2010 Census

kb4ns

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

kb, you lucky dog! Mine goes into more detail than that.

"How many people were living or staying in this house on April 1, 2010?"

Zero is the only answer I can think of.

"Provide your phone number. We may need to call you if we don't understand an answer."

If you ask me something, provide a box with an option to fill in and I check it, is that not your answer?

Edited by jackdm3

"How many people were living or staying in this house on April 1, 2010?"

Yeah, I caught that, too. That's the gov't for you. Break out that ESP and dig back in the memory bank.:D

I thought it was just the Memphis version that had the "living or staying" wording. Ask half of the fine, upstanding citizens of Memphis where they live and you'll hear "I stays in Memphis".

Guest 270win

I don't like the idea of giving out my phone number, especially with ACORN involved in this census.

Yeah, folks in parts of Memphis don't live somewhere...they STAY somewhere....like they may stay with their baby's momma today...their cousin tomorrow...their momma the next day...you get the picture....the census workers won't get to talk to these folks because they're laid up in bed during the day!

if they want my phone number they can use directory assistance or imagine this, look me up in the phone book.

why do they need to know my race? Aren't we all equal? Are they counting races or residents?

And most of all, what freaking business is it of the gov't if I own, rent or have a mortgage, including home equity loans? This question is total BS.

Guest 270win

HA...I have yet to get one of those census forms in the mail. I'm guessing BO wants to know who all has a mortgage and who all needs 'help' from ACORN to get a mortgage and a house. That is a bunch of garbage and unnecessary to determine how many seats are in Congress.

Guest BigNoise

This is a classic tactic in social research. Research methodologists have long known that in a longitudinal survey (such as the Census), that people simply will not fill out lengthy surveys. And in Social Research (my major) the Census is known to often use outdated methods of conducting research, so my guess....this is the Census Dept. finally waking up and using REALISTIC methods to collect this valuable data.

BTW: Want to see something interesting? Google the fines and penalties associated with not filling out the Census, and/or providing false information.

filled out our today. two things that stood out to me. 1) it was very short. i looked it over three times to make sure i wasn't missing anything, and 2) the part about being required by law to respond. didn't know that part, especially with all the commercials basically begging people to respond.

if they want my phone number they can use directory assistance or imagine this, look me up in the phone book.

why do they need to know my race? Aren't we all equal? Are they counting races or residents?

And most of all, what freaking business is it of the gov't if I own, rent or have a mortgage, including home equity loans? This question is total BS.

Yes we are equal- the answer to this question is "HUMAN".

Guest BEARMAN

And, what's this BS about them using a GPS to document your entry's and exit's on your home?

Anyone heard of this tactic being used, could this be true??? :up:

This crap has already got me... madder than two straight guy's at a Boy George concert!!! :D:mad:

Guest jackdm3

A census worker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti ... slurp slurp slurp slurp."

God, were's a million Hannibals when you need them!