Obligatory concealed carry holster thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LegalRaptor

Well, I use the Infidel for my G19 most of the time, although I have a Tucker Answer for it, too. Love the Answer, but the Infidel is just so easy to get on/off! For OWB I have a Blackhawk CQC with the SERPA release.

I have a Canute from UBG for my MPc 40 for IWB, and a Comp-Tac FBI Paddle for OWB.

I have a Bladetech for OWB for my MP 40 full size, and a MaxCon VI on order from Gary Brommeland for IWB.

IMG%5D

Guest Phantom6

IWB is uncomfortable for me (it's the love handles or in my case "love rests" thing). I also want to be able to effortlessly reholster with one hand. For my XD (primary), I like the Bianchi # 82 (belt loops) or the Bianchi # 83 (paddle). The leather is quiet as an owl on the presentation and the retention system is instinctual.

For the back-up hardware, I don't like ankel holsters because they make me walk funny(er). The back-up j-frame and/or Beretta Tomcat ride in DeSantis pocket holsters.

• 9 months later...
Guest Boomhower

Currently I am using the Striker I from UBG holsters. I'm not going to say that it is the best quality leather holster, but the workmanship is very durable and satisfying. It is quite comfortable, and the only real complaint that I have is that the very first time I wore it, it bled all over my undergarments and is now missing the tanning oil or whatever is used on the lower portion of the holster. But that was a one time thing, and would not stop me from buying another one, but I want to try other IWB holster's out for my newest purchase.

I also use a Don Hume back pocket holster with a Kel-tec P3AT. It is very concealable, and looks like a slightly larger bi-fold wallet in your back pocket. I love it.

Guest Medic908

pgroup_4166_image_400x600__shadow.gif

pgroup_4166_76_400x600__shadow.jpg

Used with a G27. Surprisingly comfortable (as far as IWB holsters go...) and easy to draw with. Works well with jeans, khakis, shorts...it also allows for tucking of shirt between pants and holster, maximizing concealment.

i have one. havent used it for carry because i dont have my permit. debating on going ahead and getting it (permit i mean). i have put the holster on and do like the adjustability since i like mine canted pretty far forward. it was a little tight on drawing the weapon.

Guest bkelm18

I carry my HK USPc in a Crossbreed IWB. My only complaint is that the belt clips it came with rest the weight of the gun on the waistband of the pants and not the belt, so my pants tend to sag a little.

Guest nj.piney

i have many holsters ,galco,bianchi, safariland. the one i use all the time is a don hume jit belt slide owb. i use one for my s&w 37 and another for a kel tec pf9. they ride

high and tight on my belt, good retention, easy deployment.

Guest Rustyhogleg

This is great info. Thank you for starting this thread, I'm new to this conceal carry a 454 Ruger with 9.5 barrel really doesn't lend it self to being concealed. I have a Glock 33, Would you mind giveing some info about the shirt / what works to conceal? Buying over sized xx. vs lg, find your self wearing a jacket. HOT in Summer time. I have try'ed differnt ways with my IWB always seam to see the print of glock. Any help / sugestions would be greatfull. Thank you

Guest Medic908
This is great info. Thank you for starting this thread, I'm new to this conceal carry a 454 Ruger with 9.5 barrel really doesn't lend it self to being concealed. I have a Glock 33, Would you mind giveing some info about the shirt / what works to conceal? Buying over sized xx. vs lg, find your self wearing a jacket. HOT in Summer time. I have try'ed differnt ways with my IWB always seam to see the print of glock. Any help / sugestions would be greatfull. Thank you

Large, loose t-shirt, or a "polo type" collared shirt, untucked seems to work well for me. Try different positioning - I find wearing mine at the 4 o'clock position seems to minimize printing. If you're really worried about printing, you might want to look into some type of "belly band" or "chest band" type system.

Guest canynracer

get a button down type shirt...works wonders...just remember, if you go too big, it prints more cause the excess seems to hold up on certain parts...

go one size bigger shirt, nice tight belt keeps the handle close to the body..and a button down...you are good to go

Guest Boomhower

I'm kinda hung in between on the cover garment part. I wear a L with comfort, but need an XL for proper coveage with a firearm. However, some XL's are too big and look saggy and droopy on me, but L's are too small for concealment and I have print issues. I only wear button down shirts to church and occasionally to work, but I can't carry at work anyways.

I have a K&D Dakota Defender for my XD (nice! loooong wait) as well as a C-TAC (had to break out the Dremel to get it comfortable), XD gear (never use) and a Don Hume JIT for the occasional OWB.

For the recently purchased Hi-Power, I am temporarily using a Galco Yaqui. I have a Rafters Elephant skin/Alligator band OWB on order.

Similar to this with a darker alligator band.

sP1010394.JPG

My K&D Dakota Defender

IMG_1442.jpg

Guest Halfpint

Mitch Rosen ARG, for my H&K, or a Summer Comfort for my Kimber--though I'll wind up with an ARG for it too. Perfect cant for me, and extremely well concealed and comfortable.

I use an IWB holster that I made out of Kydex. I put pictures here once, but have modified it since, with leather and sturdier clips, somewhat like the C-TAC.

I also use a SmartCarry at times. Sometimes it is in the intended place, and sometimes I put it around my lower chest, under my shirt, with my pistol under my left arm.

I also pocket carry my Glock 26 sometimes, although it is pretty heavy with 11 rounds loaded.

I intend to buy some leather very soon, and will be making my own leather OWB, and maybe IWB.