Not only No

Il Duce

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Old dad would climb poles and microwave towers, didn't seem to bother him much. Even after he got pretty old, he'd climb his 2 story steep-roof house + tall chimney to clean the chimney just because he was too cheap to pay somebody.

Even climbing a ladder onto a sloped roof gives me the heebies. Its even worse trying to figure out how to step off a sloped roof and get back on the ladder for a slow trip back down. Not the fast trip down. ;)

A musician friend belonged to the painters union and would pick up a few weeks per year when plants would do their annual maintenance shutdown and hire practically every painter in the union for a week or two. One plant had a bunch of high steel beams that had to be painted every year.

Friend said first time he worked the gig, he was slowly crawling around on the beams, holding on hands and feet, tying off every time he would move. Work was going real slow. The old-timers were casually walking the beams, painting up a storm.

They showed him how to do it-- They told him he would be just as dead if he fell off a 30 foot beam or a 300 foot beam. So anything he could do on the ground, he ought to do way up in the air. Don't worry about it. Just don't fall.

They made him practice walking beams on the ground til he got used to it. The lessons apparently worked for my friend, but its unlikely the lesson would stick for me.

Guest TargetShooter84
Word. I'm in. I've willingly fallen off of something about 10 times as high as this tower. I would tie off though. Money's no good if I slip 20 feet off the ground on the way down and break my neck. :D

Glad you agree with me :D

Guest TargetShooter84
They do not make what you guys think, far less I know a Vessel Captain from Florida who did that for a living, his income now is $950.00 a day and he says it is far more than he was paid to climb and maintain towers

Really? Paid more as Vessel Captain than tower climber?

I would think the tower climbers made good money because I'm sure its hard to find people who are willing to do it.

Really? Paid more as Vessel Captain than tower climber?

I would think the tower climbers made good money because I'm sure its hard to find people who are willing to do it.

TOWER CLIMBER (top)

Mid Atlantic Contracting of Woodbine, MD is looking for Experienced Tower Climbers Needed for Cellular Installations in the Mid Atlantic Region (Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.) to perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of coax & antenna, grounding and erection of towers.

Salary/Wage: $18.00 - $25.00 an hour for full time employees

Telecommunications Relevant Work Experience: 2+ to 5 Years

Knowledge of line sweep and antenna testing with Anritsu or similar device A PLUS! Clean drivers license. Hard Worker who enjoys $$$$. Plenty of Opportunity for overtime! Benefits Include: Health & Dental Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Vacation.

Verification of experience and/or Certification required. We are a DRUG FREE WORK PLACE! Pre-employment Drug Screen and background check is required.

$ 1,000.00 SIGNING BONUS WITH ADDITIONAL BONUS OPPORTUNITY!*

Contact Karen Chandler: Karen@midatlanticcontracting.com

* details will be given to viable candidate

They have NO problem filling these positions, if you have no fear of heights it is just another job

Guest TargetShooter84
TOWER CLIMBER (top)

Mid Atlantic Contracting of Woodbine, MD is looking for Experienced Tower Climbers Needed for Cellular Installations in the Mid Atlantic Region (Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.) to perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of coax & antenna, grounding and erection of towers.

Salary/Wage: $18.00 - $25.00 an hour for full time employees

Telecommunications Relevant Work Experience: 2+ to 5 Years

Knowledge of line sweep and antenna testing with Anritsu or similar device A PLUS! Clean drivers license. Hard Worker who enjoys $$$$. Plenty of Opportunity for overtime! Benefits Include: Health & Dental Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Vacation.

Verification of experience and/or Certification required. We are a DRUG FREE WORK PLACE! Pre-employment Drug Screen and background check is required.

$ 1,000.00 SIGNING BONUS WITH ADDITIONAL BONUS OPPORTUNITY!*

Contact Karen Chandler: Karen@midatlanticcontracting.com

* details will be given to viable candidate

They have NO problem filling these positions, if you have no fear of heights it is just another job

Oh wow, pretty decent way to recruit people....1,000 dollar bonus for signing up.