Places to shoot around Antioch??

I've been browsing the forum trying to see if there are any places around Antich to go and shoot. outdoor perferablely, since the indoor ones seem to charge an arm and a leg. I've not shot a single round since moving to Tn and that makes me unhappy. show me the way please :tinfoil:

Edited by mk19
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little bit of a drive, but Owl Hollow is where I go to shoot outdoors. It's on Owl Hollow Rd. in Franklin. I can't remember the specific address, but maybe somebody can help out with that.

This out door range is situated in the rolling hills of Tennessee, south of Franklin, off US 431 at 2795 Owl Hollow Road / Franklin, TN 37064

CHMR

Guest davidz71
This out door range is situated in the rolling hills of Tennessee, south of Franklin, off US 431 at 2795 Owl Hollow Road / Franklin, TN 37064

CHMR

Wow, that brings back old memories. Several of us use to shoot varmint rifles and sight in our deer rifles back in the mid to late 70's. We would go up to the house and talk guns with Charlie Sr. and he always had helpful hints for us. Those were the good ole days.

Stone River seems to be closest but is only open towards the end of the week. CHMR sounds like a great place and is only 30 miles away from me. I'll try and check it out today. Thanks for the input folks :confused:

As far as Antioch goes, I'd shoot anything anywhere in them parts.....:)....;)......:)

That seems to be what a lot of the locals do around here. I dug a .38 bullet out of my roof a couple of years ago. I heard it hit but didn't find it until the next heavy rain when water came thru the ceiling in the kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...
That seems to be what a lot of the locals do around here. I dug a .38 bullet out of my roof a couple of years ago. I heard it hit but didn't find it until the next heavy rain when water came thru the ceiling in the kitchen.

Antioch area is Hermitage sector and we hear the crap going on in that area all the time on our police radios. Car jackings, drive bys, burglary, gang violence, you name it.

Hispanioch.....

:P

Antioch area is Hermitage sector and we hear the crap going on in that area all the time on our police radios. Car jackings, drive bys, burglary, gang violence, you name it.

Hispanioch.....

:P

A lot of Antioch is also in South Precinct. Murfreesboro Rd is the dividing line. I get the crime reports from South. Hickory Hollow area and all of the apartments from Haywood Lane to the Rutherford county line is a war zone. I try not to be out after dark especially in the winter when it gets dark so soon and criminals have more clothes on to hide their weapons.

.357 thru my kitchen wall

EDIT: I was out of town, or you would have seen ME on channel 5

Edited by mikegideon
A lot of Antioch is also in South Precinct. Murfreesboro Rd is the dividing line. I get the crime reports from South. Hickory Hollow area and all of the apartments from Haywood Lane to the Rutherford county line is a war zone. I try not to be out after dark especially in the winter when it gets dark so soon and criminals have more clothes on to hide their weapons.

Correct. M'boro is the dividing line.

Was in a hurry when I typed it. Took the wife to dinner and a movie.....in Mt. Juliet where it is nice and quiet. ;)

in Mt. Juliet where it is nice and quiet. ;)

I got out of LaVergne (Close to Antioch) 3 years ago and Mt Juliet is where I landed. A couple weeks ago News Channel 5 had video of the house next to my old home being raided for drugs.