I want one... BAD.

Guest Jamie

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

The NAA Ranger (also known as The BreakTop)

I certainly hope these go into full production, so I can get my hands on one... or even two. :D

My NAA .22 mag revolver is my favorite carry gun... and it'd sure be nice to have one I didn't have to take apart to load.

Yeah, I know... not everybody's cup of tea. :)

But I'll have my NAA with me when the rest of y'all have left your Glocks and other larger guns at home. :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big improvement -- tactical reload now possible.

There a speed loader?

- OS

Yeah... and if they'd just do a dual-cylinder, full-production version - .22lr/.22mag - I might drop over from a coronary. :)

( Don't get yer hopes up, folks... I'm not that easy to get rid of. :D )

Oh, and a 2 inch barreled version would be nice too... Sort of like a "Super Black Widow"...

Jamie, please educate me....

I have steered away from derringers because of the "exposed" trigger and no safety...are either of these legitimate concerns?

Naw....these are single action.

Have to be cocked to fire. And you put hammer on a notch between cylinders, so can't go off from dropping.

- OS

Naw....these are single action.

Have to be cocked to fire. And you put hammer on a notch between cylinders, so can't go off from dropping.

- OS

Thanks Mack....i have never even had one in my hand...much less shoot one. I might be in the market for one now.

But, what is the deal with taking it apart to reload?

Thanks Mack....i have never even had one in my hand...much less shoot one. I might be in the market for one now.

But, what is the deal with taking it apart to reload?

Well, you have to drop the cylinder out to do it on all the traditional models.

But it's not like this is a high volume target or operator's gun. :)

- OS

I think I'd chose my Spyderco over that thing.

That's a gamble you can't afford to lose... A .22 mag has a fair bit more reach than your Spyderco, and the muzzle blast from that short barrel is fierce to say the least. So I certainly wouldn't want even a .22 mag blank detonated in my face, much less a live/"real" round.

By the way, I carry a knife or two as well, so the NAA isn't the only thing an attacker has to worry about.

Thanks again...do they make this in a .45?:)

Nope, but this...

OldRemingtonNewArmyRevolver002.jpg

.... with a .45 Colt conversion cylinder would be the equivalent... and unfortunately would also lose that "carry any where at any time" status that makes the NAAs so attractive to some of us.

I see...but the "concealability" makes the other one very interesting...

Holster?...or just stick it in your pocket?

Holster.

HalfFinishedHolster.jpg

That one's hand-made and unfinished... but functional just the same.

One of these days I'll get around to stitching it up and edge-coating it. Maybe. ( It's only held together by Gorilla glue at the moment, and I'm kind'a curious to see how long that lasts before it give up. So far, it's been nearly a year. )

Holster.

HalfFinishedHolster.jpg

That one's hand-made and unfinished... but functional just the same.

One of these days I'll get around to stitching it up and edge-coating it. Maybe. ( It's only held together by Gorilla glue at the moment, and I'm kind'a curious to see how long that lasts before it give up. So far, it's been nearly a year. )

thanks bro...very very intriguing....
I like it. I'm also partial to 22mag. So when do we order?

As soon as it goes into full production and the price drops? Never mind that I don't wanna be the "guinea pig" for everybody else... :-\

thanks bro...very very intriguing....

If you can cut and fold a piece of leather, you can make that holster, btw... Oh, yeah, and add a bit of glue.

Like I said, I plan(ned?) on stitching it... but now I'm having trouble seeing the need.

Very cool gun...I have never fired any of these, so can't tell much about how to grip them and such, but I have been thinking about one of those ones that fold into the grip and then clip on your belt. It would be neat if they had this top break magnum in the fold-up version...B

ps, anybody know what those feel like to shoot? Can you get very many fingers around them? What about with the wooden grips?

Very cool gun...I have never fired any of these, so can't tell much about how to grip them and such, but I have been thinking about one of those ones that fold into the grip and then clip on your belt. It would be neat if they had this top break magnum in the fold-up version...B

ps, anybody know what those feel like to shoot? Can you get very many fingers around them? What about with the wooden grips?

I have their regular, non-break .22 mag, with the same length barrel, and it's no trouble at all to shoot. The grip is about 1-1/2 to 2 fingers, besides the one pulling the trigger. The break-top looks like it's pretty much the same size gun as the one I have, btw.

Mine has a rubber, slip-on grip, but I don't think I'd have any more trouble with the wooden ones. NAA has a lot of different grip options at their on-line store, so you should be able to find something that'll suit you. I have the fold-up grip for it, but I don't like it. It basically doubles the size of the gun. It does allow you more to hang onto though.

BabyMagnum.jpg

Edited by Jamie
Added a pic