Glock Police Trade In

Guest BlueDuck

Guest BlueDuck

Guys,

Do any of you good folks have any experience with police trade in Glock pistols? I'm primarily interested in your experience with reliability, remaining service life, and overall worth. I may have the opportunity to pick one up for around $380 (with working night sights). Currently, I have the folding money to pick this pistol up. I'm currently "borrowing" my brother's G23 for CCW. I'm going to put my XD40SC on the market eventually. I decided to get rid of the XD after shooting the G23 over Christmas. I was shocked at how much better the G23 felt and how much better I could shoot it over the XD. The police trade in might be a good house gun and cold weather CCW piece. Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a 9mm conversion barrel for the G23 and shoot it like a G19 also. My experience is that police Glocks haven't been shot that much. I have owned 20 Glocks, and have worked on about 50 others conservatively, besides the ones we had at work. 380 OTD wouldn't be bad for a 3rd Gen G23.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - Conversion

I like the Blue Duck ref to Larry McMurty books. Also I have been to FT Leavenworth for an extended TDY but retired at Ft Campbell.

Craig

Guest GLOCKGUY

Theirs nothing worng at all with police trade in Glocks, the only thing bad about them is they uselly have bad holster wear. But other then that they will last you for many many years. And if something ever goes worng with it you can send it to Glock and they will fix it for free or you can fix them your self their the easy handguns to work on..

Theirs nothing worng at all with police trade in Glocks, the only thing bad about them is they uselly have bad holster wear. But other then that they will last you for many many years. And if something ever goes worng with it you can send it to Glock and they will fix it for free or you can fix them your self their the easy handguns to work on..

What he said.

I have a former co-worker that traded a cop for his G17 a few years ago. He let me take it to the range and shoot it for him. I tried to buy it the next day and he would not sell it. It shot great. To this day he's never shot it and probably never will.

Guest Bronker
...I like the Blue Duck ref to Larry McMurty books...Craig

"I need to water my horse..."

"I hope you don't mind it cold...I didn't have time to warm it up up for you..."

"I like it wet..."

"I know you, McCray...from the old days."

"I know you too, Blue Duck."

"where's your friend...'Call'?"

"he ain't here right now. But you're welcome to sit over there and wait for him, if you're able...after me and you get through..."

"you bring that tongue of yours north of the Canadian River...I'll cut it off...feed it to my wolf pups."

Love that screenplay!

Sorry to derail! GO GLOCK!:)

Guest BlueDuck

Thanks for all the feedback! Lonesome Dove is my all-time favorite movie, thus the name. B

I think I will hold out for a G19. I looked at one of those in a store today and really liked it....just wish I could find one priced close to the G17 police trade in price. Thanks again!

Guest malbolja

I would change all the springs. Kits are cheap and it's easy.

I like police trade-ins. They're a good deal and you don't have to worry about putting that first blemish on the finish...

I'm very interested in getting one of these as well... it will be a night stand gun for my wife so holster wear isn't a problem... what do these run and what's a good place to get them from? Im prob gonna get a 17 since it wont be my ccw

If you want to buy a new G19 join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation for $35. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

With your membership card you can buy a new 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32 or 33 for $425.00 from a participating dealer. http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

That would bring the cost of a new G19 to $460.00. The price that I am seeing locally is about $550.00 for a new G19.

With membership you can shoot in the GSSF matches and you are eligible to attend an armorer's course.

Edited by Karnage
If you want to buy a new G19 join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation for $35. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

With your membership card you can buy a new 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32 or 33 for $425.00 from a participating dealer. http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

That would bring the cost of a new G19 to $460.00. The price that I am seeing locally is about $550.00 for a new G19.

With membership you can shoot in the GSSF matches and you are eligible to attend an armorer's course.

That's awesome!! I'm gonna hafta definately check into this!! I will be buying a new 19 for my CCW but I'm wanting a used police gun cuz I can get it cheap and it's still functional and looks don't really matter since it will be a night stand gun...

There good buys compacts and subs are a little rare. I got my old 26 trade in for $370, I could have got one brand new LE Glock for $60 more. I got a 30 for $400 but it was well worn. Most have more than 2000 rounds through them but thats nothing. Good luck. GT's has some nice tradeins if you ever make it down here.

I'm wanting a used police gun cuz I can get it cheap and it's still functional and looks don't really matter since it will be a night stand gun...

G17 and 19 police trades are going to be harder to find. G22's and 23's are what most agencies issue so they are easier to find. Call Craig's Firearms in Knoxville.

Craig's Firearm Supply, Inc. Police Distributors

Craig's is the only Glock law enforcement distributor in the state. If a law enforcement agency buys new Glocks they have to go through Craig's so they get a lot of trade ins.

or check here Used Glocks

or Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

G17 and 19 police trades are going to be harder to find. G22's and 23's are what most agencies issue so they are easier to find. Call Craig's Firearms in Knoxville.

Craig's Firearm Supply, Inc. Police Distributors

Craig's is the only Glock law enforcement distributor in the state. If a law enforcement agency buys new Glocks they have to go through Craig's so they get a lot of trade ins.

or check here Used Glocks

or Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

I'm gonna call craig's tomorrow and see what they have in...hopefully they would have some 17s in...

I purchased a trade-in G26 for $424 OTD. They might have one in the case, AND a stack of them in the back. Take a list of Glock date codes and the different markings on Magazines/Recoil Spring Assemblies/Ejectors. If you ask real politely they might let you swap magazines from one to the other. Be prepared to detail clean, don't believe the previous owner of mine ever did anything other than wipe the outside down:)

I purchased a trade-in G26 for $424 OTD. They might have one in the case, AND a stack of them in the back. Take a list of Glock date codes and the different markings on Magazines/Recoil Spring Assemblies/Ejectors. If you ask real politely they might let you swap magazines from one to the other. Be prepared to detail clean, don't believe the previous owner of mine ever did anything other than wipe the outside down:)

What does taking a list of glock codes and the different markings mean?

I was at GT's this morning and the only trade in Glocks were 2nd gen 22's (3mags,NS)for about $330out the door. I think there was one 21 but it wasnt as clean as some of the 22's . There were a whole lot of Sigs, H&K's, and a few Berettas and fullsize revolvers.

I was at GT's this morning and the only trade in Glocks were 2nd gen 22's (3mags,NS)for about $330out the door. I think there was one 21 but it wasnt as clean as some of the 22's . There were a whole lot of Sigs, H&K's, and a few Berettas and fullsize revolvers.

She'd is GTs at? I called craihs today and they have a few in so im gonna head down in the next day or so and pick one up!

I got a G27 for $476 OTD using the GSSF program. Any PD disributor should be able to sell you the GSSF gun.