What do I buy next?

Guest jessewho

Guest jessewho

So I just bought my Mossberg 500 and have no idea what I want to save up for next. I'm fully open to suggestions. I am leaning toward a rifle. See my first post to see what I have so far. http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/new-member-introductions/51438-young-gun.html

I have CONSIDERED an AK-47. Id like to pay no more than $500-$600 for my next firearm. I guess I am really just looking for a fun firearm. What are some of your favorites?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Traumaslave

Spend the $$ on quality. You're young, start your collection off right. Get something that you will enjoy keeping and pass to your kids. Firearms are an investment. No need for trash.

I reccomend the Ruger 10/22 as well.

The mods you can do are limitless.

The .22 ammo is extremely cheap.

1k rounds can be had for less then $40.

The recoil is similar to a bb gun but much much more accurate.

Guest Aces&8s
You NEED a Mosin Nagant. The rifle is about $70 to $120, and ammo is relatively inexpensive.

I agree with this... Mosins are awesome. My other suggestion would be a Swiss K31. Great rifles, exceedingly well-built, extremely accurate, a heck of a lot of fun to shoot, and who knows when the supply is going to dry up. I bought mine for $189, and now they are going for more like $300 - $350.

Pick your poison....for less than $300 out the door.

You can get a 10/22 with 1000 rounds of ammo

Or a mosin with 800 rounds of ammo

or a used 30/30 lever action and enough hunting ammo to bag deer for 10 years

If you like to shoot rather than sit and stare at your guns....these are the ones that will give you the most bang for the buck.

I would have to go with a 10/22 as well. I have had a few of them, and wish I still had them all. I just have one right now, but if there were no sentimental with any of my other guns, it would be either the last or second to last gun I would ever get rid of. Mine is plenty accurate, and it is just the bottom of the line carbine model. You would not be disappointed with a 10/22.

• 1 month later...
Guest jessewho

Well, I have finally decided. My next firearm will be a Mosin Nagant. Anyone know any good places in the Tri-Cities area to get one besides the shows? I heard Byrd's (spelling?) had some last week. Have not looked anywhere yet.

Guest Aces&8s

Tri-Cities Gun Depot has them in stock right now. I was just up there today and saw a few on the rack, but I was too busy drooling over the 1911s to notice the price they had on them.

Guest jessewho
Tri-Cities Gun Depot has them in stock right now. I was just up there today and saw a few on the rack, but I was too busy drooling over the 1911s to notice the price they had on them.

Alright. and I know what you mean by the drooling part ha ha. And they are a good group of guys though. Real good experience when I bought my Mossberg 500 recently.

Edited by jessewho
spelling
Guest jessewho
everybody needs a good 22 cheap to feed and a blast to shoot

I agree! I have a Savage Model 22/410 and a Mossberg 702 Plinkster. I just want more power (Tim the Toolman Grunt Here).

I agree! I have a Savage Model 22/410 and a Mossberg 702 Plinkster. I just want more power (Tim the Toolman Grunt Here).

That little Savage model 24 in .22LR/410 will only increase in value, not to mention the utility benefits of it. Why not consider one of these in larger calibers and gauges, say like a .222/20 gauge, or even a .223/12 gauge?