I ain't from around here.

Guest chaplain tom

Guest chaplain tom

:death: Hi guys. I ain't no angel, but that's as close as I could get with the smiley face thing as it pertains to who I am. Like I said, I ain't no angel, but I am an ordained minister and I work as a chaplain with Racers for Christ. I'm the track chaplain at one of the largest motorsports facilities in the mid-west. I can't tell you which one because I don't have their permission to use their name on this forum. But it has a NASCAR 1.25 mile oval and an NHRA 1/4 mile dragstrip on the property.

I served in the USN in the last days of the Viet Nam conflict on a river boat. My main duties in the conflict were as a diver/demolitions expert. I won't go into any details, but let's just say I blew up a lot of stuff. On the boat my battle station was on the bow behind the twin .50 cals. I gotta tell ya...you can cut down a lot of very large vegetation with those things.:drool: But I didn't come here to rehash war stories.

I came here because like all of you guys, I'm very concerned about our 2A rights and the slippery slope our nation is on now. I'll be up front about my politics. I can't stand Barfbag Ohammy (the prez.). I don't really trust ANYBODY currently in office in Washington and I have my doubts about most of my state and local elected grifters as well. I'm not affiliated with ANY specific political party...I vote for whoever I feel is lying the least at the moment.:wall: And is most likely to stand up for our Bill of Rights, (ALL OF THEM). I don't have a tinfoil hat, nor do I buy into the latest e-mail spam concerning the latest unfounded gossip.

I own several guns and love everyone of them. I still have my first gun, a Winchester model 370 12 guage, I own a Springfield XD .45, a Remington 870 .20 guage, a Benjamin/Sherridan .22 cal. pellet rifle, and last but certainly not least...I am the proud owner of a Bond Arms Texas Defender .410/.45 which sadly I had to use to defend myself and my wife during an attempted car-jacking. I say sadly, because the BG did not survive. His choice not mine.:D The story is over on TFL, but it's a little hard to find. If you have any questions about the incident, please look over there under General Handgun Discussions in a thread about the Bond Arms derrinngers. The thread is no longer on the front page of that thread, but it is still on the forum so you CAN find it. I know it's a topic some would be interested in and I don't blame them because it does tell the story and at least over there, some were able to learn from it. If you have any curiosity about my experience go there first and if you still have any questions, come back here to TGO and ask me. If I can help anyone because of that incident, I will. Let's just try to respect the BG's family and my own feelings and keep the gore out of any questions.

I have been reading a lot of posts here on TGO and I have enjoyed myself as well as learned some things. I am not from Tennessee, but I have been there many times and I love your beautiful state. I hope to be there many more times before I leave this world.

Chaplain Tom

Edited by chaplain tom
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chaplain tom
Welcome to TGO and come to TN whenever possible!

You can count on it! Most likely I will be coming to Bristol/Kingsport again next year for the NHRA drag race there in "Thunder Valley". Bristol is maybe my favorite dragstrip in the country... except for my home track of course.

Edited by chaplain tom
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Letereat!

Wow! Cool to realize TGO has such a long reach and attracts such Quality grounded folks such as yourself from the midwest. None of us here like (that guy you mentioned before either). We enjoy bashing Piglosi and her pals from time to time as well. She really makes me want to vomit. I have always been transfixed by you old Nam guys. I have an uncle who just died , agent orange and the likes. I guess I always wonder if I would have had what it takes to go through the true hell of war and make it back sane enough to function in society. Ive read sooo many stories of former and current Vets who it just wrecks them. I had no idea till my uncle died the hell he went through with nightmares and stuff, my aunt having to go find him in the middle of the night wandering the neighborhood having flashbacks etc. But I digress, glad to have someone of such highstanding find your way here.