Scamed. Now what?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a post on Gun owners club forum. search for 9mm colt commander. 750.00 they have actually reposted the ad!

Told to send 1/2 the money to a verified address.

Signed for by the name provided.

No pistol delivered.

suspected something wrong and contacted Post office.

Post office said they could not do anything for 60 days

Told me the person had signed receipt.

I called house and he said he was not selling a pistol and why did I send him money.

A third person contacted him and said to forward the money to them.

The recepiant said he would mail the check back. That was a week ago.

I think he was part of it. But the trail leads directly to him.

I just need someone to run this down.

But local police says it does not meet their cryteria to investigate.

So that is why I asked who beside the PO and local PD is appropriate to ask.

Using a Postal Money order certainly did not give me the protection I thought it did.

Edited by RASHGUNNER
Guest Jcochran88
Yes we were to use a ffl on my end. It is leagle for an individual to ship to ffl but as I found out it is risky.

Ok I am following you now. This is the reason I only do ftf.

Paypal is the best option these days....Postal or Money Order is out of fashion.
Didn't think a person could pay for guns with paypal.

You can't.

You can disguise what the transaction is for, but if you need to make a claim the facts would have to come out.

Then not only would they not take any action but likely nuke both of your accounts, too.

- OS

I've sold 1 gun with Gun Owners Club and it was FTF. Even FTF I've heard that guys are getting held up so I made the exchange point at a high traffic area. You just can't be too careful these days.

I sure hope that you get this resolved.

Guest coldblackwind

Definitely mail fraud. I had the same thing happen on some car parts, talked to the post office, and they were all ready to fill out the paperwork, and get the ball rolling for me right then and there. I cheated thought, I called his father at his business (where the son had the money order sent, which didn't please his pappy too much) and told him I was fixing to sick the government on his son, got the parts the end of the week, relatively sure he pulled them off his own car and mailed em to me.