Mike.357

post count change

how did I lose 70 some odd posts in my count?

I noticed as well others lost posts too.

Just curious what happened, not worried about numbers

how did I lose 70 some odd posts in my count?

I noticed as well others lost posts too.

Just curious what happened, not worried about numbers

Big thread get nuked?

I don't think i have 70 posts in one thread. LOL

but that was the first thing I thought too. Maybe a few threads were cooked.

I was cleaning up a few old Voldemort threads, and apparently one I got rid of completely was linked to several of them. Sorry about that folks, my bad. :leaving:

I thought I saw a notice somewhere that if you started threads purely about post count, that you counter started going backwards.:leaving:

Whenever we do upgrades or compact the database, post count is updated to reflect actual number of posts still in the database.

One board I work on will change your post count to zero if you mention it, as in "1000th post!". Boom, back to zero (for a day or so) just to screw with 'em...

The larger number of posts in the forum database impacts forum operating efficiency.

Would not be surprised that their is some background pruning going on to cut down on HD space requirements.

David is looking for a dedicated server to run the forum on, costs more money, will have better efficiencies and performance.

As for post count, all that is a number in your user profile. On another forum where I have admin priveleges, I bumped up their post count numbers to the millions because we could not stand the post-wh0ring attitudes and penor sword clashes. It was like a persons worth was totally devoted to post count rather than content. ;)

It had the intended effect, within two weeks we had PM's from the miscreants asking us to reset their post count to "1" ! :leaving:

I intend to donate when the bonus check comes in to help David out. :D

Well for the record, we really don't prune old threads out of any forums other than the Trading Post. There are very large vBulletin forums with posts into the multiple millions and as long as the servers are optimized to handle it, it's not a problem. Usually they have separated their SQL servers off to their own dedicated hosts at that point.

Nuke the three word thread, and everyone would be under 1000.:leaving:

Not true!

Wait...

I was cleaning up a few old Voldemort threads, and apparently one I got rid of completely was linked to several of them. Sorry about that folks, my bad. :D

you did it because I was seeing you in my sights :up:

I was cleaning up a few old Voldemort threads, and apparently one I got rid of completely was linked to several of them. Sorry about that folks, my bad. :D
Well for the record, we really don't prune old threads out of any forums other than the Trading Post. ...

Ummm....???

- OS

Why is it necessary to change history?

Very Russian/1984ish, this erasing traces of certain individuals.

- OS

- OS

Trying to reclaim those post eh?:D

Trying to reclaim those post eh?:up:

No, I couldn't care less about post total; if anything, it's a little embarrassing actually, to publicly show how little real life I have. :D

- OS

- OS

It might be one of those behind the scene things we aren't meant to know about.

It is probably a good thing they removed the threads about kwiknru. I was reading another forum the other day and someone referred to Tennessee gun owners as being obsessed with kwik's every move. Also, on another forum someone spoke of a 32 page epic thread there was about him on this site.

Nuke the three word thread, and everyone would be under 1000.:)

Not me! I am proud to say that I don't have even one there!!!:D

It might be one of those behind the scene things we aren't meant to know about.

Well, duh.

It is probably a good thing they removed the threads about kwiknru. I was reading another forum the other day and someone referred to Tennessee gun owners as being obsessed with kwik's every move. Also, on another forum someone spoke of a 32 page epic thread there was about him on this site.

My God! The indignity!

Quick! (or maybe Kwik!) Cover all tracks, deny everything! No truth must be found here!

Are you hoping to be a gummit spook?

- OS