has anyone seen this? This pisses me off!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's about another 15 minutes on the subject contained on a DVD that I got from the NRA last year. They probably have all of the program posted on their site somewhere.

I've passed the DVD to several and everyone that watches it is in shock.

While the NRA isn't perfect, it's the best we've got at the moment so please join.

Guest faust921

New Orleans has one of the most corrupt police forces in the country. Several years ago they were shooting each other, as some of them were involved in the drug trade. That woman getting beat on, it is amazing that that was allowed to happen in this country. Many of the police along U.S. 10 have been known to confiscate cars in order to get money from their resale for "police department" use including junkets and boondoggles. I heard on NRA news that since that time, over 30 states have passed "Katrina" laws that prohibits gun confication in an emergency.

Police in these situations always use numbers to make their grabs. I guess the moral of the story is to not carry your weapon in an emergency unless you have the numerical superiority to defend against type of abuse.

Guest Ghostrider
I would like to know how many LEOs on this site would enforce this law. Do it or be fired.

This is an interesting question. While NO is way up there in the list of corrupt PDs, I wonder how many LEOs would refuse to take similar instructions from FEMA? I've always worried about them, any emergency and they have all the power, and a truly crappy track record.

As armed as we all are here in TN i'm not sure I can see that happening. If I was LEO I would be scared to death. :down:
I'm betting they were pretty much as armed there as we are here if you did a head count.

With that said, and the force of numbers used for the gun grabs (and yes, if I was a LEO I'd be scared too, but I'd hope I still had a moral compass), I see the right to keep and bear, in the same phrase with "a well organized militia" as making more and more sense. The fathers knew that lots of "armed officers" seizing guns could only be countered by lots of armed citizens in a well organized group.

Really don't mean to sound like a nut job here, as most militias have a really bad name, but it's sure seems logical to me...

The question addressed to cops on internet forums, "Would you take part in gun confiscation?" has to be one of the most asked and most lied to questions out there.

And here is why.

First its asked all the time because its a legitimate question, grounded in a legitimate fear of it actually happening. The fears are not delusional hypotheticals, they are founded in actual documented history.

Now, the lie...

Officers, Local, State and Federal will all calmly and cooly answer that no, they would not take part in such an unconstitutional abuse of power. But I say not so fast...

First any gun grab especially one on a national scale will not happen over night. Obama is not going to wake up one Monday in March and say screw it, suspend habeas corpus and order the law to go door to door seizing guns.

It will be a slow incremental process that like all thing done under color of law will have the appearance of legal, constitutionality.

Your average cop and 99% of all Federal Officers will stand up lock step and march to execute such orders.

Why?

Well, its the law... or it will be at that time, in some form or fashion no matter just how vague the process. Or most likely, in the case of the North Carolina town that just suspended the 2A due to snow (aka emergency event).

Either way the cops will enforce the law and that is exactly what they will be told they are doing. By that time most all of them will believe it too.

And during such "crisis" or "event" whats to say the courts feel the safety of the citizenry as a whole does not out weigh the immediate needs to address any legal relief pro 2A attorneys around the country would surly run to the courts demanding?

The Oath Keepers and a nice start, but for them to work their numbers need to outweigh the numbers of those who don't care. Those who would follow an order such as confiscation.

At the end of the day in such a dire situation, lord only knows how bad it would really be.

What if unemployment was 30%? The economy was 5 times worse than it is today? What if there were NO jobs, NONE to be had if you lost your current one? Think a cop would just quit or stand and be fired for failing to carry out such an order then? They would execute it as soon as they could load up. To, first and fore most "Uphold the law". Then to ensure their own survival and job security and a paycheck.

History is littered with acts committed by government agents that were gross miscarriages of justice and cases of outright crimes against against the very people they were supposed to protect, even war crimes. And they all did so because someone above them told them to do it, it was the law and they had taken an oath to uphold the law and well, you get the picture.

I personally feel that if that order is given, it will be given under color of law and cops all across this country will follow that order. And yes it will be a very bloody day in this country for all involved.

So that is why it is so very important that we elect people we trust to never begin to walk that path to tyranny. As long as our elected officials trust us with our guns, write pro-gun laws the cops will enforce those pro-gun laws.

The moment they pass tyrannical anti-gun confiscation level enforcement, cops will enforce them too...

Guest oldsmobile98

Here is what I take away from that video:

1. "It can't happen in America" is a fantasy. It HAS happened here. Never forget that.

2. In such an disaster, your doors should be locked and your windows should be closed. Do not open the door. If the police come and ask you to give up your guns, let them know (through the door) that you are a peaceable citizen and you are not going to give up your guns.

3. If someone kicks in your door anyway, apply .308 copiously. Law enforcement officers do not kick in peaceable citizens' doors. Jack-booted thugs do.

4. If you are traveling during a disaster, and someone asks you if you are armed, don't answer.

5. Get to know your local law enforcement, and thank them for putting their lives on the line for us every day. And politely let them know that you will respond to confiscation with projectiles.

Which reminds me... I need to do #5.

Thank you, law enforcement officers on TGO! I truly appreciate your adherence to the Constitution and your willingness to risk your lives to maintain the peace!

(Oh, and you should know that I respond to confiscation with projectiles.)

Edited by oldsmobile98

1. "It can't happen in America" is a fantasy. It HAS happened here. Never forget that.

2. In such an disaster, your doors should be locked and your windows should be closed. Do not open the door. If the police come and ask you to give up your guns, let them know (through the door) that you are a peaceable citizen and you are not going to give up your guns.

3. If someone kicks in your door anyway, apply .308 copiously. Law enforcement officers do not kick in peaceable citizens' doors. Jack-booted thugs do.

4. If you are traveling during a disaster, and someone asks you if you are armed, don't answer.

5. Get to know your local law enforcement, and thank them for putting their lives on the line for us every day. And politely let them know that you will respond to confiscation with projectiles.

Thank you, law enforcement officers on TGO! I truly appreciate your adherence to the Constitution and your willingness to risk your lives to maintain the peace!

Serious or not,I cant stop laughing.

Guest oldsmobile98

Serious as a heart attack.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I will be wearing my tin foil hat during an emergency, so any would-be confiscators can forget about using mind control rays on me.

:tinfoil:

Edited by oldsmobile98
I'd just like to point out that this happened under the Bush administration.

Politicians are 99.99% trash. No party is sacred.

So, what's your point? Katrina couldn't wait for Obama to make a mess

of it. What did Bush have to do with it? Local officials like Mayor Ray Nagin

ordered this and the Governor, at the time, who I think is now gone. No

party politician is sacred, but your statement is unreasonable.

Yeah....that statute isn't worth the paper it's written on with several armed officers in your house to confiscate your weapons.

If it is a law, it gives you a good reason to defend yourself in that situation.

Agree, seriously. I would be happy to defend myself against jack-booted

thugs.

I'd just like to point out that this happened under the Bush administration.

Politicians are 99.99% trash. No party is sacred.

Unless you can show that Bush - in all unlikelihood - got involved in State and Local law enforcement's efforts and issued an order for them to confiscate the citizen's guns, this comment is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread.

So, what's your point? Katrina couldn't wait for Obama to make a mess

of it. What did Bush have to do with it? Local officials like Mayor Ray Nagin

ordered this and the Governor, at the time, who I think is now gone. No

party politician is sacred, but your statement is unreasonable.

I think that both are now gone.