G-19 or XD 9

Guest HogMan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn

Well, I know "which" one I would get and that would be the XD. Have tried really hard to like the Glock but it just doesn't fit my hand comfortably at all. The XD on the other hand, is like a glove for me which is why I chose it.

I have an XD .40 S&W if you would like to put a few rounds through to see if it fits your liking.

LMK

Guest Verbal Kint

+1 for the XD

I'm not really a fan of Glocks, but I do like the G19 model out of all of them (and would be the one I chose, if I had to carry a Glock). That said, I'd vote for the XD out of the two. It has a more comfortable grip and feel, similar to a 1911 handgun.

I have pretty big hands, that's one reason I'm A Beretta fan. I've held both

the Glock an the XD, favoring the XD. I'll probably look at the two again this week-in and try to decide on one. Thanks again

Guest Steelharp

Something about the M&P's "broken trigger with the snap in the middle" has always bugged me. It just feels like a broken piece of plastic, to me. That's what I personally don't care for.

Something about the M&P's "broken trigger with the snap in the middle" has always bugged me. It just feels like a broken piece of plastic, to me. That's what I personally don't care for.

What do you mean? AS you pull back its loose?

Whatever I have is, of course, what you should get. :confused:

Of course I no longer own either a Glock or an XD.

I'm big these days on handguns that can be cocked, de-cocked, and re-cocked and shoot SA/DA.

But if you have to have a Glock-like gun, I'd go with the XD. Personal choice. I've had both and much preferred the XD. If you learn to re-holster it properly, the grip safety adds a level of additional safety.

Guest Steelharp

Sean, you know, it's got the crack across the middle of the trigger face, horizontal, that is the release for the trigger safety as you pull it. Just makes it feel like the trigger is broken, to me. I'm sure others do not have that conception of it, it's just the way it hits me.

Guest Phantom6

Unlike the Glock, XD Butt has yet to be identified as a health risk by the NIFCAWTBL (National Institute of Folks that Care About the Way Their Backside Looks).:confused:

I chose the XD because of the grip and quite frankly it simply allows me to shoot better than the Glock.

I'm with ya there... I don't like plastic triggers period. My vote would be XD (which has a metal trigger)