Best Chili in Nashville?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I like White Castle, I like Krystal. I only have Krystal, so Krystal FTW. I would like to have a side by side comparison, and really see, which one is better, I don't remember White Castle being that much, if any, better than Krystal. They are both good to me. Oh, and krystal by the sack full FTW!

I like White Castle, I like Krystal. I only have Krystal, so Krystal FTW. I would like to have a side by side comparison, and really see, which one is better, I don't remember White Castle being that much, if any, better than Krystal. They are both good to me. Oh, and krystal by the sack full FTW!

There's a big difference, but I guess it's like Alabama and Auburn. Different strokes.

BTW... Roll Tide

Guest db99wj
There's a big difference, but I guess it's like Alabama and Auburn. Different strokes.

BTW... Roll Tide

I guess, that's why I would like to do a tasting of both at the same time, next time i'm in Nashville, will have to do that. Last time I had White Castle was the frozen ones you can get here in the grocery store or Sam's.

BTW... Go Vols! :dropjaw: Man i'm glad football season is almost here!!

I guess, that's why I would like to do a tasting of both at the same time, next time i'm in Nashville, will have to do that. Last time I had White Castle was the frozen ones you can get here in the grocery store or Sam's.

Only tried the frozen ones once. They don't work right for me. I ragged on Krystal burgers, but they're not bad. They're just not White Castles. They do less damage to your digestive system too :-)

Guest db99wj
Only tried the frozen ones once. They don't work right for me. I ragged on Krystal burgers, but they're not bad. They're just not White Castles. They do less damage to your digestive system too :-)

If you don't taste them the next day, you're doing it wrong! *BURP*!!!

Only tried the frozen ones once. They don't work right for me. I ragged on Krystal burgers, but they're not bad. They're just not White Castles. They do less damage to your digestive system too

This. Exactly this.

I don't know how Krystal actually prepares their burger, so I will assume it is fried. Where as a White Castle is steamed on onions, not just fried. The little holes in the burger do something to it too, and then they are steamed with the buns before being boxed. Nothing like it. Krystals just always struck me as really small hamburgers, nothing special really. Not saying they are bad but there is no comparison really to White Castles.

Guest db99wj
I don't know how Krystal actually prepares their burger, so I will assume it is fried. Where as a White Castle is steamed on onions, not just fried. The little holes in the burger do something to it too, and then they are steamed with the buns before being boxed. Nothing like it. Krystals just always struck me as really small hamburgers, nothing special really. Not saying they are bad but there is no comparison really to White Castles.

The burgers themselves are fried on a grill, the buns, onions are steamed on the cooked meat, they both do it this way I believe.

The story behind Krystal and White Castle is interesting to me.

Krystal (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

White Castle (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can tell you one thing, after this thread, I will be eating a bunch of Krystals in the next day or so!!:D:yum::dropjaw::drool::D

I dunno about Krystal but they always had a big cover over the burgers on the grill at Whitey's. So they were steamed from start to finish

When we were kids it was a real event to have White Castle's for dinner. It involved a fairly long ride in the car and no one ever complained. Of course that was well before the days of fast food joints every two hundred yards down the main drag.

The only choices for carry out supper really were White Castle, Colonel Sanders or ( to be back on topic) chili. And you could not get chili on Sundays, closed. Dinner out Sunday was the Colonel or Whitey's. Good memories.

Edited by Mike.357

I think the holes are there to keep the burger from warping like a piece of balogna. AFIK, Krystal burgers have them too.

The burgers themselves are fried on a grill, the buns, onions are steamed on the cooked meat, they both do it this way I believe.

The story behind Krystal and White Castle is interesting to me.

Krystal (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

White Castle (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can tell you one thing, after this thread, I will be eating a bunch of Krystals in the next day or so!!:yum::yum::D:drool::drool:

Gonna be sliders for me if I do either.

Guest db99wj

Where they both fail is the lack of Ketchup. Most burger fast food restaurants fail in this. Ketchup is just as important as the meat itself, and pickles. But the lack of ketchup is the biggest problem. :D

I don't know if they fry them on a grill or not, I seem to remember them saying in ads that they were steamed.