Memphis "Call To Arms" October Meet at MSSA?

Guest jackdm3

Guest FroggyOne2

Now why is that? He violated forum rules.

I didn't see anything that he posted that was out of the way! That's nice.

MM.. did he say something to you in a private message.. where it should be? Nope. I haven't had any communications with him, other than general public banter on the forums, since the last Memphis meet.

Did you ban him because of that? Why would you ASSUME that I banned him? Nothing points to that conclusion. I just let the Memphis members know what was going on since Jack was the guy that "organized" our monthly meets. Is this a Shoot the messenger type scenario?

I don't assume anything.. just inquireing minds wanting know.. don't get sensitive about it.. just asking.. and someone sent me a private message about something was said somewhere else that got him banned here.. ok.. now I understand.. thank you all for your imput.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can alwasy get your point across without screaming or trying to make someone feel stupid.

Exactly. I don't deny stepping on the line. I was just taken aback at the way it was handled. It was so out of line, I thought the guy was joking at first. Nobody's momma raised them to act the way he did in public. I know that if I treated folks that way at work, my days would be numbered, and rightfully so.

I bet that all of them don't do it like that do they.. or was it that it took some screaming to get the point accross?

I'm sure there have been some situations that have required that with others in the past, but is there no sort of continuum? We jump straight to screaming at people we don't know from Adam?

And Capbyrd, I hope there are some changes coming. Until there are, there's not a chance of me joining.

To add another funny story- The city pays for our officers who carry patrol rifles to use MSSA's range for their long distance qualifications since our range isn't long enough. One of them was headed out there one day in his personal vehicle since he was off when the qualification was scheduled. One of the RO's (met the description of the one I ran into) had one of the cheap sports radar guns (like the ones that you use in baseball) and proceeded to jump his butt about going 3 (yes THREE) mph over the posted speed limit on the MSSA driveway. He was informed of which orifice he could place his handy dandy radar gun in, and I believe the officer actually offered to help him put it there. I don't know who the RO is (my wife's step dad might know his name), but I think it's time for him to go...

• Administrator
Now why is that?.. I didn't see anything that he posted that was out of the way! MM.. did he say something to you in a private message.. where it should be? Did you ban him because of that?

I'm not sure why you feel that you are owed an answer to any of these questions. The decisions made by staff members on this site, while not always perfect, are not for public debate. Members are always welcome to contact a moderator or myself if they feel that a matter needs a second look. As you indicated, some things are best handled privately. Things like your post.