Why Pocket Carry Might Not Be the Way You Want to Carry...VIDEO

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am happy to see that she was carrying and that she shot the Bustard,:cool: but it sure didnt look like it slowed him down none and it did seem to take her forever to get at the gun.

If she got it and her permit in response to another shooting maybe now she will get a bigger gun and a real holster.:)

But it does prove again that something is better than nothing.;)

And it makes me miss those drive-thru type convenience stores too.:(

Guest SUNTZU

She DID make the decision to fight before she was in a fight, I'll give her that. She decided to take her protection into her own hands. Notice the man balled up on the floor not even helping barricade the door? More training might help her get her firearm out faster, or at least planning the way you dress for work and keeping it in relation to protecting your life.

Guest grays
She DID make the decision to fight before she was in a fight, I'll give her that. She decided to take her protection into her own hands. Notice the man balled up on the floor not even helping barricade the door? More training might help her get her firearm out faster, or at least planning the way you dress for work and keeping it in relation to protecting your life.
Good point and a good example of sheeple in this video for sure. Three people there and only 1 prepared the others are at the mercy of some crazy person.
Guest jackdm3
Where did you see what caliber she was using?

I've just never seen heavy-duty ammo in something so small. At 28 seconds from the end, it looks like a tiny Kel-Tec. That P3/PT3 something.

Edited by jackdm3
Guest Sgt. Joe
I've just never seen heavy-duty ammo in something so small. At 28 seconds from the end, it looks like a tiny Kel-Tec. That P3/PT3 something.

That's what I was thinking, that or maybe the beloved LCP.

But as Mike said it is hard to tell if he was even hit. He did stop being a threat to her but he sure did not "stop". And yea the man was a weiner, together they may could have held the door closed. Whether he was her hubby or an employee she needs to fiind another.

Definitely looks like a mouse gun to me. The important thing is that she had it, it stopped the threat, and kept her safe. I prefer pocket carry if I have to tuck my shirt in (most of the time) and it's too hot to wear a jacket. I can draw faster from my pocket than I could from and IWB if I'm tucked in. I'm also so skinny that I can't tuck in without printing anyway. I'm always wearing pleated suit pants and sometimes Khakis with deep pockets so I can usually carry the 26 just fine. If it's too big for my particular clothes I have to resort to my LCP.

Well, good for her. I think if I worked there I might be sporting OWB... Unfortunately I have to stay pretty deeply concealed with my job so it is typically an ankle holster or a smart carry. Neither is very fast to deploy

Mark

I'm also so skinny that I can't tuck in without printing anyway.

Hmmm... I have the exact opposite problem. I'm so freakin round these days I can't wear inside the waist w/o printing. I like it when winter is here & I can wear sweaters....

Guest jackdm3

One shot with a nine or a .40 to the abdomen, most guys could get a few hundred feet before passing out. It's doubtful she'd get lucky with a one-shot-drop. I hope we read of his demise in a follow-up story soon.

Guest Boogieman
One shot with a nine or a .40 to the abdomen, most guys could get a few hundred feet before passing out. It's doubtful she'd get lucky with a one-shot-drop. I hope we read of his demise in a follow-up story soon.

+1

I pocket carry my LCP because its easier than strapping on my glock 22. I know that pocket carry may be slower than an IWB holster but if someone has a gun pointed at me, I'll happily hand over my wallet instead of trying to draw on them.

• 4 weeks later...

Im just glad that more people are starting to think of protecting themselves before they have been a victim. Whether they have the biggest or smallest defensive weapon or the slowest or fastest holster, atleast they are deciding not to be a victim and thats a start.

my dad just moved up to elyria from naples florida. ive been trying to get him to get a carry permit for a couple years now. maybe this will help?

either way, its good to see people standing up for themselves and refusing to be a victim.