Another cop displays his small arms expertise

deerslayer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steelharp

OMG! Now we have to watch out for SIG foot, as well as Glock leg! It must be that whole lousy germanic bunch, I tell you! They can't design crap!! :mad:

(Wait a minute. We never blame the gun when a BG shoots somebody, and the libs scream for gun control. Why do so many of us blame Glocks when the handler is stupid?)

OMG! Now we have to watch out for SIG foot, as well as Glock leg! It must be that whole lousy germanic bunch, I tell you! They can't design crap!! :D

(Wait a minute. We never blame the gun when a BG shoots somebody, and the libs scream for gun control. Why do so many of us blame Glocks when the handler is stupid?)

:mad:

I can actually see how this could happen. Violent encounters are dynamic encounters, particularly when they involve highly mobile critters like dogs. Imagine trying to hit a relatively small, fast moving target with a handgun. Now imagine trying to do it when said target is in very close proximity to your lower body. Now imagine trying to perform this task while scared out of your ever-loving mind by an absolutely fearless hyper-aggressive carnivore which would like nothing more than to eat you. Not to hard to see even an accomplished pistolero doing the same thing.

The biggest problem I have with this is the tactics employed by the police unit. Where was the long gun? If the activity was dangerous enough to need 5 officers, it certainly warrants at least 2 of them armed with a shotgun or rifle. A shotgun carried chambered in low-ready would have been much faster into action than a holstered pistol, and probably would have been able to engage the charging dog at a great distance, with a much higher hit potential and terminal effectiveness than any handgun. Handguns have a pretty lousy track record against aggressive dogs... the suckers are hard to hit and even harder to stop. There's also the issue of the jackass that tried to hide behind his dog in the first place... 00 buck works real well on jackasses too... :mad: Just my $1/50

DanO

Hmmm...I wonder what the rest of the story is. Did the cops simply knock on the door to ask a couple questions, or were they there to serve a warrant? They have three suspects in custody as a result, and they had five guys, so I suspect they weren't there to make a simple inquiry. In such a case, wouldn't they have handguns drawn and long guns nearby?

I hope so; we need a good pot stirrer for the new year!

Then lets go. :D

I'd probably end up shooting myself, the dog, and my partner if I were in the same situation!!

Yes, but that’s because you are not an internet warrior that talks about stupid chit like “shot placementâ€, “sight picture†and hits everything they shoot at no matter what the situation. Armed opponent, adrenaline rush? Doesn’t matter to them; they know they would respond with deadly accuracy and surely be the “last Man Standingâ€.

The only problem is that they have never had the experience anywhere except at the range on the 7 yard line with a picture of a guy pointing a gun at them.

Everyone knows that spending 8 hours smoking and joking at the range is far superior training to what cops go through.

:D

leaving.gif