Spot that NFA Violation

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - since it's requiring a login - user posted an SBR or a pistol with a buttstock - take your pick. Looks like a 12" .223 barrel on an Encore with buttstock. ATF really doesn't like that kind of stuff posted for sale. They busted a guy on another forum for posting a VFG with an HK SP89.

Guest The91Bravo

from the ad:

.223 contender description

for sale or trade email or call with trade offers the stock can only be used with a super16 barrel or longer atf rules must use pistol grip with this barrel only on gun to show as a rifle with a 16 or longer barrel

back.gif

violation:-- select --illegal contentwrong categoryspam/inappropriatevery over priced notes:

optional Please provide additional information if you think it is relevant to the violation. Please tell us what you can regarding the legality of this item

PLEASE READ:

Non-Firearms ARE ALLOWED in [trade for firearms]

More than 2 Ads with identical content are considered SPAM. Any other listing that is not a tangible item is junk

Use this carefully. Only mark Ads as over priced if you believe it is extremely unreasonable

4973189.jpg

5072730.jpg

4564842.jpg

7919958.jpg

ad_contact.gif ad_fav.gif ad_seller.gif

7420568.jpg

1139528.jpg

Seller has modified ad to read:

"for sale or trade email or call with trade offers the stock can only be used with a super16 barrel or longer atf rules must use pistol grip with this barrel only on gun to show as a rifle with a 16 or longer barrel"

That likely is a 16" barrel on there, especially if flash hider is on permanently.

Single shot, barrel starts all the way back at the hammer face.

- OS

That likely is a 16" barrel on there, especially if flash hider is on permanently.

Single shot, barrel starts all the way back at the hammer face.

- OS

Well, I don't know if it started out as a pistol or rifle Contender.

If that a pistol Contender, he can't put a stock on it regardless of barrel length.

If rifle, the pistol barrel is in violation.

Well, I don't know if it started out as a pistol or rifle Contender.

If that a pistol Contender, he can't put a stock on it regardless of barrel length.

If rifle, the pistol barrel is in violation.

OIC.

I don't know anything about their models, I assumed it was just a rifle from the git go, looks like could be 16" barrel.

- OS

Guess I was wrong... Looked a little short based on previous experience...

You may be right - I don't know much.

It might be classed as a pistol, and the barrel was added, even if it's 16".

There were six shooters that had buttstock add ons, perfectly legal when they were made, but not now.

- OS

I have all the necessary components to put together a 14" 223 barrel, single shot Contender, with a youth stock. This was to be my young son's deer rifle until he grew into something else, until I learned he and I could both be charged with a felony.:shrug: Stupid ain't a crime, but it ought to be! Why can't we require our law makers to pass some sort of competency test?