Wal-Mart....wtf

Guest clsutton21

Guest clsutton21

So if you read my recent thread: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/35974-need-380-a.html You know that I just bought some ammo at Wal-Mart. The lady asks for ID, so I give her my carry permit because it's easier to get out of my wallet. She says, "No" and looks all upset. "I NEED your driver's license," she said rudely. Come to find out, Wal-Mart doesn't accept carry permits for the purchase of ammunition. :):screwy::D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you read my recent thread: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/35974-need-380-a.html You know that I just bought some ammo at Wal-Mart. The lady asks for ID, so I give her my carry permit because it's easier to get out of my wallet. She says, "No" and looks all upset. "I NEED your driver's license," she said rudely. Come to find out, Wal-Mart doesn't accept carry permits for the purchase of ammunition. :):screwy::D

Honestly, she works at Walmart she might not know what a carry permit is or that its a form of ID issued by the State.

Guest clsutton21
Honestly, she works at Walmart she might not know what a carry permit is or that its a form of ID issued by the State.

She knew what it is, she said that it's in their policy, that she doesn't make the rules.

Guest jackdm3

I was thinking that since Wal-Mart is owned by all of China, I wouldn't be surprised if she responded with "Ahh sohhhh." (I know that's a Japanese phrase, but ...)

Hey... they way I see it.. The cops won't accept your DL as a HCP or a HCP as your DL. So what's the big deal here.

I disagree, actually I got pulled ober for running a stop sign once and didn't have my DL on me. I however had my HCP and he took it.....his exact words were "it has the same numbers on it.....I'll run it". But thatight have been a rare occasion and a rare officer.

I disagree, actually I got pulled ober for running a stop sign once and didn't have my DL on me. I however had my HCP and he took it.....his exact words were "it has the same numbers on it.....I'll run it". But thatight have been a rare occasion and a rare officer.

Even if you don't have your DL,HCP on you they can still run your name and date of birth and see if you have a valid DL.

I dunno, why would you give her your HCP when she asked for a DL?

I think you were trying to impress her.

No one sees the HCP unless I am specifically asked for it by someone authorized to see it. Walmart clerk does not fit that description.

you should have gotten a ticket. :)

Not to hi jack the thread or drift too far, but when filling out the form for a handgun purchase, why is a HCP not accepted as ID verification? Is it not just as good as a DL? Does the law require that a person buying a gun have a valid DL? Not just official proof of state residency such as a HCP? Just asking. :)

Companies like Wal-Mart establish policies to make it easier for their employees to operate their stores, and take away 'judgement calls' from them at the same time. Allowing multiple forms of ID leads to mistakes by employees, takes more time to decide if the ID is legit and should be accepted, and ultimately leaves Wal-Mart open to more liability. 'Simple' works when managing hundreds of thousands of employees.