i hate making important decisions

fastbs

I'm wanting a full size "holsterable" hand gun in 45 acp.

A 1911 is not an option cause i have an addiction to customize everything i own. That would turn a 1911 into a money pit.

So my brain has been able to narrow it down to:

glock 21sf

springfield xd 45

springfield xdm 45

but then a little voice said "man a 10mm auto would be sweet". So a glock 20sf was added to my list. Now i can't get the 20sf out of my head.:)

I've weighed all the positives and negatives between the calibers:

45 is a little cheaper, plentiful, and really can't go wrong with it.

10mm is well 10mm, i've never had one, can hunt with it i think, can get a 40 conversion barrel.

i already have a g27 that if i got rid of i'ld just get another one so if i got into reloading i could fuel the 10mm cheaper ( i don't think that reason weighs much though). i don't get to shoot much so cost difference in ammo isn't really a huge factor.

I know this isn't really a question that can be answered i just wanted to vent. The wife would just roll her eyes and say no you can't have both.:drama:

making decisions SUCKS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, what you're experiencing is pretty much how I feel all the time. This issue will NOT be solved by just getting one or the other. The choices can easily be narrowed down to just the XDM .45 and the 20sf 10mm though, if that helps ya any. :)

Guest cheez

I have played the 10 mm song in my head several times. Ammo is not only more money but it is VERY hard to come by. If it were as readily available as 45 ammo it would be a no brainer for me. That said I would probably go with the XDm 45. Matter of fact I am about to get one myself and I am a huge Glock fan.

I'm begining to lean back toward 45.

i did check most of my online ammo stops and there seems to be a good selection of 10mm available and i don't think the 10mm caliber will dissappear. Not much 10mm selection in the local shops of course.

:D

Guest rockytop

How about a Kahr PM45? Doesn't have the XD capacity, but it's more easily concealed and "Lowbud" has one for sale in the classifieds for $650. I have dealt with Bill a number of times and he doesn't have anything but good stuff.

How about a Kahr PM45? Doesn't have the XD capacity, but it's more easily concealed and "Lowbud" has one for sale in the classifieds for $650. I have dealt with Bill a number of times and he doesn't have anything but good stuff.

I agree, the PM45 is a nice conceal gun but that's not what i'm after.

My want for this purchase is:

full size

plenty of power

semi auto

reliable

easy to pull apart and clean

easy to find parts for if i ever need them

aftermarket following for upgrades like sights, barrels........

uses:

carry in holster on the farm and in the woods

of course it will add to the home defense collection

i'll have to do a little paper punching with it but i don't get to do that as often as i would like

There's an XD 45 tactical in the forums for sale. $500!

This is what I would buy IF I was in the market for a full size reliable pistol. it has everything you ask for.. Including easy take down and aftermarket parts..

I agree, the PM45 is a nice conceal gun but that's not what i'm after.

My want for this purchase is:

full size

plenty of power

semi auto

reliable

easy to pull apart and clean

easy to find parts for if i ever need them

aftermarket following for upgrades like sights, barrels........

uses:

carry in holster on the farm and in the woods

of course it will add to the home defense collection

i'll have to do a little paper punching with it but i don't get to do that as often as i would like

For all of that, I'd think you should only be trying to decide between the XD45 and the XDM45. I would say go for the XDM45, but I'm not sure about the aftermarket part for that one just yet. I just recently made one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make, and broke down and gave my dad my XD45 for his birthday. I miss it already, but at least it gives me a reason to replace it with an XDM45. On top of that, there are several others I'm wanting really badly here lately. A Sig P226 in .357 Sig, a Ruger Vaquero in .45lc, a Sig P238, and I still need a 1911. I NEED all of these, so I'm trying to make the tough decision of which one to buy first. Worst part about it is, those are all handguns, the list doesn't include the decisions I'm trying to make on long guns right now. :D

i really had glock on my brain. vader.gif

help i'm being pulled the other dark side. ( it's really a coin toss between glock and xd to me)

both the xd and xdm feel great to me. So what your likes and dislikes between xd and xdm?

sFi_boxing.gif

help i'm being pulled the other dark side. ( it's really a coin toss between glock and xd to me)

both the xd and xdm feel great to me. So what your likes and dislikes between xd and xdm?

sFi_boxing.gif

Being a new item.. I wouldn't go with the XDM 45. But that's just me.

Guest cheez

sFi_boxing.gif

XD is clunky to me. I know they are great guns but they just seem clunky like a Ruger.

XDm has the interchangeable back straps. Looks way less clunky than the XD.

XDm has match grade barrel. Cannot say because I have zero experience with either but my thoughts would be that the XDm would be a more accurate gun than the XD.

Guest tbone

Your choices are good ones, if you swing back to the .45..what about the M&P45? Great ergonomics, good prices and a fantastic shooter! Just a thought.

sFi_boxing.gif

I think the XDM is a nice pistol, but not enough to sell my XD and pay the difference. Unlike my 1911s, the XD holds 13 rounds and I don't worry that it may get worn or scratched. The grip safety gives it an advantage over the glocks. I know I'll always have an available supply of 45 acp ammo, as most of my pistols are chambered for it.

Oh! Forget looking at all those other pistols! They are all wannabes. Go ahead. Look at the 1911. You know you want to! Cause you can soup it up! You know you want to go on the customizing kick! Go ahead and give in to the urge. It's easy really! The parts are abundant. People that work on them are plenty. A lot of the stuff you can do yourself! Just look at the satisfaction you can get out of customizing one. Go ahead! :D