Slim carry semi auto's follow up!

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

First and fore most,

I would like to say thank you to all of you for your input! It was very helpful!

I had just purchased the Walther PPS in 9mm. I am not going to post pics, 'cause I think that there are enough on the forum.

This thing is awesome! I tried the glock's in sub compact,they were bricks. Checked out the xd sub, same.

The Walther fit me like a glove! When I got home with it, first thing I did was rip it down and clean it and lube it, to my surprise, I thought I was looking at a glock! As a glock owner, I do love my glock(21)! I was taken back when I looked at the slide and the interior of the frame! It's nothing more then a slim line glock! The one thing that it did have over the glock was the way the hand sits in the frame. Futher then a glock and lower to the bore.

So, I took it to the range, expecting it to kick being that it only has a 3.2" barrel, NO! I was double tapping in no time! The other thing that raised the eyebrow was the full lenght rails,(Sig type) this little gun is accurate! I am not looking to shoot bullseye at 25 yards with this thing,

but for such a small gun it was pretty accurate!

Now I know, it is alittle pricey! With that being said, as thin as this thing was there was no way I was not purchasing it! I

I did try the Kahr, and Keltec, the Walther was head and shoulders above.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your input! It helped me out alot!

Thank you!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carbonarcher:___________

Thanks for posting your neat update on the PPS. I'm like you; i think they are quite possibly the best designed and built concealed carry pistol being built today.

It's hard to not to like the Walther. I'm trying to find a "lightly used, lovingly cared for" model myself. You just cant find em. Everybody that has them holds on to them.

That, in itself, is a testament to how well they are liked.

Keep up the good work!

leroy

Guest carbonarcher

Like I said, It is a little pricey! While looking in the gun stores, the mags are about the same as some of the sig mags and xd's. I also have an Xd service in 9mm.

I also think that they may have worked out the kinks, I put 300 round in it with at 7 and 8 round mag., No issues! I love my glocks and 1911's, but for summer time carry, this thing is hard to beat!

Guest buttonhook

hey carbon I have a left handed crossbreed supertuck in horse hide I'm trying to sell (for the PPS) only been carried once but used it to store gun in the drawer pm me if your interested

I have been carrying my PPS9 for 7 months and have put 1500-2000 rounds thru it. I've had no FTEs or FTFs. ...knock on wood..... Most accruate 3" barrel i have shot. I love this gun. Every thing you said is spot on.

The Kahrs are great guns and the keltec PF9 is a very servicable gun, but both are to light for me. The PPS is light, but has enough weight over the muzzle to shoot all day. I have used it in a SD class, shooting 450 rounds. I had no fatigue and the PPS ran flawlessly.

With my Comp-Tac MTAC I can wear it all day and no one notices.

Guest carbonarcher

Wow, sounds good gotigers! I don't have that may round in it yet, well on my way!!! LOL. I will look in to the holster suggestions, thanks!

I was thinking that for self defense you need to have something that starts with a 4 but the rest of the world believes that a 9mm is all you really need. My wife really bought this PPS 40 for herself because she liked the small frame and grip but after she shot 50 rounds it hurt her arthritic wrists so she took my XDM 9mm and its now her EDC.

Guest carbonarcher

I must say, I was expecting it to kick pretty good! I was shocked in shooting it that it was so soft! I am a hardcore .45 guy, I don't have any .40s. so thanks for the input. I love my 4 1911's, sig p220 and glock 21, until I get more comfortable with EDC, then I will look to them. I Feel that for hot weather carry, can't beat it! If your a glock fan, this is nothing more then a slim line glock with sig frame rails. Trigger is the same as a glock!

Thanks again for the input!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was thinking that for self defense you need to have something that starts with a 4 but the rest of the world believes that a 9mm is all you really need.

Any caliber you shoot well is effective, because it is about placement and penetration. The shooting well part is the key. "It's hard to argue with a .22 to the tear duct."

There was a reported problem with the PPS not cocking when you chamber a round sometimes. It happened to the PPS .40 I had, although it took me 3 range trips to start seeing the problem. G&L took care of it, but it would be a bit sticky to pull the trigger in a situation and not have anything happen.