Traffic stop shootout

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you get the award for the best combination of avatar/user name. :rolleyes:

TY Made the avatar Myself !! It was my "Gamer" Name years ago when I used to play online 1st person shooter games such as Unreal Tournament,Halo,Battlefield, Tribes ETC...

jackdm3

The misspelling was on purpose long story short lost a password to a server and that was my log on name as well and had to change the spelling slightly. and it just stuck .

Between what? I honestly don't know the background argument that is going on.

Are you suggesting that a cop should draw his weapon if he so much as sees a firearm in a holster on a driver's side during a traffic stop? Are you suggesting he should draw if the driver has a firearm in the seat with his hand on it? What are you suggesting?

Of course an officer should take action for his or her own safety. That said, jumping the gun (pun intended) can end in situations like this:

UCF police officer fatally shot by Orlando police - ESPN

I suggest that you read the other thread for entire background. No, I'm not trying to be flippant, but in a nutshell some have suggested that they are NOT going to inform a LEO during a traffic stop, (one of the most dangerous activities that they engage in), that they are legally armed simply because they aren't required by law to do so, and then whine about how the officer reacts should the officer discover the presence of a weapon on his own.

I suggest that you read the other thread for entire background. No, I'm not trying to be flippant, but in a nutshell some have suggested that they are NOT going to inform a LEO during a traffic stop, (one of the most dangerous activities that they engage in), that they are legally armed simply because they aren't required by law to do so, and then whine about how the officer reacts should the officer discover the presence of a weapon on his own.

That is kind of what I was getting at - wasn't sure what 'other thread' you all were discussing. I think I get the crux of the argument now, though. Thanks.