, sir."

While Baillio and his supporters clearly feel that this it was inappropriate, Jones says the law does in fact allow an officer to ask for, frisk and even search for weapons within that person's reach in the course of a traffic stop, if he has reason to believe a crime has been or is about to be committed. But this it's not the only instance in which you may not be allowed to exercise your 2nd Amendment right. In fact, there are several instances where your right to bear arms is suspended even if you possess the firearm legally have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, like in an airplane, at a school, and in any federal or municipal building. "

Guest jackdm3

The second part is already at the end of part 1.

Should be required viewing for all members before they get to log in one day.

Rangemaster says the same thing. So I put the atty. phone numbers on the back of my permit. You'll probably go to jail till your bail, but I've learned that since most things don't come out of my mouth the way I want it to, I'd rather take the ride than F my case up.