Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I guess too many people get their ideas of what military life is like from watching "The Unit" and "Army Wives", and don't understand how little some things really matter, or how much some others really do.

And no, I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, only that I can see how easily misconceptions on the subject can come about.

Guest clsutton21
Well again I would say we have a difference of opinion. There is no proof you know the Bible better than me good sir so you may want to reevaluate your statement. And again I said it was my understanding. However you seem to assert you are absolutely correct :poop: Thats risky business my friend.

I do know the Bible better than you. I'm not the one going around referencing it incorrectly. Between this and the shower statements; I'd say you are just about ignorant.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
I do know the Bible better than you. I'm not the one going around referencing it incorrectly. Between this and the shower statements; I'd say you are just about ignorant.

I wonder why we have so many different denominations of the Christian faith? It is likely the result that different people have different interpretations of what the Bible actually says we should do. I present mine as an opinion yet you present yours as fact...

I will attempt to clarify my statement to see if this relieves the misunderstanding. Yes any sin can get you sent to hell if you refuse to repent from it from the worst to the least. However I believe the Bible does show that certain sins anger God more than others (blasphemy, homosexuality, etc).

If this doesnt resolve it then I guess we will just disagree. However I will say that your assertions that you affirmatively know more about the Bible than I do and my overall level of intelligence based on just your observations from this thread is less than intelligent.

Guest clsutton21
Yes I brought it up in here not to try and make people think I am better to them but rather to let people know I am not a 22 high school dropout just running my mouth.

Again I never intended to assert I am smarter that the other members of this site and if it was taken that way then again I am sorry.

And what is wrong with being a dropout? My granddad left high school when he was 17 and joined the navy, then when to Cuba during the Missile Crisis. I can guarantee you that he is a lot smarter than you. What's wrong with you anyway? You obviously think you are better than someone since you said "I am not a 22 high school dropout". That statement alone makes it sound like you think your law school makes you better than someone else, a dropout.

Plus, being in law school doesn't make you smart. You lack logic, which you will need. And you lack the intelligence that you need to pay attention to direct testimony.(i.e. from members of this board that know what they are talking about). The only thing that you have shown here is that you have a stupid, stubborn attitude; that's the only thing you have going for you law-wise.

Yea man, you were law school student name dropping.

Exactly. And this isn't even a great feat, it's not that hard to get into law school...

Y'all better leave the religious stuff alone, before one'a you earns a vacation and causes the thread to disappear...

Believe me, I enjoy taking the religious types to school as much as anybody, but this is no longer the place for it.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
And what is wrong with being a dropout? My granddad left high school when he was 17 and joined the navy, then when to Cuba during the Missile Crisis. I can guarantee you that he is a lot smarter than you. What's wrong with you anyway? You obviously think you are better than someone since you said "I am not a 22 high school dropout". That statement alone makes it sound like you think your law school makes you better than someone else, a dropout.

Plus, being in law school doesn't make you smart. You lack logic, which you will need. And you lack the intelligence that you need to pay attention to direct testimony.(i.e. from members of this board that know what they are talking about). The only thing that you have shown here is that you have a stupid, stubborn attitude; that's the only thing you have going for you law-wise.

Exactly. And this isn't even a great feat, it's not that hard to get into law school...

Again your coming up with a complete conclusion of my fitness as a potential lawyer based on just your observations of this thread is somewhat sad. You know nothing about my academic history, performance, the opinions of my professors and employers yet you think you can judge my likeliness of success.

And no there is nothing wrong with a high school drop out who puts the life to good use. I thank your grandfather for his service and meant no offense to your grandfather or others like him.

On the ease of getting in to and completing law school...I think I may borrow from Jamie suggesting that I join the military and say "If its so easy why not give it a try yourself" :poop:

Oh, are we measuring dicks now? Seems appropriate, somehow... :poop:

Anyway, I'll play:

I quit school when I was 17, and joined the Army. Since then, I've gotten a GED, a degree as a Mech. Draftsman/Designer, been a LEO, and, according to the various tests that Uncle Sam and the state of Tn subjected me to, have an I.Q. higher than anybody ever believes when I tell 'em.

So... Did I win anything? :D

ETA - I forgot to add that I have a crap-load of informal medical and psychological training too, as well as a fair bit of legal training.

( Sorry... wanted to be sure that extra 1/4 inch was counted. :) )

Edited by Jamie
Guest clsutton21
I wonder why we have so many different denominations of the Christian faith? It is likely the result that different people have different interpretations of what the Bible actually says we should do. I present mine as an opinion yet you present yours as fact...

I will attempt to clarify my statement to see if this relieves the misunderstanding. Yes any sin can get you sent to hell if you refuse to repent from it from the worst to the least. However I believe the Bible does show that certain sins anger God more than others (blasphemy, homosexuality, etc).

If this doesnt resolve it then I guess we will just disagree. However I will say that your assertions that you affirmatively know more about the Bible than I do and my overall level of intelligence based on just your observations from this thread is less than intelligent.

lol. Show me something intelligent and I'll think otherwise.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Y'all better leave the religious stuff alone, before one'a you earns a vacation and causes the thread to disappear...

Believe me, I enjoy taking the religious types to school as much as anybody, but this is no longer the place for it.

I agree. I am not here to start a religious war and have tried to avoid using religious-based arguments to support my position. I merely intended to clarify the "sin is a sin" is not a universally held tenant among Christians. Apparently Mr. Sutton disagrees. Lets move on.

Guest clsutton21
Again your coming up with a complete conclusion of my fitness as a potential lawyer based on just your observations of this thread is somewhat sad. You know nothing about my academic history, performance, the opinions of my professors and employers yet you think you can judge my likeliness of success.

And no there is nothing wrong with a high school drop out who puts the life to good use. I thank your grandfather for his service and meant no offense to your grandfather or others like him.

On the ease of getting in to and completing law school...I think I may borrow from Jamie suggesting that I join the military and say "If its so easy why not give it a try yourself" :poop:

There are far greater things in life than becoming a lawyer. It is easy and that's why I won't do it, I like a challenge.

Another point, why are you winking at me? I thought you didn't like showers with men...I'm not that way, no matter how much of a star lawyer you are.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Oh, are we measuring dicks now? Seems appropriate, somehow... :poop:

Anyway, I'll play:

I quit school when I was 17, and joined the Army. Since then, I've gotten a GED, a degree as a Mech. Draftsman/Designer, been a LEO, and, according to the various tests that Uncle Sam and the state of Tn subjected me to, have an I.Q. higher than anybody ever believes when I tell 'em.

So... Did I win anything? :D

ETA - I forgot to add that I have a crap-load of informal medical and psychological training too, as well as a fair bit of legal training.

( Sorry... wanted to be sure that extra 1/4 inch was counted. :) )

Again nothing against high school drops outs that actually want to achieve something with your life. Maybe I should have said I am not a 22 year old high school drop out who wont work, bums off my folks, and is generally a drain on society lol

I

Guest clsutton21
Leaving the rest of us to hunt for yours...

Seriously... y'all quit. Just stop it. :poop:

But...but...but...we're just starting to get through to him.

Again nothing against high school drops outs that actually want to achieve something with your life. Maybe I should have said I am not a 22 year old high school drop out who wont work, bums off my folks, and is generally a drain on society lol

I

Or you could'a just presented valid, rational arguments, and neverminded about all the other stuff.... :poop:

( I can do this all day y'know... :) )

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
There are far greater things in life than becoming a lawyer. It is easy and that's why I won't do it, I like a challenge.

Another point, why are you winking at me? I thought you didn't like showers with men...I'm not that way, no matter how much of a star lawyer you are.

Well I must say I am honored to interact with someone who is an intelligent and enlightened as yourself. To find something so incredibly easy its not worth your time while most of society regards it as a position which requires a decently high level of intelligence and academic achievement is impressive. I am glad I wont have to face your awesomeness in court :poop:

But...but...but...we're just starting to get through to him.

Maybe I should see if TGODavid needs one more Moderator... One that likes to Taze people... :poop::)

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Or you could'a just presented valid, rational arguments, and neverminded about all the other stuff.... :poop:

( I can do this all day y'know... :) )

But the validity and rationality of one's argument is again a matter of the observers personal opinion. In court a judge or jury weighs the arguments and determines who is right. Here we dont have that but rather a group of similarly positioned people debating. The difference is whether you accept the other person's opinion as just that or whether you choose to flame them for their position. I find the former to be a more mature approach but what do I know about maturity...I am only 22 :D

To find something so incredibly easy its not worth your time while most of society regards it as a position which requires a decently high level of intelligence and academic achievement is impressive.

I thought you said you were studying to become a lawyer...

Guest clsutton21
Well I must say I am honored to interact with someone who is an intelligent and enlightened as yourself. To find something so incredibly easy its not worth your time while most of society regards it as a position which requires a decently high level of intelligence and academic achievement is impressive. I am glad I wont have to face your awesomeness in court :lol:

You probably won't face anyone in court...and it's not because they'll be scared off, either. *insert emoticon to show how pretentious I am*

Jamie,

I always enjoy your posts.

Thanks. :hat:

I also always get a little charge when i roll past this...

Famous last words: "My present manner and demeanor is just fine."

yeah, that one was fun... and entirely too easy. :lol:

Ol' whats-his-name's vacation should'a been over by now, I think... I guess he decided not to come back. Too bad... :(