Tennessee style Chili?

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

By the way spoolie,

That GN is HOT!! I was 16 when they came out! Scary to think that they are a collector car today! lol!

Just not as hot as those ghost chilies! LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spoolie

I use dry and soaked in vinegar also...I'm trying to get a few good seeds to grow my own. In this chili I used 12 chopped dry and ground powder in it.

I have never seen anything...just feel the burn and sweat beads running down my head. Dr. says they are good for me.

Guest carbonarcher

Spoolie,

I was working in a high end hotel, before, the gloves came out.. One of the guys is cutting surranos for a salad. Chef comes out and says, "Make sure you wash you hands good before you go to the bathroom!" Needless to say, he did not. We were in the kitchen, could not find Dave anywhere? The other manager looked at me and said, do me a favor can you find Dave? So just as I took two steps and it was 45 minutes later, Dave shows up.... Dave are you ok? Dave was soaked.... I have to go home. Why? I was down stairs went to take a leak, and my ......... went on fire!! Jumped in the shower, didn't help.. I tried cold water, hot water everything, I think I have to go to the E.R. The whole time he was crying!! So of course being young and in our 20's, didn't you wash your hands? NO. Were wer like See Ya!

Needless to say, his new nickname became =====

HOTROD!!! LOL!!!!

Guest carbonarcher

Be careful with these chilies! Spoolie sounds like he understands them! Be careful! they will send you to the E.R. if you are not careful! Not from the heat, from you body going into shock! They are no Joke!!!!

May the force be with you!

Not to mention all of the visions you will see!! LOL!!!!

Typically, use ground chipotle, Penzey's med-hot chili powder and a generous dose of ground ancho to deepen the flavor. That's in with ground beef or venison/beef, kidney and pinto beans, and a little local BBQ sauce. Have been known to garnish with habanero or Scotch Bonnet rings, particularly for the unsuspecting. Red Savinas when I can get/grow them...

Guest Bluemax

Unless you are a dead serious pepper head, you may want to avoid the ghost chile. This thing is considerably hotter than a scotch bonnet or habenero, so if you don't enjoy popping a couple of these in your mouth and munching on them...be careful. If you do decide your man enough, have some cold milk or ice cream around, dairy seems to cut the oils from the peppers, but with these bad boys, it may not be very noticeable

I'm partial to Cincinnati style chili. It's not for everyone with the unique blend of spices. I just came upon a great recipe rumored to be the original skyline recipe. I love it. I've got a batch in the fridge right now. I'm told Cincy chili is based on a greek recipe. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://theurbannaturalist.blogspot.com/2010/10/cincinnati-chili.html

Thanks to this thread, I'll be making a big pot of Chili tomorrow... with Pinto beans, kidney beans, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and ground beef, among other things.

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Thanks to this thread, I'll be making a big pot of Chili tomorrow... with Pinto beans, kidney beans, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and ground beef, among other things.

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Never heard of anyone putting mushrooms in their chili. I'll have to try that.

No one ever told me of the ghost chilies.

I must go seek them out.

I am going to be trying to grow some. I brought 2 planters.

You can get them in Gatlinburg at the Pepper Palace, I was there today and by dipping a chip in some sauce made from my wife and I both earned

593367247_photobucket_25627_.jpg

I brought 2 planters to try to grow some and a bottle of the sauce. BTW, they really are no joke, they are loaded with capsaicin. They are about 3 times as hot as a Habanero.

There is a scale for how hot peppers are,

How Hot Are Chile Peppers? | Scoville Heat Scale | Chile Heat Scale | Capsaicin Scoville Units

They are the HOTTEST peppers out there, the only thing that seems hotter is some of the pepper sprays.

BTW, I just can't eat onions. Sometimes I feel like the only person in TN that can't eat onions. Many things as a kid I wouldn't eat because of lets say pure pressure from other kids, like beans. I never had a problem with the taste of beans but you know how kids are. I now love beans. I eat my fruits and veg along with my meat. However, I will be dammed if I am going to eat onions. I swear there must be something wrong with me, my wife has tried to trick me and put just very small amounts of onion in large amounts of food and I find it.

She has even just sliced an onion before then cut something with the same knife and I knew it. It is like I am hyper sensitive to onions.

Long story but last time I ate something that had onions, lets just say I lost my cookies about 15 minutes later.

Oh Yeah Chill! Make mine with eather venison or beef, which ever I have on hand. If beef it has to be 90/10 or better. mix the beans up with light and dark kidney. Lots of garlic, onions and I like to add "Hot Rotel" instead of just plan tomatos. just the right amount of heat for the women foke. If any more heat is needed got my trusty bottle of tabasco

Funny, my wife wants at much heat in chilli or other food as can be put in it. Today was the first time she or I ever tried anything with ghost peppers. We both handled it but even she admitted it was hot. She likes to let on she can take any hot food. Myself, I am more of a lite weight in that area but dang if I was going to pass it up. My tongue still feels the ghost peppers right now from about 4 p.m. I swear I still have a spot on my tongue that still bothers me right now.