PLEASE READ ANGRY RANT

I can understand soccer moms not wanting drunken bozos toting guns,but the hcp holders are NOT that!!!when I go to chili's or logans I know there are people carrying unlawfully and that piss me off knowing mine is in my trunk.there's a post here somewhere,where a guy was robed after putting his hg in the trunk only the bg didn't see his wife so she came around the car with her hg....they haven't been back to a alcoholic restaurant since.with me being a wheelchair user I feel vulnerable for the first time in my life.bg's prey on the people that are the easiest.

It is pure bullslit that we cant carry in restaurants,sporting events,and other places that the bg's know THEY will be safe while were left helpless!

I'm writing,and calling the government "idiots" voicing these concerns,and I am voting for the ones that may change these laws.other than that I don't know what else to do.

It's mind boggling that they overlook the 250,000 hcp holders in TN.this is a large vote.why cant we get something done?

I can go on and on but you have heard it before,so I'll nutshell it.

Please write,call,and email these gov idiots,please vote,please tell your friends to do the same,and if you know what else can be done please let us know!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I mean no disrespect, but I would almost think that being in a wheel chair might give you more concealment options that the rest of us could not get away with w/o odd looks. A pack of some sort, for example.

And at the risk of seeming even more disrespectful, which I assure you is not my intent, it is often the natural inclination of people to look away from someone in a chair ("Honey, stop staring!" ... etc.) rather than risk appearing to be rude, so you probably have an even better chance of flying beneath the radar of waitresses, nosy dinner neighbors, etc.

none taken

It's not the case at all.people come to me all the time trying to help me get in my car for instance.when people approach you every where you go like this and insist on giving help where not needed,it's impossible to keep people 25ft away.I don't know if they are good or bad guys!

people do stare so that makes it hard to conceal so I usually just save time by carry open,and that also cuts down on the endless do-gooders getting in my way trying to help:D

Guest Mugster

There's a sale on roasts at kroger's. Buy a crockpot and cook up a big one. Thats what i do, its alot better than eat out food anyway, imo.

I managed to stuff a 9.5 pound turkey in mine for thanksgiving. Cooked it overnight, about 12 hours all told. Now that was some good eating. You don't really carve as much as letting it fall off the bone.

I go to chili's or logans I know there are people carrying unlawfully

How do you know this?

It's mind boggling that they overlook the 250,000 hcp holders in TN.this is a large vote.why cant we get something done?

the total of HCP's in TN is less that 1% of registered voters. I am not sure that qualifies as a large vote. If all HCP holders boycotted on premise eateries I doubt the bottom line in those places would even be effected.

2,739,000 voters as of 2004

(http://www.statemaster.com/graph/gov_200_tot_reg_vot-2004-election-total-registered-voters )

It does not bother me even a little bit to not go to a "on premise" restaurant. There are plenty of other options.

And I know this will not be a popular opinion here but I really could care less about that law.

When I go to chili's or logans I know there are people carrying unlawfully and that piss me off knowing mine is in my trunk.

How do you know this?

Well, because I admit it. Just got back from taking my kids to a restaurant that served beer. I was carrying, and even had a beer myself.

It does not bother me even a little bit to not go to a "on premise" restaurant. There are plenty of other options.

And I know this will not be a popular opinion here but I really could care less about that law.

It doesn't bother me, either. The option I choose is to ignore the law, based on the facts that it is an unjust law, a victimless crime, and I can probably get away with it.

This doesn't mean, however, that I could care less about that law. On the contrary, I care about it very much--and I would like to see it repealed.

Well, because I admit it. Just got back from taking my kids to a restaurant that served beer. I was carrying...

I have myself once

This doesn't mean, however, that I could care less about that law. On the contrary, I care about it very much--and I would like to see it repealed.

Yep...that is why I have been in contact with my Rep in Nashville. Why I look up TN law. Why, through my Rep I have submitted questions to the AG.

But Mike.357 is right in that we make up a very small part of constituants. According to a story done by WBIR in Knoxville, there are 177,881 permit holders in the state. I think that is roughly 3% of the population. But that doesn't mean we have to silent.

But there are also some that feel the way we do even though they may not own a firearm or have a HCP. I have a co-worker like this.

Not to side track the thread, but that is one reason if a business truly wants to ban handguns on their property I want them to post the proper sigh....so all can see that don't support a persons right to defend themselves and patrons can make up their mind whether to do business with that place.

I just got back from a long weekend in E. TN with my lovely wife for our 1yr anniversary... We visited many places, and I was always armed with a full-size pistol (usually concealed). I won't list the places we went, but I certainly place the security of my wife and myself above anything else, whether that means avoiding some places, or being very discreet. We didn't avoid any places though, since we came across no metal detectors...

I've never been patted down for weapons when going to a Chili's or Huey's in the Memphis area. If i want to really follow the law, i can go across the state line into Southaven or Olive Branch, Mississippi where it is legal to carry a handgun in restaurants serving alcohol. Most of the time, i just carry an appropriately sized handgun that conceals well and go about my business.

I will admit one thing nice about living in Arkansas was being able to legally carrry in a restaurant and there is nowhere in the law there that prevents one from drinking while carrying (some people mistakingly think it is unlawful). The problem you have there is when you commit an alcohol related offense (DWI, public intox) while carrying a handgun, then your concealed handgun license is canned by the state police.

Guest Halfpint
In the meantime... deep, deep concealment if you dare.

I'm a BIG fan of this doctrine. Nobody really looks at my feet, so they don't see the S&W J-frame on my ankle. That said, if I carry, I don't drink. If I drink, I don't carry.

And even when I don't carry a gun, Rule 9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

• Administrator
I'm a BIG fan of this doctrine. Nobody really looks at my feet, so they don't see the S&W J-frame on my ankle. That said, if I carry, I don't drink. If I drink, I don't carry.

And even when I don't carry a gun, Rule 9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

I like how you think. It's identical to my own philosophy.

Don't carry and drink. An officer might forgive you for accidentally carrying, but he's less likely to forgive you for that transgression if you're partaking. I've never tested this theory, but I've had more than one pro-carry LEO tell me that this is how he would handle it so long as the transgressor handled the encounter maturely.

I always have a knife.