Fall weather

Are you ready for the Fall weather?!  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for the Fall weather?!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My utilities went over $200 last month! I'm ready to see cooler weather. It also gives more options for concealed carry.:squint:

I forgot about that benefit. I get to change from a j-frame to a k-frame when it's cool enough to wear a jacket.

My utilities went over $200 last month!

With MLGW? Do you have a studio apartment? I can't say for sure what mine would have been (I'm on the plan where they average out your costs for the year and you pay the same each month), but I know my folks said their last bill was almost $500. Something about the heat index being over 115 that helps that bill go up.

And D3vo, what do you think of the TN heat? I work with a guy that moved up here from Miami a couple of years ago and he said he just thought he knew what heat was before moving. :cheers:

Guest Glock23ForMe
I would trade every summer day day over 85 for an extra winter day below 40 and be happy. I don't love the cold and the snow. I just can't tolerate the heat.

+100

I'd trade every summer day over 85 for a week of winter below 40 OR a 1/16" of snow. I love snow.

With MLGW? Do you have a studio apartment? I can't say for sure what mine would have been (I'm on the plan where they average out your costs for the year and you pay the same each month), but I know my folks said their last bill was almost $500. Something about the heat index being over 115 that helps that bill go up.

And D3vo, what do you think of the TN heat? I work with a guy that moved up here from Miami a couple of years ago and he said he just thought he knew what heat was before moving. :)

He's right. It's hot here too, but you get time off for good behavior. :censored:

Guest GunTroll

Fall,winter,spring= awesome here in TN

Summer= high heat, higher electric bills, lots of sweating.

Bring on the cold. Winter here in Mid TN is weak compared to other places. WY is the coldest place I have ever lived. And I loved every minute of it!

Guest GunTroll

Snow is weird here I found. It takes very little to make the roads horrible. Must be the moisture content or the warm roads or something. A simple dusting makes treacherous driving.

Guest Glock23ForMe
two inches of snow is more than enough to stop me from getting home or making it to work.

What do you do, ride your bike?

OR... Do you have a really, really steep driveway.

Fall,winter,spring= awesome here in TN

Summer= high heat, higher electric bills, lots of sweating.

Bring on the cold. Winter here in Mid TN is weak compared to other places. WY is the coldest place I have ever lived. And I loved every minute of it!

I love Wyoming all year round. No place like it.

Snow is weird here I found. It takes very little to make the roads horrible. Must be the moisture content or the warm roads or something. A simple dusting makes treacherous driving.

I attribute it to a bunch of dumb asses out driving with no idea what to do when stuff falls out of the sky, no matter what the season.

Mike

What do you do, ride your bike?

OR... Do you have a really, really steep driveway.

I am not a flatlander like you all are. I have no way of getting on or off the ridge I live on without a big hill being involved.

The driveway is a couple hundred yards long and gravel, it is not the problem.

BTW, I have a LOT of poplar available if anyone in the SE area wants it. I own a lot of trees, but don't burn wood. I have 6 trees on the ground now that were dropped in June, but I'm waiting for cooler weather to finish bucking them.

I realize poplar isn't the best firewood*, but it splits easy and it's free.

(* just going for more wood will warm you up)

It's lack of preparation - not much snow removal equipment, lack of salt and spreaders, not much experience driving in snow. A sudden storm slows things down in the north too, but only for a few hours. Hills and snow are always a bad combination.

I never owned a set of chains living in Michigan. The last time I had studded tires on my car was in 1974. That was also the last time I used snow tires. The last time I USED chains was after a 15" snowfall in Augusta GA in 1973.

Guest GunTroll

I see what you guys are saying about inexperienced drivers and lack of equipment but even I find it more difficult to travel in TN snow. Seriously, 1/4 inch on the road in front of my house is comparable to driving in 10 inches or more out west in CO/WY to me. I learned winter driving out there and still have more issues here. Must have something to do with the "warm" roads and higher temp snow bonding to it and then freezing. I don't know but it is harder to drive here in TN (winter) than WY or CO unless were talking drifting snow. Thats the worst! 60mph wind sustained and solid white "air"= white knuckle driving!

I see what you guys are saying about inexperienced drivers and lack of equipment but even I find it more difficult to travel in TN snow. Seriously, 1/4 inch on the road in front of my house is comparable to driving in 10 inches or more out west in CO/WY to me. I learned winter driving out there and still have more issues here. Must have something to do with the "warm" roads and higher temp snow bonding to it and then freezing. I don't know but it is harder to drive here in TN (winter) than WY or CO unless were talking drifting snow. Thats the worst! 60mph wind sustained and solid white "air"= white knuckle driving!

I think you're on to something. As a traffic cop, I can tell you that along with the 6,000 other wrecks we have each year when a quarter of an inch of snow comes, there's always a wreck or two caused by drivers from the north (or other areas accustomed to a lot of snowfall). And they're usually blushing pretty hard.

BTW, I have a LOT of poplar available if anyone in the SE area wants it. I own a lot of trees, but don't burn wood. I have 6 trees on the ground now that were dropped in June, but I'm waiting for cooler weather to finish bucking them.

I realize poplar isn't the best firewood*, but it splits easy and it's free.

(* just going for more wood will warm you up)

Dammit... and me without a truck. :)

( I should add that we don't burn it for heat, but we go through a fair bit of firewood just sitting around outside, with the weather and the mosquitoes will allow. )