Diamondback 380

Ropin4gold

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CajunKen

I got mine in late Feb, and had intermittent failures to feed and extract, and around 190 rds the Mag started falling out each time I fired it. I sent it back to the Factory and got it back within 1 week. It worked like it's supposed with MagTech and Fiocci ammo, but after about 19 rds I think the trigger spring quit working. It was cocked, so I couldn't disassemble it to take a look. I sent it back to the Factory 1 week ago last Friday, and they promised to send me back a reliable pistol ( either mine, or a new one ). As soon as I get it, I will run a box or 2 of ammo thru it and post the results.

I like the pistol. It looks like a Glock and has some Glock features. If it achieves reliability, it will be a great little pistol.

Guest pusherman

Saw a guy running one at the range today. Looked nice, like a wee glock. He said it had been back the factory already with FTF issues. Today was the 1st time after the return he said he'd fired it. I watched 15 FTF on 6 different clips. That was almost a 40% failure rate...

Said the factory suggested 180 rd breakin. Would suck to have to get a replacement after throwing all the ammo breaking it in. But I think he said they where going to replace it if it still had issues.

Guest ScottD
Saw a guy running one at the range today. Looked nice, like a wee glock. He said it had been back the factory already with FTF issues. Today was the 1st time after the return he said he'd fired it. I watched 15 FTF on 6 different clips. That was almost a 40% failure rate...

Said the factory suggested 180 rd breakin. Would suck to have to get a replacement after throwing all the ammo breaking it in. But I think he said they where going to replace it if it still had issues.

It takes clips? You figure they would have modernized the gun! :D

There are a couple threads here as well as on many of the other forums. I have personal experience with this pistol and I would stay away from it. Way too many issues and the chances of getting a good one right now is slim to none.

This gun looks like a Glock but that seems to be where the similarities end. I thought it had a nice finish and feel to it when I first saw one several months ago. I wouldn't buy any carry gun with these kinds of reliability issues and this thing certainly wouldn't make a range toy. I bought an LCP a little while back and it's had a perfect 100 rd break in period. I've only carried it once or twice, however, as I'm much more accurate and feel far safer with my Glock 26.

I have to admit.. IF they can get the issues resolved, I will buy another. It's the best feeling/shooting polymer 380 on the market today.

And their service, even with most of them going back for repair was absolutly top notch. nothing bad to say about them at all. Everey time I sent mine in I had it back within a week.

I think they will get the DB380 reliable and when that happens I'll pick up another one.

Guest scrod008

I bought one of these with high hopes for it as a pocket gun, but unfortunately it was a bust so to speak. The trigger bar broke the first time on about round 260, sent it back to the factory and they fixed it. When I got the gun back I take it to the range and on about round 210 guess what, trigger bar broke again. :wall: I called Diamondback and told them I either wanted a refund or a new replacement. I sent it back and they rebuilt the entire gun and sent it back.

I never even took it out of the case to fire it when i received it back but instead went straight to my favorite fun store and immediately traded it in on another 1911.:rock:

I liked how the gun shot and was great for the front pocket but after breaking twice I would never trusted it.

Guest CajunKen

Re Post #4: I got my pistol back first thing Mon morn. The repair sheet said that when he disassembled it a piece of plastic ( foreign to the pistol ) fell out from around the sear. He stated he reassembled it and fired 3 Mags thru it without a glitch. I took it out yesterday and fired 75 rds. The only problem I had was a couple of failures to feed the first rd out of the Mag. A friend pointed out that I was pulling the slide back, holding it for a second then letting it go. He suggested forcibly pulling the slide back and letting it go forward with no hesitation. I started doing that and had no further problems.

I don't totally trust it yet, but if it continues to be trouble free I will be very happy with it. It is accurate and very simple to disassemble and clean, and their customer service has been top notch.