no CZ love, what's the deal?

byrnemm

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never fired a CZ pistol. If they are anything close to their rifles, they have to be one of the best ever. I have a CZZ 527 in .223 and that thing is not beautiful but blisteringly accurate. I wish I knew someone with a 9x19 CZ. I'm going to be looking for another 9mm soon and would love to bang with one.

Sent you a PM...you're welcome to shoot mine

Guest Burgan

I heard the nickel CZ-75 isn't actually a nickel plated gun. That it's a polycoat that is silver (nickle) in color. Is this true?

Guest Lester Weevils

Anyone know of any gun shops that actually carry CZs in stock?

Hi Burgan

Dunno if you have an Academy Sports in your area. The Academy Sports store in Chatt, I go in there maybe three or four times per year. USUALLY the times I've been in there they had CZ-75B, and I think have also seen CZ-P01 on occasion but could be mistaken.

I get the impression that Academy stores typically just carry whatever the home office tells em to carry. So maybe CZ's would be at least occasionally found at any of them?

Guest Burgan
I heard the nickel CZ-75 isn't actually a nickel plated gun. That it's a polycoat that is silver (nickle) in color. Is this true?

Nevermind. Scratch that. I just talked to a CZ rep today about their finishes on the CZ-75. It's nice that they come in Stainless (9mm only), Black Polycoat, Nickel Plated, Duo Tone (Polycoat slide & Nickel frame).

I'm might just deal with czcustom.com.

Guest Lester Weevils

I dealt a little with czcustom and they seem great guys. Ordered some assorted parts and a Kadet slide, emailed some questions on Sunday night, they emailed a reply Monday morning. Delivery was quick and all the stuff was as advertised.

My biggest problem perusing the czcustom site is the same as trying to buy a computer from Dell or Apple. After I add up all the features I want, the bottom line price has got pretty big compared to the starting price. The solution of course is to not want so much stuff. :up:

Guest Burgan
My biggest problem perusing the czcustom site is the same as trying to buy a computer from Dell or Apple. After I add up all the features I want, the bottom line price has got pretty big compared to the starting price. The solution of course is to not want so much stuff. :)

Haha, I know the feeling. I was playing around with the add-on features to see how much it would end up being. But I think to start I'll just do a plain stock CZ. Though I was tempted at upgrading the sights, I felt it was not necessary right now.

Haha, I know the feeling. I was playing around with the add-on features to see how much it would end up being. But I think to start I'll just do a plain stock CZ. Though I was tempted at upgrading the sights, I felt it was not necessary right now.

CZ is my favorite, I have 5 of them and to me the stock sights aren't bad.

IMO your money would be MUCH better spent on a custom hammer and a trigger job. Out of the box the trigger is kind of gritty...nothing 500 rounds won't fix, though.

Guest Lester Weevils

If somebody wanted a general-duty gun my fixation wouldn't be the best choice. But I kept trying to talk myself into getting a single-action-only variant of CZ-75 or 85 from czcustoms. The factory stock black single-action-only model is about as cheap as a black CZ-75B and am guessing would have at least as good a single-action trigger as a factory stock CZ-75 or 85, which ain't bad as far as I can tell.

But then there are the custom single-action-only builds with the straight trigger and competition hammer and such. Add a fiber optic front sight, enlarged single-action safety lever and a few more features, pretty soon the price has got a little bigger.

It seemed to me that would be a fun range toy. Probably no worse for cocked'n'locked carry than a 1911, but most likely too much of a special-purpose pistol for a one-and-only first pistol.

Edited by Lester Weevils