More blemished bullets on Midway!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been buying from them for 10 years or so, but I too have had nothing but excellent dealings.

Then you missed the days of the free shipping with every order. I got pizzed off a bit when they quit that. But honestly, I understand.

Then you missed the days of the free shipping with every order. I got pizzed off a bit when they quit that. But honestly, I understand.

They're awesome now. Free shipping with every order would make them awesomer. :)

I wont even complain about shipping costs, I've had excellent service from them over the years. My only issues have been that for some reason if I track their packages the tracking numbers are always stuck saying "Billing Information Received" right up until the day the package gets delivered. I wouldn't really call it an issue with Midway though, but anything I order from others gives detailed information when I track it as soon as the package gets shipped. It's really no big deal since I know I will get it in 2 days after I place the order. The other issue is on backorders, because their estimates on when the items will be in are never even close and you can usually figure on waiting at least six months. That issue is easy enough as well, because I simply don't buy anything if they don't have it in stock anymore. I would rather check the site regularly until I see that something is available, than to keep checking on estimated delivery dates that keep getting pushed further and further out through the year.

OK. I have been buying from Midway but never ammo. So I decided to buy some ammo from them. They kept changing the date on when the ammo would arrive. It was going to take 3 or 4 months to get this ammo. Final they told me that my 45acp target loads would take 10 months to get. This is the same ammo that Walmart sells all day long. So I ordered several hundreds dollars worth of ammo, and all I got was the run around. I never got one round of ammo so I canceled the order from Midway and sent them an e-mail explaining to them that if they are going to advertise ammunition they should be able to deliver, otherwise they should not sell it. Having to wait 10 months for Winchester 45 acp 230gr MC target ammo and then you may or may not get it. That is not good customer service. I have never ordered anything from them since then becuase I have found other on-line stores that will deliver what they say they will. I ain't mad, I ain't a hater. I just don't like BS.

I wont even complain about shipping costs, I've had excellent service from them over the years. My only issues have been that for some reason if I track their packages the tracking numbers are always stuck saying "Billing Information Received" right up until the day the package gets delivered. I wouldn't really call it an issue with Midway though, but anything I order from others gives detailed information when I track it as soon as the package gets shipped. It's really no big deal since I know I will get it in 2 days after I place the order. The other issue is on backorders, because their estimates on when the items will be in are never even close and you can usually figure on waiting at least six months. That issue is easy enough as well, because I simply don't buy anything if they don't have it in stock anymore. I would rather check the site regularly until I see that something is available, than to keep checking on estimated delivery dates that keep getting pushed further and further out through the year.

Their tracking never shows up until it hits the big UPS terminal in Earth City (St. Louis). I have always wondered if they run their own truck to St. Louis. I have never had a late shipment from them.

OK. I have been buying from Midway but never ammo. So I decided to buy some ammo from them. They kept changing the date on when the ammo would arrive. It was going to take 3 or 4 months to get this ammo. Final they told me that my 45acp target loads would take 10 months to get. This is the same ammo that Walmart sells all day long. So I ordered several hundreds dollars worth of ammo, and all I got was the run around. I never got one round of ammo so I canceled the order from Midway and sent them an e-mail explaining to them that if they are going to advertise ammunition they should be able to deliver, otherwise they should not sell it. Having to wait 10 months for Winchester 45 acp 230gr MC target ammo and then you may or may not get it. That is not good customer service. I have never ordered anything from them since then becuase I have found other on-line stores that will deliver what they say they will. I ain't mad, I ain't a hater. I just don't like BS.

I don't order ammo (and most other things) from anybody if it isn't in stock. Back orders are unpredictable. Not trying to make excuses for Midway, but they're the best at so many things, I'm not going to quit using them over the way they handle ammo back orders.

Other than the ammo order Midway has given good service. Of course, other than the fact that my X-girlfriend was cheating on me, she gave me good service too. ;)

To be honest I probably will buy from Midway in the future if they have something <besides ammo> that I want.

I've never ordered ammo from Midway. I can almost always find a better deal elsewhere on the net. But when it comes to other accessories and parts, they have always been top notch. Like with any other company, I have experienced longer than expected delays on backordered items, but that's going to be out of their control, too.

I've never ordered ammo from Midway. I can almost always find a better deal elsewhere on the net. But when it comes to other accessories and parts, they have always been top notch. Like with any other company, I have experienced longer than expected delays on backordered items, but that's going to be out of their control, too.

It's my main toy store for all things gun related. I have bought ammo from them if it was in stock. You're right... not the best prices.

FYI

When Midway offers "UPS Basic," UPS picks up the package and ships it to your local US Post Office. Whenever they get around to it, the Post Office then delivers it. If you want UPS to pick up your stuff and deliver it to your door, tell them you want UPS Ground.

FYI

When Midway offers "UPS Basic," UPS picks up the package and ships it to your local US Post Office. Whenever they get around to it, the Post Office then delivers it. If you want UPS to pick up your stuff and deliver it to your door, tell them you want UPS Ground.

It's cool, I just always wondered why the tracking info never showed up, so now I know. As I said though it has never been an issue because every single order I've placed with them on items that were in stock gets delivered in 2 days without fail. Will Carry, I've ordered ammo from them before with the same 2 day delivery as everything else. Biggest thing I can say is to only order what they have in stock. If you stick to that rule you will never be unsatisfied with them. My warehouse man at work had the same opinion as you after he ordered some backorder items, but as he has now found out the same issue comes up with pretty much every online supply house that he's tried to deal with.