Nashville show this weekend

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

I'll be there Saturday morning bright and early. I was supposed to work at the Appleseed booth that will be there, but my recovery from the surgery that I just had will limit my time there too much. My Dad, however, will be working the booth so be sure to stop by on Saturday or Sunday morning and ask for Broomhead's dad and say "Hi".

I am looking for another stock Ruger 10/22 if anyone is planning on selling one there.

I will be there Saturday afternoon or Sunday depending on work. First time for this show, hope it is better than the one in Lebanon last weekend.

Probably going tomorrow...how's it look thus far? Possibly in the market for a p220 or m&p 45.

I saw a used P220 for I think $475 along the far right wall. It didn't look like it came with anything just the mag that was in it and the gun. I didn't have any luck there, a lot to look at but nothing that I was looking for, atleast not for the price I was looking for it at.

I went today - pretty typical..

Has anyone tried any of the 'exotic' ammo that the guy sells in mostly individual rounds? (Dragon Breath, Ball & Chain, etc. Mostly shotgun ammo.). Some of the rounds look interesting for personal defense, but I question how dependable / effective it might be.. I was terrified of rock salt rounds when I was a kid (long story), I didn't know you could buy them these days.

I picked up a couple of things to test out the next time I get to the range with a shotgun.

Back in the old days you would open a shotgun shell up pour out the shot and replace it with rock salt wont kill at extended ranges but burns like all get out think of it as antique riot control for mischievous teenagers can't do that today

Back in the old days you would open a shotgun shell up pour out the shot and replace it with rock salt wont kill at extended ranges but burns like all get out think of it as antique riot control for mischievous teenagers can't do that today

Exactly! When I was a kid, trespassing was handled differently than it is these days.

This vendor had 12ga rock salt shells for sale today.. I really thought about picking some up, but decided that if things ever get to the point that I need to shoot at someone I probably won't want to just tick them off.

Traded a SW Mountain Gun 25-13 for a SW Nickel 25-5. Cost a little boot, but I gave up a recent SW gun with a 'lock' for a real nice collectors piece.

While waiting for TICS and paperwork, I saw that the same dealer had a 63-3 SW in a 2" snubbie....that came home too. The 63 in the 2" are very rare and command

a premium. I have 2 of the 651 .22 magnum in the 2", now I have a set:)

Also, I found a mint Colt Mustang. I have a stainless one and now have the mate in blue. I call that a good day.

I call that a good day.

I call that pure awesome. Congrats to you! Based on what I saw, this particular show had a better selection of Smith revolvers than I can recall ever seeing. I regret that there were no good deals on a 617, because I would have taken one home. It seems like once a shooter owns a good .22, they never give them up.

I went with my father this morning, who hasn't owned a pistol since he gave his up when I was born; I wanted him to check out what was available. Not sure which way he'll go yet, but it looks like he is leaning Sig P220 (he's pretty set on .45). I'm a big Sig fan, so I'm all in favor, but I was disappointed that M&P 45s weren't available this morning. With all the positive reviews on the M&P .45, I hope he considers it as well.

Today was a very good day to pick up a surplus Enfield...saw several that weren't "collector grade", but were in great shape for shooting - I'm not sure how, but I managed to not take one home. Saw several nice '03 A3s as well, but it appears the Garand market has gone insane. I'll wait to get one of those via CMP.

So, what internet prize do I win for not buying something at the show? My wallet was itching badly, but I'm trying to save for a good safe, and possibly reloading equipment.

Also, The Armory had a very good price on an Armory-Kote Springfield TRP (not the full-on FBI super deluxe model, but still a fine piece of hardware), at $1499. I found the same gun online at $1489; after shipping and transfer fees, you could come out pretty close to the online price, and take it home right away. Good on them for that. Friendly people staffing their booth as well.