Gun in car

Guest Benelli Nova Guy

Guest 270win

There is no law that says a company has to let employees have guns in cars on company property in TN. I believe Kentucky has such a law that you can't get fired for having a gun in your personal car at work.

You are probably not breaking any sort of law by having a gun on you at work or in your car, but are breaking company policy....as in as long as you have a permit you can't go to jail...but if the company finds out they can tell you to leave the property and they'll send you your last check.

If you choose to do so (lots of people do)....don't tell anyone that you carry your gun in your car or on you to work. I'm honestly afraid of leaving a gun in my car anywhere in Memphis because of theft...so I carry it on me...if a gun is stolen out of my car at parking lot...then well...the company finds out because the police will write a report.....it is kind of hard for a gun to be stolen off of me that is concealed on me. I know folks will say get a car safe...Thieves in Memphis will try anything...I know where my gun is at all times when it is on me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EOD Dogs and drug dogs can sniff out whatever they are trained for.

Quick Story.

On my way to Iraq I had to spend some time at Ft. Jackson (see avatar)

Navy guys were there too. One of them had his bomb dog. Obviously he couldn't stay in the open bay barracks with his dog so he got to go to a motel.

Upon checking into his room, the dog alerted near the door, as if explosives were present.

They brought in the EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) guys and they tore the wall apart.

You know what they found?

In building the wall a Ramset was used. A Ramset is basically a .22 shell that sets nails into concrete. They left three empty .22 shells inside the wall and the dog smelled them.

Edited by aquaman67
There was a case a few yrs ago in a central northern state where the employer brought in a dog to sniff cars for guns. The dog found a couple and the employees were fired. They filed suit but I do not recall the background.

EOD Dogs and drug dogs can sniff out whatever they are trained for.
I was actually just looking into this stuff the other night. Here's some stuff to make you think twice...

So yeah, if they bring in the dogs (which has, and does, happen), you're F'ed.

Wow. I really had no idea that dogs could be trained to do that.

I am a Gubmint employee and we are not allowed to have guns on the parking lot. My friends I simply mounted safes in our cars and park on the street near the security shack. It's like having armed guards watching over your secured firearms. Problem solved.

Guest David865

I don't know how close you are to the parkway but all parking lots facing the parkway (right by the sidewalks) are public parking anywhere else is private parking.

and hope they don't have the law out to through the parking lot with a dog

A friend of mine works for Lockheed in Texas and told me several years ago that they had done just that and fired several people, including one of his friends.

It's very simple.

You agree to the search by coming onto THEIR property. They make the rules. If you want to work there, you play by their rules, period.

Just going onto Ft. Campbell, for example, makes you subject to a search any time an MP feels like doing it...

Ft Campbell is a military base and is subject to different rules than say Sea Ray boats.

If they run a dog through most parking lots, I wonder how many will hit on the beer in cars, and the dope in cars. Never saw anyone with a gun on at work..... seen a ton of people come in drunk or high and have booze and drugs in their car and drink on the way home.

Last year several states passed laws telling companies that they could not stop you from having a gun locked in your car while parked in their parking lot. As a result, my company sent out revised firearm policies for those states. There is a bill that has been kicked around for a couple of years in TN to do the same. It has never made it to the floor. Maybe next term it will.

There is a bill that has been kicked around for a couple of years in TN to do the same. It has never made it to the floor. Maybe next term it will.

Let's hope! It's insane to disarm someone on their way to/from work (which is essentially what they are doing).