Pocket Carry Only ...

xRUSTYx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My EDC is a PF9 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. No printing wearing jeans, khakis, cargo shorts, etc. BTW, I also pocket carry in that same holster my Colt New Agent when I want to carry a 45.

I would try getting a good belt, good holster and depending on how your pants fit a new part of pants. I have to buy a size or two bigger than I wear to make an IWB holster fit they way I like it. It took a long time for it to be compfortable for me to carry. I finally found Comp-tac holsters and I love them. I do pocket carry a S&W 638 airwieght in my pocket sometimes though I do have a IWB for it as well.

This is coming from a former LEO and police firearms instructor with lots of experience on the range and carrying firearms. I pocket carry 99% of the time and I carry a Seecamp .32ACP in a front pocket holster for most of it with my S&W 642 .38 revolver on a few occasions. Why would a street wise former cop carry a mouse gun? Because the facts just don't demonstrate the requirement for carrying a cannon for civilian defensive carry. Most homicides are committed with small caliber handguns (with the majority being .38 cal, .25, and .22 - if you are in doubt about the effectiveness of a .22, Google the Trooper Mark Coates shooting). Most of the time, the bad guy can't shoot worth a flip. In virtually all cases of defensive gun use, police and civilian, the distance of the shooting is less than 6 feet. Time and again it has been shown that shot placement is more important than caliber (a .22 at center mass is much more effective than a .45ACP in the arm). And finally, the best gun is the one you always have with you. For me, the chances of needing my CCW is so minute and the conditions would be so up close and personal that I don't feel the need to tote around a larger handgun. When I was a LEO, I typically carried my Sig P229 .40SW and/or a Smith & Wesson 642 with .38 +P rounds, but of course that was a different situation for me. If I ever get the opportunity to return to policing, I will likely resume carrying a larger handgun since cops are under different obligations for engaging bad guys than civilians. I am not critical of those who choose to carry a larger frame firearm at all; it just doesn't fit my needs.

Everyday, everywhere, carry, right front pocket, Kahr MK40 with spare mag in left front pocket. I removed the sights, had the slots filled and a slight groove machined down the top of the slide (Think Seecamp). This is a belly gun, not a target pistol. Yes, it's awkward to get at in the car, yes, it's heavy at first, no, it doesn't print bad. Started this when I was too heavy to use an IWB holster but in last 10 months have lost 40 lbs and 6" on my waist. I am so used to the front pocket that I only IWB rarely. Those who know me know that when I've got my pants on, I've got my gun in them.

When I get my HCP after Christmas(need extra funds) I will be carrying my PT709 in a Desantis Nemisis in my right front pocket .It fits perfectly and does not print badly you can tell something is in my jeans but cant make out a distinguishable shape. I'm sure in my looser fitting dress slacks it will not print at all.

I have carried in my front pocket while wearing shorts. Not too crazy about it. IWB seems to work best for me. And usually I will set my firearm on the seat next to me if I am making a trip in the vehicle with any length to the ride. Mainly because it is more comfortable, but after reading here, it brings to mind the difficulty factor of getting to it while seated with a stearing wheel in front of you. As far as, caliber of carry goes...that is the biggest topic of argument there is. Lets face it. If you have a carry permit, it is to give you a piece of mind you can defend yourself if necessary. If toting a full size Kimber gives you piece of mind, so be it. If its a .22 Deringer, so be it. Point is, a concealed or open firearm is probably the best "insurance" policy most of us have. Amount of coverage on that policy is totally your discretion. Just my .02....

I prefer IWB with both my S&W 642 and my PPS. The PPS is a bit heavy for PC, but I do PC the the 642 in a blackhawk IWB occasionally. The combo works out nicely. If i am just running around town doing errands, then i prefer PC. It makes it easy to stow if i have to run in a post office, bank, etc. I didn't think i would like PCing a revolver, but the 642 is smaller and lighter than i thought. If i were to PC regularly, i would get a LCP or some other small .380.

I always have my 238 in my back pocket. In the pocket holster, it looks like a wallet and have never been asked about it. I don't worry about carrying in places at all because nobody knows I have it. If your worried about the caliber, shoot twice. One .380 should stop anyone. Try the PM9 before you buy, I couldn't stand that trigger. If you use a smooth trigger pull, you never know when it's going to go bang.

Guest blairellis

Traded in the Ruger LCP for a Sig P238. MUCH better shooting gun. Easier to shoot and feels WAY more solid too. I'll definitely be keeping this one.

P238-SE-Rosewood-detail.jpg

Traded in the Ruger LCP for a Sig P238. MUCH better shooting gun. Easier to shoot and feels WAY more solid too. I'll definitely be keeping this one.

WELCOME to the P238 Club :( Its what I carry in my pocket daily!

Yep. I carry my Sig P238 equinox in a DM Bullard pocket holster too, but i got the one that converts from back pocket to front pocket. I didn't see the point in the mag holster because it doesn't hold it in place.

yeah ... i saw those too .... I figure the one i ordered should do the job of the back pocket too IF need be :poop: Not a fan of wallets either way (i end up taking mine out when I sit down, etc...) but don't take my 238 out of my front pocket at all when sitting.