have i lost my mind....

Parrothead

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question, yep ! Trade, arguably the best subcompact 9 on the market. For a 380, that is almost as heavy, less cap. less powerful round. A single action op.system that in an up close, near panic user situation, you have to rely on muscle- memory to remove the safety before firing. Not to mention how ammo sensitive they are and the fact that they've already had a recall.? Granted they look way cool and feel good in the hand, but come on, way over priced for what you get, don't ya think you are also paying a little more for the "Sig" on the slide? JMO !!! If I really wanted one I'd wait and save up the money for it, maybe in a little while the price will come down some. Again just my opinion, everyone has the right to work out they're own salvation.

thanks for the opinion Ae-35. I ASSUMED (which is always a mistake) that they were lighter than the 26. I like the 26 but when summer comes i will need something smaller for a EDC. I could save up for it by summer without a problem. I didnt know they were ammo sensitive. Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming guys

I see your a NRA member, do you not get American Rifleman? Wiley Capp did an article testing 9 of the most popular 380s. It sure did stir up a lot of furor, because he put a hundred rounds threw them all. ALL but one had FTFs and or FTEs. The only one that didn't was a semi-custom 380 that cost over a grand!! Sure made a lot of people mad. There was a thread on here about it.

We can try fmj and jhp I have plenty of .380 from blue box to white box to corbon,we will try them all. the bonus is the new unfired Gold cup and if we wait until Friday the PS90 5.7 with 50 round mags will be in.

I have only ran about 100 rounds of fmj through the P238. I will bring 100 of each

The ps90 5.7 I will bring at least 1000 maybe 1500 rounds for it. I will pm you tomorrow,there will be a couple other shooting with us.

PM ya tomorrow parrothead

We can try fmj and jhp I have plenty of .380 from blue box to white box to corbon,we will try them all. the bonus is the new unfired Gold cup and if we wait until Friday the PS90 5.7 with 50 round mags will be in.

I have only ran about 100 rounds of fmj through the P238. I will bring 100 of each

The ps90 5.7 I will bring at least 1000 maybe 1500 rounds for it. I will pm you tomorrow,there will be a couple other shooting with us.

PM ya tomorrow parrothead

sounds good to me....Thanks

• Admin Team

I'm interested in your results on the P238. Please do post them. I haven't picked up a P238 yet because frankly my PPS backed up with my MicroEagle usually fit my defensive needs just fine. So, while I don't need one, I do want one.

Let us know how it likes the different ammo. It may speed up my buying one.

I just bought a p238 a few days ago and I love it so far. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet because there isn't .380 to be found. I am hoping to pick up 100 rounds at the gun show this weekend and go shoot it.

Your welcome to join,I may have a buddy from Knoxville comeing up to shoot with us.

I kinda wanna trade my G26 for a P238 :death:

These just look so GOOD...any feedback. Whats the chances i can work out a good trade with a dealer around here. The G26 prob has 500-700 rounds through it

You'd be giving up capacity and power like others have said.

However, I'm with you that the P238's are cool. I don't want to carry one though. I just like them b/c they resemble the 1911 so much.

Keep in mind I am just doing this as a meet and greet,lets shoot some guns.I dont want to trade any of my p238's.If I decide I like the Glock I will go see Tom and Brian at TCGD and pick up one of each of the glocks.After looking at them today I think I can get 10 of them for the price of one good 1911. Just kidding maybe 1.5 1911's

Keep in mind I am just doing this as a meet and greet,lets shoot some guns.I dont want to trade any of my p238's.If I decide I like the Glock I will go see Tom and Brian at TCGD and pick up one of each of the glocks.After looking at them today I think I can get 10 of them for the price of one good 1911. Just kidding maybe 1.5 1911's
Let's see, avg. price 500 x 10 = $5000. You think you got a 5000 dollar 1911 ?

There is a reason to buy the P238, pocket carry, my buddy has one and it disappears. Do you have to give up the G26? They each fill their role. I got lower back problems and can't carry IWB all the time, so I looked at a lot of pocket carry pistols and decided on a 9mm platform. Good luck.

There is a reason to buy the P238, pocket carry, my buddy has one and it disappears. Do you have to give up the G26? They each fill their role. I got lower back problems and can't carry IWB all the time, so I looked at a lot of pocket carry pistols and decided on a 9mm platform. Good luck.

no i can have both....but......come summer, i am afraid i will have a hard time carrying the g26 without printing. I buy guns as tools. I am still a young'n so i cant have everything at once. I try to keep everything practical :)

I'm 5'5", 155lbs and for years I carried the G26 on my avatar with no issues. Should've bought a G19 since I have grip extenders on them but it was bought at a good deal. A good IWB holster should hide everything, unless you wear those trendy tight clothing. I hear ya on the practical part.

no i can have both....but......come summer, i am afraid i will have a hard time carrying the g26 without printing. I buy guns as tools. I am still a young'n so i cant have everything at once. I try to keep everything practical :woohoo:

Dress around the gun and you won't have a problem. It might mean buying some trousers a size bigger and carrying IWB. How committed are you to carry? A good holster that fits the gun and a good gun belt are also essential.

I guarantee you that you would not be able to tell that I am carrying a Hi Power with 2 extra mags and a 442 as a BUG with two reloads when all I am wearing is a T shirt and shorts.

I love my p238 but I really don't think you should trade your Glock. I don't think you will have a hard time concealing your Glock this summer. With the right holster and a t-shirt it would be easy. I keep my p238 in my pocket but unless you plan on wearing cargo shorts it will be fairly noticeable.

The P238 would not eat the Corbon ammo, no problem with the Hornady Cridical defense or all the ball ammo you can put through it.

The trigger must have just needed pulled a few more times,it got better after about 50 rounds.