SHTF

Garufa

• Moderators
Imagine you live on Broadway in downtown K'ville. Yep, it's kinda like that here. Fortunately, the gunshots I hear around here every weekend are similar to your war of northern aggression, "brother" against "brother".

I may not be the biggest or the baddest, but I'd venture I'm the best armed.

There is a Skyline restaurant within a half mile.

I live in Memphis.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all seem to misunderstand me or I misunderstand TEOTWAWKI. MY understanding is that life as we know it will never be the same, in any remote sense. Think medieval times. Would it not be better for me to off my next door neighbor, who is defenseless, than to have a bunch of marauders come to her house (literally 5 feet from mine) and "play" with her until they kill her, at which point they are too close for my comfort and they have used all of her food and resources which I no longer have access to? You think I would find some type of enjoyment in this situation? It is the end of the frackin world!! I will do what it takes for me and mine to survive. You should come to my neighborhood sometime and see some of the people(?) that live within 200 yards. In this type of scenario it is me against them. I wanna win. There are more than 50 houses within 200 yards of mine. That is a lot of food. Each house has a hot water heater. That is a lot of water. I can survive a long time on those resources. There are no woods or hills for me to take off to. My house is and will always be my castle. I will do whatever I have to do to make sure me and my kind live. If that means I have to go on the offensive, so be it.

Now if you are just talking financial downfall or a tornado or the electric is off or some other inconvenience like that, then there is no threat to my life and the aforementioned tactics are not necessary nor required.

I thought we were talking about the worse case.

So you would kill your neighbor so that her rape and murder don't happen to close to your own home for your peace of mind???

Guest mahahn

Try selling a house here. Although, it is almost to the point that I don't need the equity (HA) of this house to purchase another property. On that day, I walk away from it and leave it for the neighborhood crack-heads.

I wouldn't kill her for my own peace of mind but perhaps for being a thorn in my side for the past 20 years.

The woman is the spawn or perhaps the spouse of satan.

So her death would be my being nice to her.

kinda, the last laugh as it were.

Since she is a goner anyway.

I wouldn't kill her for my own peace of mind but perhaps for being a thorn in my side for the past 20 years.

The woman is the spawn or perhaps the spouse of satan.

So her death would be my being nice to her.

kinda, the last laugh as it were.

Since she is a goner anyway.

Wow.

You have serious issues, man.

Kind of a dumb statement to be making on a gun forum. What would the antis do with it?

it is almost to the point that I don't need the equity (HA) of this house to purchase another property. On that day, I walk away from it and leave it for the neighborhood crack-heads.

Intentionally defaulting on a loan? Sounds like you are a real man of honor as well. Perhaps you've found the wrong forum.

Guest mahahn

Did I say I was defaulting on a loan? You are reading words that aren't there. Better get your eyes checked. House is paid for Einstein. I just need to save a little more cash for the down payment on the next one.

Antis? What is antis?

Wrong forum?

What happened to defending Constitutional rights. I know this forum is all about second amendment rights but by default doesn't that include the whole Constitution and everything it contains. Or is this just a pick and choose only the parts you agree with kind of place?

What happened to defending Constitutional rights. I know this forum is all about second amendment rights but by default doesn't that include the whole Constitution and everything it contains. Or is this just a pick and choose only the parts you agree with kind of place?

So you think murder is a constitutional right?

Talk about 'pick and choose only the parts you agree with kind of place' - physician, heal thyself!

Have you looked for an OGO forum, perhaps?

remember end of the world?

constitution goes right out the window.

we're not there yet.

Ahh, I get it - so inalienable rights aren't really inalienable after all, eh? That's so very progressive of you!

It's the Buckeye Firearms forum and its not nearly as active as this one nor as entertaining.

I'm guessing you'll fit in there better - we tend to view the rights granted by 'our creator' to not be gifts from the government, but actual inalienable rights down here in the south...

Face it, the massive difference between you and most everyone else here is that you're a murderer held only in check by the law of the land, while most here believe that everyone has the right to live as they wish, as long as they don't impinge on another's rights. Huge diff.

Edited by crimsonaudio
Guest mahahn

Well, I've not killed anyone yet.

I am a live and let live kinda guy in the real world.

This whole thread was talking about the un-real world.

In the un-real world there exists un-real possibilities.

see pm

Guest mahahn

I think even our creator allows us to defend ourselves. And if history shows us anything, there have been more deaths in the name of religion than for any other cause.

Ahh, I get it - so inalienable rights aren't really inalienable after all, eh?

I don't mean to take sides here, or condone any particular behavior, but... if worst comes to even worse, and the rules go out the window, you may discover that the only rights you have come from the barrel of a gun, or whatever weapon you're the most familiar and proficient with. What someone else has written, or enforced, previous to that won't mean a thing.

Humans, when it comes right down to it, are just another animal... and far too many will vividly demonstrate that if the right or wrong scenario ever occurs. Count on it, and be prepared to deal with that.

I don't mean to take sides here, or condone any particular behavior, but... if worst comes to even worse, and the rules go out the window, you may discover that the only rights you have come from the barrel of a gun, or whatever weapon you're the most familiar and proficient with. What someone else has written, or enforced, previous to that won't mean a thing.

Humans, when it comes right down to it, are just another animal... and far too many will vividly demonstrate that if the right or wrong scenario ever occurs. Count on it, and be prepared to deal with that.

I agree with you Jamie and I think what we are forced to do during the worst of times is one thing, but openly discussing murdering one's neighbors on a public forum, in a hypothetical or not, is in poor taste.

Face it, the massive difference between you and most everyone else here is that you're a murderer held only in check by the law of the land

There's a lot of people who are only still breathing because the law won't allow me to render them otherwise.

I believe in following the rules, but if those rules change, or simply cease to exist, then I'll quite rapidly become my own "law".

And no, I'm not saying I'll kill without any reason, but I promise I wouldn't waste too much time explaining those reasons to others.

Make of that what you will.

I agree with you Jamie and I think what we are forced to do during the worst of times is one thing, but openly discussing murdering one's neighbors on a public forum, in a hypothetical or not, is in poor taste.

Y'all are branding it as murder, but I'm not entirely convinced that's what he's saying.

I recognize a lot of threats around me that I know for a fact are only held in check by rule of law or fear of reprisals by a larger group.

And in the end, that's what everyone here is discussing, and planning on getting away from... the ones that would suddenly be "off the leash". That's what your "bug-out bag is for, after all? Isn't it? To "step outside the circle", more or less?

Well, what if you have to make an opening first? Or simply can't leave? What do you do then? Just lay down and die because of you moral or ethical objections?

I'll bet you won't.

Edited by Jamie