GPS theft

Tempest455

Sorry, have to rant. I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and noticed the driveway light by the garage was out. I had just put a new bulb in. It actually crossed my mind, "what if someone was messing around".

I go to leave this morning and my GPS was gone. Glove box and console open etc. My fault, I left the car un-locked but I've never had a problem around here.

All they were after was the GPS. I had tools in the trunk, sun glasses on the dash etc. What really pisses me off is, the had the balls to unscrew the light bulb on the garage, which was right next to the car.

I'm still pissed! I'm putting a deer camera in the yard today and see if they come back.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the car had been locked you might have been replacing the window as well. You cant stop a thief.

I had a buddy that had his truck window smashed for the loose change in the ash tray. So he had to replace a window and the ash tray (they took it too) over about 2-3 dollars in change.

If you are going to leave your GPS in your vehicle stuck up on the window you might as well leave a big sign that says "ROB ME." Those things are worth at least $100 and I see people leaving the in plain sight all the time.

Sorry for your loss, I really am, but you gotta take some steps to prevent this stuff.

I'm still pissed! I'm putting a deer camera in the yard today and see if they come back.

You'll have to put out some bait or they might not come back. I hope they don't see it and steal it too. :D

I hate theives.

Guest Drewsett
Fingerprints on light bulb? Criminals are not usually very bright (pun intended), so maybe he didn't wear gloves.

I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find a police dept willing to run prints for a petty theft.

If the car had been locked you might have been replacing the window as well. You cant stop a thief.

I had a buddy that had his truck window smashed for the loose change in the ash tray. So he had to replace a window and the ash tray (they took it too) over about 2-3 dollars in change.

That fool that broke in my Expedition didn't get anything. Just gave me a glass bill. :screwy:

I live in a very nice neighborhood, having said that I have had 2 Garmin GPS units stolen from my car in my driveway along with the chargers and beanbag holder for them. The thing is we have a smart key to our car and apparently some kids figured out the frequency to unlock it. The good part is they lock the car back when done. Both times some very expensive sunglasses in their cases were left untouched. This is my third one and I do not leave it in the car period. Trust me when I say that if I catch someone in the act of breaking in my car they will be dealt with. I have promised my wife that this will be the last unit we buy and the only good thing that has came out of this is that I have the latest and greatest Nuvi at a fraction of the price that I paid for the first. If you leave them in the car, they are not safe!

I recently read an article on the news about some school children (junior high or high school) who were busted with several stolen GPS systems. They are expensive, easy to steal, and bring easy cash.

I'm also in Hendersonville, may I ask what are you are in?

Off Long Hollow, Latimer and then Hunters. I'm certain it was kids. Forgot to mention the first thing I noticed was one of the kids scooters towards the end of the drive. Someone actually rode the scooter.

Brent, no kidding!

Kids and I picked up deer camera and installing outside. :rolleyes:

Should be interesting for you to see all the happenings around your house over the next weeks.

The cool thing is you can post the pics for us all to see.

You never know what you'll catch on those cameras. I got this weird picture on one of mine last September. I think it's a Sasquatch ! It howls too. It yells late at night and sounds like it's saying "Brrroooonnnnkkkerrrr"

ICAM0446.jpg