Nashville to Atlanta ...any gun shops not too miss?

gr8smiles

Have to be in Buckhead Thursday for a CE class. I will be driving from Nashille and thought that I would take the opportunity to stop by any shops that are recommended here. I will be in the Atlanta area through Saturday. There is a gun show in Marietta Saturday. I just though that it would be fun to poke around some. Obviously, those in Tn are preferrable since I could bring any goodies home and save transfers and shipping. Feel free to pm me any suggestions or just jump in here.

thanks

Rick

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

Family members coming to see me from Atlanta always take the time to stop at hero gear and the outpost. I'm from Atlanta and can't really recommend any stores there. We have a lot better here in middle Tennessee. If you are going to be in Marietta, I would check out Brigade Quartermaster off of Barrett Parkway. They're always worth a stop. Brigade Quartermasters - Gear: Above and Beyond Standard Issue

Have to be in Buckhead Thursday for a CE class. I will be driving from Nashille and thought that I would take the opportunity to stop by any shops that are recommended here. I will be in the Atlanta area through Saturday. There is a gun show in Marietta Saturday. I just though that it would be fun to poke around some. Obviously, those in Tn are preferrable since I could bring any goodies home and save transfers and shipping. Feel free to pm me any suggestions or just jump in here.

thanks

Rick

You could bring home long guns as long as you purchased them from a FFL. It works just the same as buying a long gun in TN: cash, background check, and carry.

Obviously, handguns and any non-FFL purchases will require a transfer.

Big Daddy's Outdoors, 5 minutes from I24 (exit 152) Just over the Alabama border in Bridgeport is a favorite. Not as tacticool as Hero Gear or The Outpost, but a really good allround sporting goods store, with friendly & helpful staff. It doesn't hurt that one of my best Buds is the Manager either!

I've been wanting to visit Big Daddy's ever since I ran through there once before. It looked like a great place to spend some time. I stopped there last weekend and found a "keep out" sign (for the narrow minded like me) on the door. I sat on a porch rocker long enough to smoke and ponder a bit and left. I need to send them a letter. I needed some stuff and it is a neat store.

I just spoke to Lou (the Owner) The sign, whilst a little ambiguous, is purely for folks bringing in guns for gunsmithing work or for sale. It saves someone getting shot accidentally. It's not there as a 'Posted' notice.

Badly worded? Yes, but the Store has no problem whatsoever with their customers carrying while in there, concealed or not.

So, next time you're in the area, feel free to strap on & drop in! (And don't forget to tell Lou, Don, Devin or Boo that English Rob sent you!)