Long guns and WalMart

Slasher

Guest buttonhook
Walker Springs and Turkey Creek are the only two WM's of the many in this area that do not sell guns. Ammo yes, but no guns.

The one in maryville doesn't either but the one 3-4 miles away in alcoa does?? I was told(by staff) that they are planning on adding guns to that walmart as well????

Edited by buttonhook
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker Springs and Turkey Creek are the only two WM's of the many in this area that do not sell guns. Ammo yes, but no guns.

The Wally World in Athens sells guns and the one in Lenior City has guns I think.

Not that it helps the OP but most times you get better deals at Gunshops.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I agree that WallyWorld is not the best place to spend my second amendment money but I have a gift certificate for around $200 and can always use a new gun. I just didn't know if they did and what they carried.

The Wally World in Athens sells guns and the one in Lenior City has guns I think.

Not that it helps the OP but most times you get better deals at Gunshops.

They'll generally not be able to beat the prices on the Ruger, Marlin, or Remington models that Wallys carry. Once in a while Dick's or Academy can.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I've never seen one sell anything gun related (minus cleaning type stuff) here in the Nooga' in higher crime areas; like Brainerd.

Yeah that's not true. They do sell ammo at the Brainerd walmart, it is just down under the counter. You gotta ask for it, its not out on display like the one off gunbarrel. The walmart in south cleveland off apd-40 carries guns.

ORDERING GUNS FROM WALLY WORLD....

ask your "friendly" sports counter rep and they will pull out a book of the guns they can order. you point at the one you want and they will order it for you. pretty easy. they have NO idea what they're talking about so don't go with questions about ANYTHING but they can order it for you.

such misinformation on this site guys... c'mon someone actually go and ASK :(

not tryin to be a donkey butt, just tryin to help with maybe more accurate info...

Thanks everyone for the replies. I agree that WallyWorld is not the best place to spend my second amendment money but I have a gift certificate for around $200 and can always use a new gun. I just didn't know if they did and what they carried.

Sounds like the best thing to do is go online and lookup the Walmarts in your area and simply call them and ask for the sporting goods department. Even then you may not get much help. I went into my local Walmart, in Oneida and asked about a Weaver rail and the salesman told me he had never heard of anything like that. I pointed out that there were about 20 hanging right behind him on the wall behind the counter. He said he had worked in sporting goods for over 4 years and had never noticed them before. WTF?!?!?!?!? Who trains these idiots?!?

They'll generally not be able to beat the prices on the Ruger, Marlin, or Remington models that Wallys carry. Once in a while Dick's or Academy can.

- OS

gotta agree with OhShoot here. I bought a 10/22 at Dicks (after a $20 coupon, and 20% off cause it was a floor model) and still only saved like $3 over what the regular price at wally world is...

Yeah that's not true. They do sell ammo at the Brainerd walmart, it is just down under the counter. You gotta ask for it, its not out on display like the one off gunbarrel.....

Guess you haven't been there in quite some time. Whole section redone 3 or 4 months ago, ammo in big glass cabinet in aisle now. Still have to get them to open it, though. Generally been plenty of everything too, last few trips I've made down there.

- OS

Guest mosinon
Sounds like the best thing to do is go online and lookup the Walmarts in your area and simply call them and ask for the sporting goods department. Even then you may not get much help. I went into my local Walmart, in Oneida and asked about a Weaver rail and the salesman told me he had never heard of anything like that. I pointed out that there were about 20 hanging right behind him on the wall behind the counter. He said he had worked in sporting goods for over 4 years and had never noticed them before. WTF?!?!?!?!? Who trains these idiots?!?

Yeah, with Wal Mart you aren't exactly paying for service. Better to drop your coin at the local gun shop.

I get it, everyone wants fantastic service, knowledgeable sales people and low prices but I am pretty sure all those things aren't possible at the same time. "Who trains these people?" is the perfect example. The answer is no one, training costs money.

Yeah that's not true. They do sell ammo at the Brainerd walmart, it is just down under the counter. You gotta ask for it, its not out on display like the one off gunbarrel. The walmart in south cleveland off apd-40 carries guns.

ORDERING GUNS FROM WALLY WORLD....

such misinformation on this site guys... c'mon someone actually go and ASK ;)

not tryin to be a donkey butt, just tryin to help with maybe more accurate info...

Have you ever seen one that didn't sell ammo? I thought that was a given. Next time I'll try and be more specific.

Lets see, they don't sell guns, gun safes, 10-22 mags, arrow heads.

They do sell ammo, Rem oil, patches, targets.

Did I leave anything out? I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did...

Oh, and I did ask...

I have purchased about half of my long guns from Walmart in Bristol. Mr.Tim and Mrs. Billie are great to help you out. WM has the best prices on the guns they carry. If I find a long gun that I want I always go to WM and price shop based on the special order book that they hide under the register. The only time they were not the lowest price was when I found a Marlin 795 for $94. At Dicks.

P.S. I grabed three of them Marlin rifles.

Guest Kamikaze

I'm sitting in walmart right now. Just stocked up on ammo. Found out they stock here Tuesdays. To my surprise they are now carrying 410 pdx-1. Even better I asked for some tulammo and she pointed me to some brass cased federal I didn't see for $1 more. All without opening the boxes. Nice.

My neighbor is up the food chain at Wal Mart corporate so I asked him today while helping him move a table. Columbine ring a bell? He said there was a push not to carry guns at any wallyworld. But so far they pick and choose what stores carry fund based on demographics of the area. If it's a place like the tri cities where hunters outnumber gangmembers they carry them. Apparently fat man Michael Moore has screwed the pooch for a lot of things.

76c2fa1d.jpg

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Have you ever seen one that didn't sell ammo? I thought that was a given. Next time I'll try and be more specific.

Lets see, they don't sell guns, gun safes, 10-22 mags, arrow heads.

They do sell ammo, Rem oil, patches, targets.

Did I leave anything out? I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did...

Oh, and I did ask...

The one here in Raleigh did not carry ammo until about 3 months ago when they did a store remodel.

My neighbor is up the food chain at Wal Mart corporate so I asked him today while helping him move a table. Columbine ring a bell? He said there was a push not to carry guns at any wallyworld. But so far they pick and choose what stores carry fund based on demographics of the area. If it's a place like the tri cities where hunters outnumber gangmembers they carry them. Apparently fat man Michael Moore has screwed the pooch for a lot of things.

- Columbine in 1999. First change in Wally's firearms stores availability in 2005-6.

- WalMart not mentioned in Bowling for Columbine.

- Some of the ammo was bought from KMart.

- None of the guns were bought from either KMart or Wal-Mart

If Wally's was worried about liability or public image to anti-gunners, they'd not sell any guns period.

Sorry, but methinks your friend is no more informed than the lowliest desk clerk.

It's obviously a maximization of profits motive on Wally's part and nothing more.

- OS

-

Sorry, but methinks your friend is no more informed than the lowliest desk clerk.

It's obviously a maximization of profits motive on Wally's part and nothing more.

- OS

Whatever.

Edited by Krull
Guest mosinon

76c2fa1d.jpg

Yeah, I think your buddy just told you that Wal Mart doesn't pick and choose based on anything but demographics. Places where people buy rifles get the rifles. Places where people don't buy rifles get something different. Gang bangers do't roll with 10/22 after all.

Wal Mart will be a supplier up over a penny. No really, they will. If you imagine they would let some store floor area sell guns when it could be more profitable selling cookies or something you're crazy.

But you'll want an example. Go to your local Wal mart and try to buy a bolt of fabric. Maybe you want to sew something up or whatever. For years Wal Mart sold that sewing stuff (I think Sam Walton's wife had something to do with this) and had floor space dedicated to fabric. That space, like rifles, is gone where I live and might be gone everywhere.

It isn't that Wal Mart is trying to infringe on you rights to make your own clothes or buy a weapon they are just trying to maximize dollars per square foot of floor space. It;s fun to blame Michael Moore and all but the real reason isn't even a secret. It is exactly what you would expect.

Guest eyescream
I would bet that not many people hunt where I live and if they do I would bet they would only hunt with a silent trigger, quidditch scoped, auto zapper in 633 that costs 9,000 bucks from Gander mountain. I'm just guessing cause when they go fishing they have to use the $500 dollar fly rod, $400 of clothes and a really nice camera just to catch a trout.

:(:lol::rofl:

Guest Aces&8s

Luckily, our Wal-Marts still carry long guns and ammo. I just picked up my new shotty this morning at the Johnson City Browns Mill Wallyworld.

Guest jessewho

Well we have 2 walmarts in Johnson City and one of them sells long guns and they priced decent. I actually think it is the only Wal-Mart that sells them in the area. They have sold them there as long as I can remember.

Well we have 2 walmarts in Johnson City and one of them sells long guns and they priced decent. I actually think it is the only Wal-Mart that sells them in the area. They have sold them there as long as I can remember.

naa colonial heights, rogersville, kingsport,erwin,and elizabethton all sell long guns....not sure about bristol.