SHTF

Garufa

Guest mahahn

YouTube - R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I...

I wonder what my kill ratio would be with a PSL and 3200 rounds of 7.62X54R.

Since I live IN the hood I am thinking a fire fight would be a daily occurrence for at least a few days.

Do I wait for the looting gangs or go on the offensive and take out neighbors I don't like and likely suspects first or just work on a good defense?

Your thoughts?

Edited by mahahn
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I live IN the hood I am thinking a fire fight would be a daily occurrence for at least a few days.

Do I wait for the looting gangs or go on the offensive and take out neighbors I don't like and likely suspects first or just work on a good defense?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? I'd rather we discuss real world survival than Red Dawn fantasies where you murder neighbors.

When they get hungry, and their kids have distended bellies from hunger, be ready for a polite knock, if you are lucky with a good neighbor, or to get your door kicked in and them "taking what's theirs" according to how they've been taught by their politicians and the politicians media machine. People will feed themselves and maybe, just maybe, their kids. That goes for the hardcore bastards. The majority of them who will take care of their families will do it one way or another. They've been voting it to themselves and when that furnace is out of fuel they'll go after it by any means necessary. Don't delude yourself thinking it'll never happen in the U.S.A. It has happened all over the world, why not here?

I fully believe it can happen here. My point is planning and being prepared are one thing, but survival is a mindset. It's not about tools

or how much of what you have stored. If an earthquake hits I could lose all my food storage in a second. I'm simply saying that I intend to survive. I will do so by planning as best I can, being as well prepared as possible, and ready to do whatever is necessary. Internet bravado is one thing, but if it comes between my family and "the walking unfortunate" I will exact a violence on anyone that gets in my way beyond comprehension. Whatever is necessary to stay alive and protect my loved ones I'll do.

Hmm, need order more ammo.
. You go bugging out to the woods and it is going to be like ..."hey, Chuck, how are you doing.....got anything to eat?"

Anytime you want to start splitting 500 or 1000 round orders let me know buddy. If we bug out to the woods without a The Road type scenario I'm fairly certain we can feed ourselves. :)

• Moderators

Your thoughts?

TEOTWAWKI, SHTF whatever may come, murder is still murder. If your fantasies involve indiscriminately killing people then I would strongly advise you seek professional help. Also, please stay away from firearms until you get your issues cleared up, kthx.

Guest Lester Weevils
If for some fetched societal failure or Red Dawn type situation....well, I would hope it wouldn't reach me here in the outskirts, but if it did, my neighbors and myself would fend off the the first wave of urban and/or Ruskie zombies. Here where I live, they won't let you in unless you have a closet full of guns and a wife-beater so I think we'll be ok. :)

What about mullets? Last I heard the mullet zone terminus remained south of Atlanta. Just curious if the mullet zone has been expanding north? :)

If I have enough guns, would overalls and a crewcut work? A bay window is bad enough in shorts/baggy T's or overalls. A bay window is unusual visual cruelty in a wife-beater!

What about mullets? Last I heard the mullet zone terminus remained south of Atlanta. Just curious if the mullet zone has been expanding north? :)

If I have enough guns, would overalls and a crewcut work? A bay window is bad enough in shorts/baggy T's or overalls. A bay window is unusual visual cruelty in a wife-beater!

If you have a mullet, and black out a couple of your front teeth, you'll scare most of the townies off without a gun. There are worse things than being shot :)

• Moderators
If you have a mullet, and black out a couple of your front teeth, you'll scare most of the townies off without a gun. There are worse things than being shot :)

so what yer saying is, make sure no one thinks you have a purty mouth?

Plenty of overalls and crew cuts around. No mullets or two toothies though.

If transportation shuts down, I have a horse farm directly across the street. They even have a couple mini-horses if you're low to the ground like me.

Come on over if tshtf. We're good to go here! Just bring your own booze!

TEOTWAWKI, SHTF whatever may come, murder is still murder. If your fantasies involve indiscriminately killing people then I would strongly advise you seek professional help. Also, please stay away from firearms until you get your issues cleared up, kthx.

But...but... but... what if your neighbors really DO need to be killed? :)

Oh, and the doctors say I'm fine.... :lol::devil::death:

But...but... but... what if your neighbors really DO need to be killed? :)

Oh, and the doctors say I'm fine.... :lol::devil::death:

I know of that neighborhood, I am pretty sure some of them need killing. Probably just indiscriminate killing would result in taking out way more people who needed it than did not need it. Not that I am advocating doing this.

If the ballon goes up around here all bets are off.

Guest mahahn

Y'all seem to misunderstand me or I misunderstand TEOTWAWKI. MY understanding is that life as we know it will never be the same, in any remote sense. Think medieval times. Would it not be better for me to off my next door neighbor, who is defenseless, than to have a bunch of marauders come to her house (literally 5 feet from mine) and "play" with her until they kill her, at which point they are too close for my comfort and they have used all of her food and resources which I no longer have access to? You think I would find some type of enjoyment in this situation? It is the end of the frackin world!! I will do what it takes for me and mine to survive. You should come to my neighborhood sometime and see some of the people(?) that live within 200 yards. In this type of scenario it is me against them. I wanna win. There are more than 50 houses within 200 yards of mine. That is a lot of food. Each house has a hot water heater. That is a lot of water. I can survive a long time on those resources. There are no woods or hills for me to take off to. My house is and will always be my castle. I will do whatever I have to do to make sure me and my kind live. If that means I have to go on the offensive, so be it.

Now if you are just talking financial downfall or a tornado or the electric is off or some other inconvenience like that, then there is no threat to my life and the aforementioned tactics are not necessary nor required.

I thought we were talking about the worse case.

Guest mahahn

Oh, and professional help? If you are a professional, I let you come help defend my stuff. I would welcome all the professionals I could find.

You should come to my neighborhood sometime and see some of the people(?) that live within 200 yards. In this type of scenario it is me against them. I wanna win. There are more than 50 houses within 200 yards of mine. That is a lot of food. Each house has a hot water heater. That is a lot of water. I can survive a long time on those resources. There are no woods or hills for me to take off to. My house is and will always be my castle. I will do whatever I have to do to make sure me and my kind live. If that means I have to go on the offensive, so be it.

:)

Good luck with that. You'd probably last about 30 minutes.

Maybe take some advice from others here and actually prepare so you don't have to become a murderer in order to take care of yourself. But I guess that's not as fun as your Dawn of the Dead fantasy...

:)

Good luck with that. You'd probably last about 30 minutes.

Maybe take some advice from others here and actually prepare so you don't have to become a murderer in order to take care of yourself. But I guess that's not as fun as your Dawn of the Dead fantasy...

well notice, he is in Cincinnati, Ohio. In a worse case that place will be a war for the first couple days.

well notice, he is in Cincinnati, Ohio. In a worse case that place will be a war for the first couple days.

Whatever, murder is murder, and unless he's the biggest, baddest dude around it won't take long for a posse of folks to take him out for his 'taking care of his own'.

Guest mahahn

Imagine you live on Broadway in downtown K'ville. Yep, it's kinda like that here. Fortunately, the gunshots I hear around here every weekend are similar to your war of northern aggression, "brother" against "brother".

I may not be the biggest or the baddest, but I'd venture I'm the best armed.

There is a Skyline restaurant within a half mile.