Another THP Gun encounter with Motorist

Guest Letereat!

Guest Letereat!

This is a First hand account from one of our Help Truck Operators With TDOT.

{We call them “operators” cause they are all First responder certified, many are full EMTs, most all are Former Military or Law Enforcement and some still serve on their local rescue squads, and they all like gun’s, they are no slouches.}

Anyway

THP officer calls TMC dispatch for assistance with disabled vehicle (THP does not change tires for obvious reasons), a help truck is dispatched.

HTO arrives shortly and discovers he must lower the back seat to remove the spare tire.

Upon doing so he discovers an AR-15 with clip intact.

He casually approaches the THP officer and says “I think you aughta have a look at this”

Officer takes possession of said weapon and removes the clip, (topped off), then cycles the action dislodging the chambered round then confronts the middle aged female driver who pleads that it is her Sons Rifle and she had no idea it was in the vehicle.

The HTP officer says, (after properly storing the Weapon and ammo and a short counseling session with Lady.) “Just change her tire and get her outa here”

Provides additional "traffick controll" till the tire is changed and everyone drives away.:up::cop::usa:

Edited by TGO David
Edited posted to remove badly executed attempt at joke.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not following. The officer a) properly stowed the weapon and ammo in the lady's car, and explained to her about proper stowage, :usa: the officer stole the weapon... the lady was let go, the help guy fixed the flat and left... then there's a prison joke?

Someone 'splain, please...

Guest Letereat!
I still don't get it.

THP Let the Lady go.................Had he been a "by the booker", some gung ho newb or just having a bad day he could have chagred her with intent to go armed and taken the gun, ass dick etc.

Its is the converse of what we usually hear in such a situation. NOW GET TO REJOICING AND Clapping thine hands!!:usa:

Edited by Letereat!
Guest No-bark Noonan

You know, I once got pulled over. They said I was goin too fast on my secret government giant turtle. I told them that I was fleeing a rabid chupacabra with an automatic weapon, and they fell slilent. I think that was when the gravity of the situation hit them.

Guest Letereat!
You know, I once got pulled over. They said I was goin too fast on my secret government giant turtle. I told them that I was fleeing a rabid chupacabra with an automatic weapon, and they fell slilent. I think that was when the gravity of the situation hit them.
U too huh.:usa::cop:

"You know, I once got pulled over. They said I was goin too fast on my secret government giant turtle. I told them that I was fleeing a rabid chupacabra with an automatic weapon, and they fell slilent. I think that was when the gravity of the situation hit them. "

That, my friend, is funny.

Edited by Good_Steward
Guest Letereat!

:blink::wall:;):cool:

wait, he got 10 years for having a loaded weapon in his car???
I think that part was a joke...
Yes. That part was a Joke, no one went anywhere but to their desired destinations. Hence:up::cop::usa:
I still don't get it.
I'm not following. The officer a) properly stowed the weapon and ammo in the lady's car, and explained to her about proper stowage, B) the officer stole the weapon... the lady was let go, the help guy fixed the flat and left... then there's a prison joke?

Someone 'splain, please...

^^^^:clap:;)
I still don't get the joke.
This would have been a lot better post without the obfuscation of the facts by trying to make a joke out of it. LEO's have a hard enough time without everyone having to search for the particulars of an encounter.

Just saying...

:doh:

The first post was a train-wreck, so I've edited it to remove the attempted joke. I'm also sending the OP a copy of this handy reference guide...

jokesfordummies.png

CLEARLY I need to study this book, I was about to run in front of a Semi........I am forever Indepted.....as you have contributed to my continued existance:hat:

Edited by Letereat!