WNOX new format

Which talk show host do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which talk show host do you prefer?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

Neal's show is superior in my mind but, somehow, I usually end up listening to the sports animal so I guess I won't care too much. I can catch Neal online I suppose.

FWIW I used to work at the station and they took complaints seriously. But that was years ago...

Neal's show is superior in my mind but, somehow, I usually end up listening to the sports animal so I guess I won't care too much.

That's what I've been doing lately is switching over to sports. I drive a truck all day and listen to the radio pretty regular so I'm particular to what I like to listen to.

Guest strelcevina

i didn't listen Radio in years.

used to listen phil valentine or dave Ramsey,

now only podcast, ustream or youtube. radio is so Old school

Guest Lester Weevils

I listen to talk radio when job tasks are simple and boring. But radio is too distracting for complex tasks.

In Chattanooga, Boortz is on in the morning simultaneous with Beck, so I toggle between the two, but prefer Boortz.

Phil Valentine is time-shifted in the evening. Valentine is a mellow guy easy listen. Great for an occasional chuckle.

Rush is pretty good at what he does.

Hannity gets on my nerves.

Mark Levin may be the favorite. I just like grumpy old guys like Levin and Boortz.

Mike Gideon alleges most of those talkers don't know nothin and are in it for the money. Maybe so, but Levin seems to take his 'mission' pretty seriously, and seems knowledgable on some topics.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the talkers. I don't expect accurate info or wise insights. Just entertainment.

Alex Jones at prisonplanet.com is good once in awhile. Jones' schtick is paranoid nutcase stuff and he is a world-class expert paranoid nutcase. Anytime I feel deficient in paranoia, Jones is good for a high-dose paranoid booster shot. Jones is another who seems to take his 'mission' seriously!

I only listen to talk radio on Fridays while I run a delivery route. But I liked Boortz better than Beck. If I am not done by the time loudmouth Limbaugh comes on I pretty much turn it off.

Boortz to me seemed like someone who drank no ones KoolAde, he would call all of them out for their screw ups. Where as the rest of them just seem to be on a mission to bash Democrat's.

I listen to talk radio when job tasks are simple and boring. But radio is too distracting for complex tasks.

In Chattanooga, Boortz is on in the morning simultaneous with Beck, so I toggle between the two, but prefer Boortz.

Phil Valentine is time-shifted in the evening. Valentine is a mellow guy easy listen. Great for an occasional chuckle.

Rush is pretty good at what he does.

Hannity gets on my nerves.

Mark Levin may be the favorite. I just like grumpy old guys like Levin and Boortz.

Mike Gideon alleges most of those talkers don't know nothin and are in it for the money. Maybe so, but Levin seems to take his 'mission' pretty seriously, and seems knowledgable on some topics.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the talkers. I don't expect accurate info or wise insights. Just entertainment.

Alex Jones at prisonplanet.com is good once in awhile. Jones' schtick is paranoid nutcase stuff and he is a world-class expert paranoid nutcase. Anytime I feel deficient in paranoia, Jones is good for a high-dose paranoid booster shot. Jones is another who seems to take his 'mission' seriously!

Hang on Lester :doh:... I never said the talk guys don't know nothin'. On the contrary, they usually know better. I said most are in it for the ratings (money). I haven't listened to Valentine much, but he's never turned me off, and I like him personally. Dave ramsey is great. I even use to like Beck, before he lost his mind.

If those guys don't get ratings, they don't eat. Some of them will say anything to boost their ratings, no matter what kinda damage they do in the process.

I have not watched or listened to Beck much but I have not heard talking about Jesus on his TV show but have heard it the both times I have heard him on radio.

Does Fox News not let him talk about his faith?

Boortz to me seemed like someone who drank no ones KoolAde, he would call all of them out for their screw ups. Where as the rest of them just seem to be on a mission to bash Democrat's.

We agree on Boortz but Rush tells the truth also.:D

oldogy

I listen to Boortz on the internet via WSB 750AM Atlanta. I can't pick up 98.7 FM at the office. Single too weak.I believe that Boortz will be back on 100.3 in August. I also read that Mitchael Savage will be on at 12 noon. Rush watch out. :D

Guest Lester Weevils
Hang on Lester :)... I never said the talk guys don't know nothin'. On the contrary, they usually know better. I said most are in it for the ratings (money). I haven't listened to Valentine much, but he's never turned me off, and I like him personally. Dave ramsey is great. I even use to like Beck, before he lost his mind.

If those guys don't get ratings, they don't eat. Some of them will say anything to boost their ratings, no matter what kinda damage they do in the process.

Thanks Mike

It is a good point. The money has to matter somewhat regardless of what biz one is in, unless one is very wealthy and can afford to operate as a charity. Though the more successful talkers ought to be able to operate as a charity by now if that is what they wanted.

A musician has to make music people want to hear, to make a career rather than a hobby. An engineer has to design widgets people will buy, to keep collecting the paycheck.

Maybe the lucky musician just naturally likes the same kind of music that the masses like. So he can be himself and also be successful. If an engineer prefers blue widgets, he is lucky if those are the ones that people want to buy. Otherwise he'd have to "sell out" and make red widgets even if he personally detests red widgets.

Air America might be a network that was genuinely 'on a mission', because they didn't seem to make much money at it, regardless of 'scandalous content' that managed to attract a lot of attention. Supposedly all publicity is good publicity, but it didn't save Air America from multiple bankruptcies.

One might wonder if Air America's problem was talent or content. I found it too boring, but maybe they could have found talent SOMEWHERE that can make the downer message palatable.

Then there is NPR talk which survives on govt and private charity. Can't say for sure whether NPR talk could survive head-to-head against commercial radio, paying the rent with ad sales alone. Some people claim it can't be done, but there's no way to know for sure unless the experiment would be performed. :up:

I guess national-stature Air America or NPR talking heads make good enough money compared to digging ditches, anyway as long as somebody keeps writing paychecks.

Guest 6.8 AR

Talk radio thrives because of the free market system, instead of in spite

of it. Your comparison of Air America and NPR to the others are both

prime examples. People will tune in to what they like. I guess that means

Rush, Beck, Boortz, etc. epitomize the free market system. Nothing

wrong with "Live by the ratings, or Die by the ratings".

I have not watched or listened to Beck much but I have not heard talking about Jesus on his TV show but have heard it the both times I have heard him on radio.

Does Fox News not let him talk about his faith?

Sure. Plenty of faith based slant on his Fox show.

Matter of fact, he just had a whole week of founding fathers/faith based theme, and how the left is now trying to pervert Christianity into political action for new world order and the like.

Newest Beck stuff: he has a chance of going blind. Macular degeneration.

- OS

Guest grimel
I only listen to talk radio on Fridays while I run a delivery route. But I liked Boortz better than Beck. If I am not done by the time loudmouth Limbaugh comes on I pretty much turn it off.

Need to pay more attention. Rush, Hannity, & Levin bash liberals regardless of the letter next to their name.

I can't hardly pick it up eather. Think they made a mistake leaving 100.3.

Glenn

I believe they , Citidal Broadcasting, was leasing 100.3. They own 98.7. Unless they can increase the power of 98.7 it could get interesting. Don't know if the Knoxville can support two FM talk radio stations.

Guest Tygarys
I read in the KNS that Boortz was going to be back on 100.3 starting August 2.

Neal also posted this on his web site:

ATTN: Knoxville listeners. Neal will be back on the air August 2nd on 100.3FM from 10AM-Noon.