New Wildgame Innovations TrailCams

Guest clutepc

Guest clutepc

Has anyone tried any of the new Trailcams that Wildgame released.

Dicks has this one for $99.00.

ir5d Digital Game Scouting Camera

There seems to be a lot of new Trailcams coming out at lower prices.

I tend to set mine on Public land from time to time so I don't like putting a lot of money into them.

I'm also hunting in IL this year on a family farm and I thinking about picking up a few of these to take up there.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ditchdigger

I'm looking for a new game cam also. This morning was looking at Bass Pro and remembered this thread. They have it for $79.00, but you need to read the reviews. A lot of bad ones. Field and Stream reviewed 3 this month and the Bushnell Trophy was the best of the three. Moultrie game spy i-35, primos truth cam 35. Haven't decided yet, any other suggestions.

I have a Moultrie, but my son has one of the "Wildgame" ones, and it takes AWESOME pictures day and night....they are bright and clear. I think he only give $59.00 for it at Wally World. I'm thinking about buying some!

Guest clutepc

Dicks seems to have a few of the new WildGame models they came out with, Bass Pro only had one or two in the Atlanta Store.

Most of what they had were all the older models they were trying to get rid of.

I was in a Cabela's in St. Louis and they were having a big sale and they had this one on sale for $99.00.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0080229419480a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=moultrie&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0

I should of bought it, I've always heard good things about the Moultrie Cams

I spent a couple of years looking atgme cameras, asking opinions & reading reviews before I bought one. The problem you have is that unless you're prepared to spend a LOT of cash, they're all a bit of a compromise.

You either get good shutter speed, but crap battery life; Good battery life but poor picture quality; good picture quality but no IR...the list goes on.

After a lot of research I figured out 2 things;

1, If you just want a camera to put up for a week before deer season, there is no need to spend more than $70. The Bushnell 'cheapy' cameras that Wally's sell are really good to leave out for a week. After that the batteries will be dead & you'll end up spending so much to replace them regularly, that you could've used the money to buy a better camera....&

2, The only camera under $300 that gives a good mix of battery life, shutter speed, portability, IR, memory capability, day/night compatability & photo quality is the Scoutguard SG550.

These cameras are manufactured in China & sold under a few different names (Wolf Guard, Scout Guard, Keep Guard etc...) and usually retail from around $120 to $170. I found a supplier on EBay that sells them for £129 with free shipping.

Rather than using D cell batteries they use 8 AA batteries & a set of 8 will last a full year! They're small enough to fit in a thigh pocket, weigh virtually nothing, are very discreet, have inbuilt IR & the shutter time, wake-up speed & photo quality are inline with cameras costing 5 or 6 times as much. I was clued in to these cameras by a couple of guys I hunt with (Gene & Barry Wensel) If you know anything about trophy Whitetail hunting, you'll know exactly who these guys are! They generally leave 50 or 60 cameras out, year round & have tried almost everything on the market. They get their cameras on approval for testing from a lot of manufacturers at huge discounts, bu when it coms to outfitting temselves, these are what they use.

I bought 3 last year, all of which have been strapped to trees ever since. All 3 are on their originl batteries & I've downloaded over 3000 pictures from each one. The battery indicators still haven't dropped below 25%!

I can honestly recommend these cameras without a second thought. I know they're a little more than your original idea, but they really are worth the extra.

What you're looking for is this.......

ScoutGuard_SG550_camo_L.jpg

Robtattoo, sounds like a good camera. I've put off getting a camera for a long time because the ones I've always wanted are sky high. I mean if you bought a expensive one theres always the chance that some ahole is gonna steal it. I'm gonna look into this camera. P.S. I remember Gene and Barry Wensel. I used to watch their videos all the time.

I spent a couple of years looking atgme cameras, asking opinions & reading reviews before I bought one. The problem you have is that unless you're prepared to spend a LOT of cash, they're all a bit of a compromise.

You either get good shutter speed, but crap battery life; Good battery life but poor picture quality; good picture quality but no IR...the list goes on.

After a lot of research I figured out 2 things;

1, If you just want a camera to put up for a week before deer season, there is no need to spend more than $70. The Bushnell 'cheapy' cameras that Wally's sell are really good to leave out for a week. After that the batteries will be dead & you'll end up spending so much to replace them regularly, that you could've used the money to buy a better camera....&

2, The only camera under $300 that gives a good mix of battery life, shutter speed, portability, IR, memory capability, day/night compatability & photo quality is the Scoutguard SG550.

These cameras are manufactured in China & sold under a few different names (Wolf Guard, Scout Guard, Keep Guard etc...) and usually retail from around $120 to $170. I found a supplier on EBay that sells them for £129 with free shipping.

Rather than using D cell batteries they use 8 AA batteries & a set of 8 will last a full year! They're small enough to fit in a thigh pocket, weigh virtually nothing, are very discreet, have inbuilt IR & the shutter time, wake-up speed & photo quality are inline with cameras costing 5 or 6 times as much. I was clued in to these cameras by a couple of guys I hunt with (Gene & Barry Wensel) If you know anything about trophy Whitetail hunting, you'll know exactly who these guys are! They generally leave 50 or 60 cameras out, year round & have tried almost everything on the market. They get their cameras on approval for testing from a lot of manufacturers at huge discounts, bu when it coms to outfitting temselves, these are what they use.

I bought 3 last year, all of which have been strapped to trees ever since. All 3 are on their originl batteries & I've downloaded over 3000 pictures from each one. The battery indicators still haven't dropped below 25%!

I can honestly recommend these cameras without a second thought. I know they're a little more than your original idea, but they really are worth the extra.

What you're looking for is this.......

ScoutGuard_SG550_camo_L.jpg

Rob, would you mind posting some pics that you have taken off these cameras, day and night, so we can have an idea of the quality. Thanks

Guest BEARMAN
Rob, would you mind posting some pics that you have taken off these cameras, day and night, so we can have an idea of the quality. Thanks

+1...I'm wanting a new trail cam too, and would love to see what resolution the keep guard

camera's have.FWIW

Guest Ditchdigger

I bought the primos Truth Cam 46 from Bass Pro. Haven't had time to get it outside yet, but got some pretty good pictures of my wife getting ready for work. Wish I would have had it in video mode. Sorry can't post em.

I bought mine from a guy on EBay called 'Stuntcams'

I've just checked their EBay store & y'all are right. All I can think is that he's upped the price :D I only paid $129 for mine:shrug:

Well I have one on order. Can't wait to get it out in the woods. Maybe it will make it here by Friday.

Also, Bass Pro Shops sent me a mailing with Moultrie Game Spy I-35S on sale for 149.99 and a 20.00 discount code. I may pick up one of these too and compare the cameras.