Why the h3ll's everybody out of gas??!!??

Guest jackdm3

Not directly related, but BP is giving LA, MS, AL, FL $25M each. Seems a mere pittance to me. Maybe it's start-up funding with 100s of M's to come.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not "very easy." It's "incredibly easy." You would think flood-susceptible stations would have seals. But if deep-ocean rigs can't prepare for sudden disconnects, what can we expect on land?

For stations, it's nothing more then a steel cover covering another smaller cap.

A simple rain can get water in the gas.

Add a huge down pour and standing water... :(

Guest db99wj

I don't fill up if I see the tanker truck filling the tanks of a gas station. Always been told that it mixes the water and you get more water in your gas. Don't know if it is true or not.

Guest jackdm3
I don't fill up if I see the tanker truck filling the tanks of a gas station. Always been told that it mixes the water and you get more water in your gas. Don't know if it is true or not.

I've also heard it stirs up sediment when they fill, but I'm sure it's like a straw sucking (when you fuel) from the bottom and sediment can get you on a calm day that way.

Guest db99wj
I've also heard it stirs up sediment when they fill, but I'm sure it's like a straw sucking (when you fuel) from the bottom and sediment can get you on a calm day that way.

Isn't their an inline filter that suppose to keep the sediment out?

Guest jackdm3

I would think they all would, but people frequently talk about getting trash in their tanks. Don't know how it happens, but if I ever got trash in mine, I didn't notice.

Serious about where gas went?

I'm very serious. The entire country didn't flood, and Nashville isn't the only location for fuel suppliers. If suppliers can't handle this, we're screwed if something really bad happens. Same thing with ammo. It's been over a year now, and primers and some types of ammo are still difficult to find. Has our population lost the ability to reason, lead, predict, etc? It's starting to seem like we're living in a third world coutry. I worry that food supplies will be iffy before too long as well.:bored:

Guest Tygarys
Head to your local Taco Bell. You'll have gas in no time... :(

Yea, but what if the Taco Bell is flooded or closed? Then you really have a problem!