Anyone Need Help?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arko

That's good of you trip.

I'm stuck in Bradley county, trying to figure out how to get back to Dickson.

Got a helicopter?

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but I figured it would be worth a shot. Maybe someone knows someone who needs help.

I'm more than willing to help anyway I can too. Unfortunately I don't think I could get to the Nashville area to help. I do have a spare room if someone needs a place to stay though.

Guest Arko

Maybe they have access on phones?

I don't think I'm going to get into Dickson County for a day at least. If anyone near me in Bradley County needs help after we get it here, let me know.

Guest Jcochran88

I am in Dickson, we are like every where else. FLOODED! 13+ inches of rain since Friday. Hwy 48, 70, 46 ,and parts of 47 are shut down in areas. Also interstat e 40 closed from exit 172 to 182. And it is still raining.

Surrounded by water right now in Franklin. I almost took a car to high ground yesterday. It would have been about a mile to walk to it. Glad I didn't as most of the bridges in and out and now closed due to potential structural damage

Guest tntrucker

They say it's coming our way/ east of knoxville/ but right now it's sunny here. I hope everyone makes it through.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Depends on the part of Knoxville you are in... These Meteorologists in Murfreesboro/Nashville are not the brightest I've ever seen... They do a great job, but I've got a pretty good weather background (Pilot) and I'm not a genius, but I can see which way a weather system is moving... at if its moving NNE at 45 MPH and someone says its coming this way (While he points due East), I turn it off.

I'm in Centerville and Hwy 100 to Dickson-Fairview was closed a little while ago.I'm on the side of town that still has power but no water . I heard the generators for water plant are underwater. They detour people off I-40 thru here yesterday now the parkinglots look like a truck stop.

Guest Arko
I'm in Centerville and Hwy 100 to Dickson-Fairview was closed a little while ago.I'm on the side of town that still has power but no water . I heard the generators for water plant are underwater. They detour people off I-40 thru here yesterday now the parkinglots look like a truck stop.

If 40 and 100 are closed, I won't make it back to Dickson. 24, 65 and parts of 70 and 41 are flooded too according to TDOT.

I spent a couple hours this morning moving some friends of a friend out of their soon to be flooded home. We got the important stuff. The rest will have to be replaced. The water rose several feet in the time we were there and I know it will get into the house as the Red River crests.

My good Buddies dog went chasing after a duck a few hours ago and got swept up in the flow of water and sucked into a sewer pipe. We can hear her in there whimpering so we know she is alive. Not much we can do till the flow of water drops to a manageable level so we can drop down for a looksee. Any spelunkers in the group?

Guest Glock23ForMe
My good Buddies dog went chasing after a duck a few hours ago and got swept up in the flow of water and sucked into a sewer pipe. We can hear her in there whimpering so we know she is alive. Not much we can do till the flow of water drops to a manageable level so we can drop down for a looksee. Any spelunkers in the group?

Wow... go to walmart and get some little kid goggles and go on!

Guest Arko

Oh no. That's terrible.

I suppose the local fire Dept is overwhelmed right now and can't help?

Poor doggo.

I live out River Road just at the Davidson Cheatham co line .The water keeps coming up does anyone know when it will crest I have been here for over 30 years never been this bad before.Bill Goodman closed gunshow early today never opened had to park gunshow trailer at wal mart have several hundred pounds of powder and primers in my shed / whse might be wet tomorrow

Good news and happy ending. We were able to fish her out of the drain last night around 10 pm. after the water had receded enough for us to go in. She was cold and hungry but otherwise unharmed.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Good news and happy ending. We were able to fish her out of the drain last night around 10 pm. after the water had receded enough for us to go in. She was cold and hungry but otherwise unharmed.

Awesome...