Long guns and WalMart

Slasher

I have heard that Walmart carries long guns but I don't know if I have ever see any in any of the Walmarts I have been in. I am in Collierville and have been out here for about 8 years so I don't really have a need to go to other Walmarts.

Are there any in the Memphis area that carry them and if so what kind to they normally carry. I would be looking for some kind of auto-loading 22 or a tactical type shotgun.

thanks,

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wally will not carry or order tactical type guns. So I was told by the Wally World staff. Here in Knoxville some Wally stores carry guns and some don't carry any guns at all. I think the one on Walker Springs can't or won't carry them.

Edited by Howler
Most of the walmarts around here have quit selling guns.Now if you want a new toy you can either go to the local gunshows of one of the two gunstores within ten miles (classic arms and the new one where poplar and 72 meet)

where is the one at Poplar and 72?

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
The Wal-mart on Germantown Road in Cordova and the one in Bartlett on 64 have long guns. Mostly hunting style rifles, some 10/22s, maybe a Mini-14 or two. Nothing tacti-cool.

What he said. I am glad that the Raleigh Walmart at least carries ammo now. I think the Oakland Walmart may carry long guns as well.

Wally will not carry or order tactical type guns. So I was told by the Wally World staff. Here in Knoxville some Wally stores carry guns and some don't carry any guns at all. I thing the one on Walker Springs can't or won't carry them.

Walker Springs and Turkey Creek are the only two WM's of the many in this area that do not sell guns. Ammo yes, but no guns.

I have heard that Walmart carries long guns but I don't know if I have ever see any in any of the Walmarts I have been in. I am in Collierville and have been out here for about 8 years so I don't really have a need to go to other Walmarts.

Are there any in the Memphis area that carry them and if so what kind to they normally carry. I would be looking for some kind of auto-loading 22 or a tactical type shotgun.

thanks,

Well, there's your problem.

A little birdie has told me that WM does not sell guns in higher crime areas. I'm inclined to believe this as I've never seen one sell anything gun related (minus cleaning type stuff) here in the Nooga' in higher crime areas; like Brainerd.

Edited by strickj

I have tried to figure out how Wal Mart decides which stores sell guns and can't figure it out. In Jackson the store on the north side of town sells guns and the one out south does not. If I was looking at potential buyers I would think it would be better the other way around.

Most of the walmarts around here have quit selling guns.Now if you want a new toy you can either go to the local gunshows of one of the two gunstores within ten miles (classic arms and the new one where poplar and 72 meet)

Poplar and 72? What shop is this? I need to spread the wealth.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

A little birdie has told me that WM does not sell guns in higher crime areas. I'm inclined to believe this as I've never seen one sell anything gun related (minus cleaning type stuff) here in the Nooga' in higher crime areas; like Brainerd.

I am sure that is why the Raleigh Walmart doesnt carry guns. Up until this year they didnt even carry ammo. I guess they disliked the idea of being held up with something they sold lol jk jk

Dons guns just opened (or will soon open) in the little strip mall accrossed from O-charlies . it is right between the gold place (used to be a Pizza place) and the Tobacco store

That's nice to know. I like O'Charleys in Collierville so checking out the new store will be easy. When does it open?

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Doesn't surprise me that they don't sell guns in Memphis. I haven't seen any in Nashville Wal-marts either. Dickson, Manchester, and Murfreesboro still stock rifles.

Well they do sell guns in Memphis Metro Area but just in the nicer areas ie; Cordova and Bartlett

Guest mosinon

I am not inclined to believe this.

First off Wal Mart is in the business of selling what ever people will buy.

Secondly, I've not encountered that trend. An example would be more illuminating. In knoxville the higher crime areas tend to be east and south. East town mall wal mart sells guns. The classy area of town, where all the spoiled people live is the westerly part. Yet the Turkey Creek wal mart does not sell guns. Or much ammo.

My suspicion, and it is just a guess, is that Wal mart is pretty damn good at logistics. They know that there isn't as much demand for weapons at some locations and more demand at others. Drive five miles and you can buy guns at the wal mart in Lenoir City.

I would guess that crime is worse in Lenoir City than West Knoxville. I would also guess that there are a lot more hunters there. I would further opine that wal mart sales have to do more with hunters than crime.

In urban areas (sometimes higher crime) long guns just aren't very useful. I would bet that not many people hunt where I live and if they do I would bet they would only hunt with a silent trigger, quidditch scoped, auto zapper in 633 that costs 9,000 bucks from Gander mountain. I'm just guessing cause when they go fishing they have to use the $500 dollar fly rod, $400 of clothes and a really nice camera just to catch a trout.

I am not inclined to believe this.

First off Wal Mart is in the business of selling what ever people will buy.

Secondly, I've not encountered that trend. An example would be more illuminating. In knoxville the higher crime areas tend to be east and south. East town mall wal mart sells guns. The classy area of town, where all the spoiled people live is the westerly part. Yet the Turkey Creek wal mart does not sell guns. Or much ammo.

My suspicion, and it is just a guess, is that Wal mart is pretty damn good at logistics. They know that there isn't as much demand for weapons at some locations and more demand at others. Drive five miles and you can buy guns at the wal mart in Lenoir City.

I would guess that crime is worse in Lenoir City than West Knoxville. I would also guess that there are a lot more hunters there. I would further opine that wal mart sales have to do more with hunters than crime.

In urban areas (sometimes higher crime) long guns just aren't very useful. I would bet that not many people hunt where I live and if they do I would bet they would only hunt with a silent trigger, quidditch scoped, auto zapper in 633 that costs 9,000 bucks from Gander mountain. I'm just guessing cause when they go fishing they have to use the $500 dollar fly rod, $400 of clothes and a really nice camera just to catch a trout.

Well, I didn't say the crime itself was to blame. Maybe it's the lower income of higher crime areas. Maybe it's the added cost of extra TICS denials(you know, that's time spent by an employee working for no reason instead of loafing).

It's just what I've heard

thanks,

While this is almost a sacrilegious statement to some, I don't buy anything from Wal-Mart and I've found that no lightning bolts have been directed at me and life has gone on!

Whenever possible I prefer to give my custom to local businesses who, in my humble opinion, can do far more good with it what all the Wal-Marts and K-Marts and other big box stores in the world put together. Even more so when buying a firearm - when it comes to buying something as serious as a firearm, I prefer to deal with a business who's business IS firearms.

Just my $0.02

Guest clownsdd
While this is almost a sacrilegious statement to some, I don't buy anything from Wal-Mart and I've found that no lightning bolts have been directed at me and life has gone on!

Whenever possible I prefer to give my custom to local businesses who, in my humble opinion, can do far more good with it what all the Wal-Marts and K-Marts and other big box stores in the world put together. Even more so when buying a firearm - when it comes to buying something as serious as a firearm, I prefer to deal with a business who's business IS firearms.

Just my $0.02

+100 I could not tell you the last time I was in a wal or k mut