Anybody wear Costa Del Mar sunglasses?

I have been thinking about getting a pair of Costas. Just kinda wanted some opinions of what you think about them? Are the 580 lenses worth the extra money? I have 3 pair of Oakleys but have been hearing how glass lenses are so much better so I though I would get a pair and see. The ones I am looking at are the Blackfins with the blue mirror lenses. Either the regular glass or the 580 glass.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_102051____SearchResults

Edited by Jasongar8
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

I got a pair for Christmas this past year, but took them back because the plastic didn't seem to be molded correctly on both earpieces. It made the glasses sit at a funny feeling angle on my face, which drove me crazy. I took them back and tried on another pair, that lo and behold did the exact same thing. I told my wife that I'd just continue to wear the Ray Bans I already had until they were absolutly shot. The one thing I love about Costa though, is the full lifetime warranty, which Ray Ban did not offer. My Ray Bans started chipping the anti reflective coating inside the lens just about a year after I got them, and of course they carry a one year warranty. I won't buy Ray Bans next either!

• Admin Team

I've had a couple of pairs over the years, and tried to like them, but just haven't for multiple small reasons. The primary reason was that after wearing the for several hours the temples were really uncomfortable. They weren't bad, but they weren't great.

I love the Natives I have right now. Like costa, their warranty is lifetime, no questions asked. I have had opportunity to use it, and they not only solved the claim to my satisfaction at the time, but several months later sent me a completely new pair of sunglasses and two pairs of lenses when they came out with an updated model. I surf, bike, shoot and drive in the same sunglasses. Their quality and customer service have made a lifetime customer out of me.

I have Oakley's, Maui Jim, Ray Ban, and a few other brands, in my opinion the Costa Del Mar 580 lens are the absolute best made. I work offshore and the polarization is a big deal to Me, I have Blue lenses and Green lenses 580 models and I like them so much they are all I will ever buy from now on :(

Once you own a pair of Maui Jims you will never own anything else. period. That being said, I have been thinking about getting a less expensive pair for upcoming lake season because I don't want to lose my $250 maui's... among the glasses I'm considering are Costas

Guest Jcochran88

I have a pair of 580's with blue and green lenses. I wouldn't wear anything else. I have used others but for my money theses are the best.

I wear trifocals so,can't help. Son has several pairs he loves. My mom sat on a pair of titanium framed ones and broke lens. Sent in glasses and $20 had a new pair in a couple weeks. Warranty is great if nothing else!