Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

Oh, accounting seminars for lawyers :D. Perfect!

Well, I'm not certain the Comptroller needs a whole lot of accounting skills.

Since he answers to the legislature, and much of what his office does is governed by state law, the legal degree is probably much more useful. Probably handy too, when it comes to figuring out just what is expected and allowed when his office has to audit other state agencies.

Besides, he already has a small army of trained monkeys with calculators to handle the bean-counting... so I guess he'd be far more concerned with making sure they aren't violating any laws, rather than double-checking their figures.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not certain the Comptroller needs a whole lot of accounting skills.

Since he answers to the legislature, and much of what his office does is governed by state law, the legal degree is probably much more useful. Probably handy too, when it comes to figuring out just what is expected and allowed when his office has to audit other state agencies.

Besides, he already has a small army of trained monkeys with calculators to handle the bean-counting... so I guess he'd be far more concerned with making sure they aren't violating any laws, rather than double-checking their figures.

OK... I'm not gonna get into this in a gay shower thread :D

The survey was two part and voluntary. No names listed. just rank and branch.

The question was to keep the policy or do away with it. Then there was a box for comments or your view on the subject.

From discussing it with other service members I noticed that length of service, rank and age had a lot to do with ones opinion.I work at a General Officer level and so all ranks were present.

I never took it.

this thread was rocking for a while, now it just pretty much sucks

Anyway with all the myriads of lawyers out and about have all of them passed the bar and can they all actually perform legal work in a courtroom?

Or are lawyer cops just going to law school to keep their law dog job?

this thread was rocking for a while, now it just pretty much sucks

Anyway with all the myriads of lawyers out and about have all of them passed the bar and can they all actually perform legal work in a courtroom?

Or are lawyer cops just going to law school to keep their law dog job?

+1 to that.

Law school takes merely 3 more years after one's undergraduate matriculation. One more year than a Master's degree.

But you can be an instant FBI agent. :D

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I think this survey response as quoted in the article about sums it up.

One Special Forces operative -- a part of the military with overall higher resistance to the change -- said, "We have a gay guy [in the unit]. He's big, he's mean, and he kills lots of bad guys. No one cared that he was gay."

How did this work out?

Bradley Manning may have leaked classified info out of anger at US military’s gay policy.

What many media outlets—especially the broadcasters and even cable news (shame on you, Fox News)—are hiding is the fact that the traitorous soldier at the heart of the Wikileaks scandal is a homosexual. It’s not like people won’t be able to find the information about Manning—all it takes is a few, quick Internet searches, but the fact that many are trying hard not to mention his sexual orientation speaks volumes about the political correctness disease in society.

Even if news organizations are scared that his treasonous disclosure may lead to anger at that demographic, it is the duty of news outlets to report on his sexuality if it appears that there is a legitimate connection between his "alleged" crime and it. That certainly appears to be the case.

Reports for the last few months only solidify the impression that Manning was an unhappy and vindictive homosexual who tried to get back at the US military by leaking the tons of classified, US info to Wikileaks. While the news outlets are full of nothing but anger directed at the Australian villain, Julian Assange, who clearly hates the US and its military and should therefore be looked at as an enemy by the US, they suspiciously gloss over Manning being a homosexual. It appears the majority of news organizations want to give him a pass because of his sexual orientation, but when so many signs point to it being a primary—if not THE primary—motive for his leaking, then that’s just the height of irresponsibility and PC. To that I say, "Bull!’

Bradley Manning may have leaked info out of anger at US military